The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Guest sibon
17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Where is the racism there ?

What here?

24 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What, no evidence that he likened Muslim women to letter boxes, or called black people 'flag waving picaninnies with water melon smiles'?

Very carefully hidden in plain sight.

The first one is descriptive , the second one uses words that black people use .

27 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Always thought 'The Huff' was a comic?

Yes and it aspires to be a serious newspaper, just like the Daily Express :roll:

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The first one is descriptive , the second one uses words that black people use .

Black people - rightly or wrongly - use the n word with each other. Why don't you try it and report back.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Black people - rightly or wrongly - use the n word with each other. Why don't you try it and report back.

If he had used the n word , then he would have been in trouble.  I was expecting that comment . 

Have you called any black people pickaninnies, or Muslim women letterboxes, Hackey?

The black people  I know are now adults . As for Muslim women , I dont think I know any but that is not the point . If  I see an overweight black person or Muslim and say he looks like a beachball , is that racist ?

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

The black people  I know are now adults . As for Muslim women , I dont think I know any but that is not the point . If  I see an overweight black person or Muslim and say he looks like a beachball , is that racist ?

I’m not sure I follow your logic.

In fact, I’m not sure you have any logic.

Johnson’s statements are clearly racist. Trying to use different offensive statements to indulge in  whataboutism doesn’t really make for a compelling, or a coherent argument.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No but it would be rude.

Why do you feel the need to question what people find offensive? Can't you take it from the people it's directed towards that it's not fair to make racial or religious taunts?

Yes it would be rude but not racist and thats what started our conversation .

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes it would be rude but not racist and thats what started our conversation .

And 'pickaninny' the word Johnson used to describe black people is racist.

Have a read of link I posted in#1658

Edited by Mister M

I read the link and the people interviewed  found it a racist term . I know white women/men  with mixed race children who refer to them as piccaninnies or ninnies . Are they racist ?