The Conservative Party - Part Two.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Given your penny pinching nature when it comes to benefits, how does it feel to support a government whose ministers have in the last 4 years squandered £100 Billion of tax payers money on waste and fraud?

Folk with your mindset are a massive part of the problem and play no part in the solution.  I suspect your figure is hugely exaggerated.  The government had an once in one hundred year pandemic to deal with.  Decisions had to made fast and there is no doubt criminals took advantage of the situation and scammed the taxpayer.  Before the pandemic there was far too much wastage of taxpayer's money in the NHS and from councils all over the country.  Wastage is the biggest burden of taxpayer's money and has been so for decades under both Tory and Labour governments. Our country needs a government that will attack wastage in all areas of government expenditure with the number one target being the NHS.  Turning a blind eye to benefit scroungers which you clearly support will not help in the battle to stop taxpayer's money being wasted.

5 hours ago, Axe said:

I am in favour of cutting certain benefits to fund a rise in the threshold for when workers start to pay tax. Unemployment benefits are too high and are given to many bone idle people. At the moment it is too easy for certain people to stay at home rather than look for work. The whole unemployment benefit system needs reforming. 

I’m retired you seem to be on here any time off day , if you were on benefits I bet you don’t refuse them By the way longing to hear your idol Johnson try to defend is self over covid He will speak in his  Oxford lingo spiting out more lies Only Doris Gito and the guy with the same stupid blond Charlie Trigg  will defend him Oh and you  But don’t worry he will try and take others with him  He as lost all his clout now  

4 minutes ago, Slinny said:

I’m retired you seem to be on here any time off day , if you were on benefits I bet you don’t refuse them By the way longing to hear your idol Johnson try to defend is self over covid He will speak in his  Oxford lingo spiting out more lies Only Doris Gito and the guy with the same stupid blond Charlie Trigg  will defend him Oh and you  But don’t worry he will try and take others with him  He as lost all his clout now  

I am semi retired.  I paid in to a private pension and got heavily taxed when I took a lump sum.  I do not receive any state benefits. 

Boris Johnson has never been my idol but I continue to support him because there was a witch hunt to remove him as prime minister which weak Tory MPs caved in to.  Boris Johnson deserves respect because if it was not for him democracy would have been lost in our country and we would have never left the EU.

13 minutes ago, Axe said:

I am semi retired.  I paid in to a private pension and got heavily taxed when I took a lump sum.  I do not receive any state benefits. 

Boris Johnson has never been my idol but I continue to support him because there was a witch hunt to remove him as prime minister which weak Tory MPs caved in to.  Boris Johnson deserves respect because if it was not for him democracy would have been lost in our country and we would have never left the EU.

Then you should have taken the trouble to find the best way to draw your lump sum without paying tax, by taking 25% at a time tax free.

Boris Johnson wasn't just a corrupt liar, he was also lazy and rubbish at the job, as is coming out in the Covid enquiry. It was no witch hunt, he was quite simply an incompetent person who has spent his life getting by on charm and bluster rather than any real talent. And you fell for it... 

Edited by Anna B

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

Ask the people who lost their loved ones in covid and could not  see them in hospital when dying .i wonder what Hancock thinks of him now .He as lost all his clout now So no need to hold anything back .Sunak next to riddle  The ones who were lying like rats on the front bench till very near the end should also be brought to account also  

1 minute ago, Slinny said:

Ask the people who lost their loved ones in covid and could not  see them in hospital when dying .i wonder what Hancock thinks of him now .He as lost all his clout now So no need to hold anything back .Sunak next to riddle  The ones who were lying like rats on the front bench till very near the end should also be brought to account also  

Give it a rest from that old chestnut.

40 minutes ago, Axe said:

Folk with your mindset are a massive part of the problem and play no part in the solution.  I suspect your figure is hugely exaggerated.  The government had an once in one hundred year pandemic to deal with.  Decisions had to made fast and there is no doubt criminals took advantage of the situation and scammed the taxpayer.  Before the pandemic there was far too much wastage of taxpayer's money in the NHS and from councils all over the country.  Wastage is the biggest burden of taxpayer's money and has been so for decades under both Tory and Labour governments. Our country needs a government that will attack wastage in all areas of government expenditure with the number one target being the NHS.  Turning a blind eye to benefit scroungers which you clearly support will not help in the battle to stop taxpayer's money being wasted.

That figure  IS NOT exaggerated and it's an awful lot of money which you are quite happy to gloss over to defend this incompetent government.

That shows that it's actually your mindset  that's at fault and also bear in mind that we keep finding "criminals" inside the government too.

I do agree with your comments on wastage and that should be tackled  "AS WELL AS"  and not  "INSTEAD OF" the financial stupidity of government.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Only a chestnut if you did not lose anybody.   You seem to consider a loved one's death rather unimportant.   A very Tory attitude indeed.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Only a chestnut if you did not lose anybody.   You seem to consider a loved one's death rather unimportant.   A very Tory attitude indeed.

I lost two family members during the pandemic.

Just now, Axe said:

I lost two family members during the pandemic.

I'm very sorry to hear that.   You amaze me with your lack of upset,  understanding and care.    Again,  a very Tory trait  -  they are well known for it  "Bodies piled high"  and all that.

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I'm very sorry to hear that.   You amaze me with your lack of upset,  understanding and care.    Again,  a very Tory trait  -  they are well known for it  "Bodies piled high"  and all that.

I just do not do faux outrage.

The Bodies piled high comment has been taken out of context. It is a disgrace that private discussions are now in the public domain. 

38 minutes ago, Axe said:

You Know I Am Right ,Stop  Fighting A Very Lost Cause The man will go down the worst prim minister ever, Please don’t come with that one, a labour prim minister  hang up your boots