The Conservative Party - Part Two.

8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Not many women in the cabinet and it looks like there are zero non white people in the cabinet.

Relevance, please?

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

The relevance is tinfoilout keeps banging on about the Tories being racist when the current Tory government have given more cabinet positions to non white people than any other party in government. 

OK

Just now, West 77 said:

If you like. I'd expect the numbers of women and non white people to be roughly the same.

Yeah, cos it was 1997. Middle aged white men in the main. I do recall the horribly named "Blairs babes" so he did have a few women in the cabinet.

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Labour party also adopted only women shortlists for candidates in general elections which I don't support. I'm against what they call positive discrimination . I believe the women and non white people given cabinet positions in the current Tory government's cabinet are there on merit and for no other reasons.  

Priti Patel, Gavin Williamson, Nadine Dorries and Matt Hacock in the cabinet based on merit?

Edited by Mister M

Guest sibon
12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Labour party also adopted only women shortlists for candidates in general elections which I don't support. I'm against what they call positive discrimination . I believe the women and non white people given cabinet positions in the current Tory government's cabinet are there on merit and for no other reasons.  

I’m not sure that Pritti Patel is there on merit. The Tories do seem to make a better job of promoting  women and BAME though.

Let’s not pretend that the rank and file are not racist. There are some pretty revolting examples here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_UK_Conservative_Party

Edited by sibon

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Priti Patel, Gavin Williamson, Nadine Dorries and Matt Hacock in the cabinet based on merit?

By selecting members of the B team, Boris helps to ensure loyalty. If a cabinet member could not get a job under an alternative PM then they are likely to want to hang on to Boris.

Wow, the stereotyping and name calling is rife on here , especially from the losing side . If it was the other way round we would hear the loud  roar of "Gammon" being shouted back .

Guest sibon
30 minutes ago, West 77 said:

What other reasons could there be?.  

I’ve no idea why Patel, Dorries or Williamson are anywhere near government.  

Patel is a bully, Dorries is thick and I wouldn’t leave Williamson in charge of an ice cream van. 

What they all have in common is that they are all too stupid to pose a threat to Johnson.

5 minutes ago, sibon said:

Patel is a bully, Dorries is thick and I wouldn’t leave Williamson in charge of an ice cream van. 

What they all have in common is that they are all too stupid to pose a threat to Johnson.

Now you know how everyone else felt about the prospect of Diane Abacus being home secretary

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

What they all have in common is ,they are all in government . Whereas your chosen few are not .

Guest sibon
Just now, hackey lad said:

What they all have in common is ,they are all in government . Whereas your chosen few are not .

Sadly, you are correct.

If they are the best that the Tories have to offer, we are in real trouble.

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:
43 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

By selecting members of the B team, Boris helps to ensure loyalty. If a cabinet member could not get a job under an alternative PM then they are likely to want to hang on to Boris.

Three out the four had jobs in the cabinet when Theresa May was PM.

She was obviously using the same method.