The Conservative Party - Part Two.

40 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think Gove is back on the cocaine

heh heh heh 😁

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Not going to argue with you my friend . Yes we are going through rough times with one thing and another but we will get there 

Indeed we are, and many of those rough times are a direct result of years ofTory misrule and their move to the far right and neoliberalism. As for getting there, how do you think it's all going to end? Muppets keep voting them back in without realising what's going on, aided and abetted by misinformation from an elite owned media.  

Edited by Anna B

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Indeed we are, and many of those rough times are a direct result of years ofTory misrule and their move to the far right and neoliberalism. As for getting there, how do you think it's all going to end? Muppets keep voting them back in without realising what's going on, aided and abetted by misinformation from an elite owned media.  

While labour carry on fighting among themselves, welcome to another 40 years of tory rule :(

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

While labour carry on fighting among themselves, welcome to another 40 years of tory rule :(

Labour needs to move left to counter the far right. Starmer is not the man to do it. He is part of the problem, another neoliberal intent on  purging the left from the party entirely. We have ended up with a right wing Labour party, and a far right Conservative party, and a number of little parties that will never be able to gain enough ground to take power. 

The Tories managed to decimate the Unions in the same way, leaving the working class (for want of a better demographic definition) with no meaningful representation to counter things like the gig economy, poor working practices, rise of the mega corporations etc and the growing need for foodbanks, (which the Tories even tried to deny existed in the first instance.)

The Tories excel at survivalism for themselves at the expense of everyone else from the monarchy downwards. They will lie, cheat and steal to maintain their power. They've had hundreds of years of practice, it's quite extraordinary when you think about it.

Representation for the working class is a relatively new thing, and they've managed to all but destroy it in the blink of an eye.   

21 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

You are no friend of mine, the despicable mob of wrong uns you support are an absolute disgrace. It’s about time you did one and crawled back under that rock you ****house.

Wow you really are bitter and twisted . Think it would be better for your mental health if you disregarded my posts 

Edited by hackey lad

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Labour needs to move left to counter the far right.

That is absolutely the last thing it should do. People are no more interested in what the left have to offer than they have been over the last 40 years.  You can sit there in your delusional fantasy and worship Jeremy but that will only deliver a succession of conservative party governments. 

Labour needs a modernising, progressive platform which offers sensible, sane solutions to many of the problems which the population is suffering.  Starmer may or may not be the man to do it, but there isn't much of an alternative. Fortunatrly, the Conservative party is similarly talent constrained. 

Edited by andyofborg

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Have a think how and why Tony Blair won three  general elections in a row for the Labour party.

Exactly correct.

Tony Blair was another neoliberal allowed to win to give the illusion of democracy.

It went well didn't it? Taking us into 20 years of unwinnable war in spite of the population protesting against it. Then once he's done the damage, he becomes 'peace envoy to the middle east' making millions out of selling more arms to Arabs.

Yeah, a really good example of just what we need more of...

Educate yourself and wise up to what's happening. The world has changed mightily since the days of 'we're all middle class now' Tony Blair.

On 30/08/2021 at 21:46, Mister Gee said:

You are no friend of mine, the despicable mob of wrong uns you support are an absolute disgrace. It’s about time you did one and crawled back under that rock you ****house.

I thought for a minute that I was on the Sheffield Football page, grow up in the name of whoever you believe in.

13 hours ago, andyofborg said:

That is absolutely the last thing it should do. People are no more interested in what the left have to offer than they have been over the last 40 years.  You can sit there in your delusional fantasy and worship Jeremy but that will only deliver a succession of conservative party governments. 

Labour needs a modernising, progressive platform which offers sensible, sane solutions to many of the problems which the population is suffering.  Starmer may or may not be the man to do it, but there isn't much of an alternative. Fortunatrly, the Conservative party is similarly talent constrained. 

Oh the irony...

Jeremy Corbyn did nothing but offer sensible, sane solutions to the many problems the population are suffering, all costed and appropriate.

But the Tory controlled media deliberately and relentlessly hampered him getting his message out. I know because I saw him live at a rally in Sheffield City centre, and heard it straight from the horses mouth. It bore no relation to what the media were saying about him.  Live events were the only way he could get his message across, so savage, relentless, and untrue was the campaign against him. 

He was finally finished off by Starmer's sacking of this decent, honest man from the Labour party on trumped up charges of anti-semitism of all things, which couldn't be further from the truth. This is why Starmer is so hated by so many and will never be forgiven.

If Starmer had worked with Corbyn instead of against him, the Labour party would have been United and surged ahead.

Big mistake, Huge.    

On 31/08/2021 at 12:12, Anna B said:

Labour needs to move left to counter the far right.

It tried this. We had Momentum thugs.

Sadly Labour has now made a rod for its own back and I can't see there will ever be a way to unite the party.  

You keep going on about the "Tory controlled media" attacking Corbyn. But there are plenty of media sources who were initially behind him - Channel 4, The Guardian, The Mirror - a combined figure of  67 million readers and viewers.