The Conservative Party - Part Two.

39 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Perhaps West77 would like to pay Johnson's debts, seeing how he's such a fanboy of the dear leader

I only pay my own debts, Mister Gee.

I suspect it could very well be a publicity stunt.

A Downing Street spokesperson said the claim against the PM was without merit.

"An application will be made for an order to set aside the default judgment, to strike out the claim and for a declaration that the claim is totally without merit," the spokesperson added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57087274

1 hour ago, sibon said:

It’s a court verdict. You seem keen to stick up for the bloke. Maybe the PM should pay his debts.

I haven't  stuck up for him. I've just behaved rational as like everyone else here I don't know the facts.

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

But if they voted conservatives, their motives aren't important. They must have known what they voted for.

But thankyou for your "input".

Oh come on, even you must realise there's some people out there who'd vote for a 3 legged Horse if it wore the colours of the Tories :D 

40 minutes ago, sibon said:

The claim exists. The CCJ is all you need for evidence. You need to take off those blue specs.

I see that “Downing Street” say that he’s going to try to over turn it. Maybe he should have submitted evidence first time round.

I doubt if he knew anything about it until the media got involved and highlighted it.

The only way I found out about the one against me is after I moved and applied for a bank account for pension payments. The bank account was granted but I then had debt collectors harassing me for a £300 debt from a barclays account which I have never had. Come to think of it I also had one 2 years ago from ebay which was sorted out over the phone.

40 minutes ago, sibon said:

Its nothing to do with “Downing Street” anyway. The CCJ is against Johnson personally.

Who can also deputise someone to appeal on his behalf.

52 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I only pay my own debts, Mister Gee.

I suspect it could very well be a publicity stunt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57087274

I haven't  stuck up for him. I've just behaved rational as like everyone else here I don't know the facts.

Why do you insist on calling me by another Forummer's username? Projection?

Turns out the debt is a claim by someone named Yvonne Hobbs who sounds like a Covid conspiracy loon who has also claimed debts against various other MPs as well as M&S and the Royal Mail. How it got to the CCJ stage is beyond me.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Turns out the debt is a claim by someone named Yvonne Hobbs who sounds like a Covid conspiracy loon who has also claimed debts against various other MPs as well as M&S and the Royal Mail. How it got to the CCJ stage is beyond me.

I suspected it was summat like that, but others on here will no doubt maintain she has 'a valid claim' - somehow.🤪

Would be 'interesting' to see what the claim was in relation to, as well.

Further edit: noticed the 'story' has 'disappeared' from the BBC front page, as well. 😀

Edited by RollingJ
Added text.

It's a shame more information about the alleged debt has been made public so soon because I was enjoying watching the anti Boris brigade making fools of themselves  again. 

AND they have gone VERY quiet. :wink:

It’s interesting that we’ve a bunch of people who were sceptical yesterday, based upon “lack of evidence”. Those same people seem to be happy to accept a similar lack of evidence, in the opposite direction  today, because it suits their agenda.

Hypocrites? I think so.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

It’s interesting that we’ve a bunch of people who were sceptical yesterday, based upon “lack of evidence”. Those same people seem to be happy to accept a similar lack of evidence, in the opposite direction  today, because it suits their agenda.

Hypocrites? I think so.

Just out of curiosity - have you seen the latest BBC news report on the matter? Seems like another loon was 'trying it on' and the online system failed to spot it wasn't a valid claim.

57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's a shame more information about the alleged debt has been made public so soon because I was enjoying watching the anti Boris brigade making fools of themselves  again. 

Angela Rayner really laid into him yesterday on Twitter about this.   Mind you, most of her rants are clutching at straws at the best of times.  Corbyn and Starmer might be doing a good job at keeping the Tories in power but she needs to be commended for her role too.

2 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Angela Rayner really laid into him yesterday on Twitter about this.   Mind you, most of her rants are clutching at straws at the best of times.  Corbyn and Starmer might be doing a good job at keeping the Tories in power but she needs to be commended for her role too.

Quite! 🤣