The Conservative Party - Part Two.

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What was clever about it?

It meant that the church capacity was limited to 30 guests only because of covid rules so no one else could have attended the ceremony. The press and public were excluded. In normal circumstances and after lockdown church ceremonies will again revert to normal operation and be open to anyone who wishes to attend...

Edited by apelike

1 minute ago, apelike said:

It meant that the church capacity was limited to 30 guests only because of covid rules so no one else could have attended the ceremony. In normal circumstances and after lockdown church ceremonies will again revert to normal operation and be open to anyone who wishes to attend.

Still, it's a shame that only 30 guests could attend.

I'm sure lots more guests would've meant lots more wedding gifts for the happy couple, to get their pad up to habitable standards. Seeing as the groom is strapped for cash.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Still, it's a shame that only 30 guests could attend.

I'm sure lots more guests would've meant lots more wedding gifts for the happy couple, to get their pad up to habitable standards. Seeing as the groom is strapped for cash.

I'm sure Tory donors will wish them well and provide plenty!

33 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And now we are building a new, shiney boat. 

BBC News - Plans for new national flagship to promote 'best of British'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57293882

What a waste of money.

Surely the simple answer wouebe to ask Nicola, Queen of Scots to hand Britannia back & give it a quick & cheaper re-fit?  If we actually need a boat, in this day & age? 

I can't think of many other nations where there seems to be an urgency to sign business deals on a boat? 

Edited by Baron99

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

And now we are building a new, shiney boat. 

BBC News - Plans for new national flagship to promote 'best of British'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57293882

What a waste of money.

"What's the best that Britain can manage?"

"This boat"

"Right"

I don't suppose Cummings was invited.........    And did he cross his fingers when saying "I do"? 

But now she's got the ring on she will be unstoppable!

Presents from the John Lewis list, presumably.  🙂

7 hours ago, Mister M said:

It's almost as if the Tory years of austerity never happened!

I remember call after call to radio stations from the public throughout those lean years quoting what they'd read in their right wing rags about the  need for fiscal prudence, reducing the role of the state, and giving stern lectures about government scroungers

I look forward to the same people ringing up radio stations tub thumping about the need for government spending, especially in so called 'red wall' seats.

Well Boris is long known for wasting money. Water cannons anybody?

Guest sibon
27 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Well Boris is long known for wasting money. Water cannons anybody?

Spaffs  it up the wall

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, West 77 said:

That was Theresa May's fault the money was wasted because she was home secretary at the time and refused to allow them to be used on the mainland.  There is clearly a need for water cannons which is proved by the regular lawless mobs who riot on the streets especially in London.  

Come on now. You can do better than this.

If you really want to trigger people you’ll need more than just water cannon. For your next foray, may I suggest that you champion electric cattle prods and detention without trial.

You just can’t get the trolls these days.

Are we sure Boris has just remarried? So far as I can tell its only No10 that is saying so. If you're interested in this news item you may be wise to wait on a reliable source for confirmation.

3 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Are we sure Boris has just remarried? So far as I can tell its only No10 that is saying so. If you're interested in this news item you may be wise to wait on a reliable source for confirmation.

BBC News website any good?