The Conservative Party - Part Two.

38 minutes ago, sibon said:

Has he got that CCJ done?

Imagine being so rubbish at life that, despite having a vast income, you can’t pay a £500 bill in time. Then imagine that that incompetent person is in charge of the nation.

I read my first Jeeves and Wooster recently. My verdict was that it would have been funnier if Wooster wasn't running the country.

Guest sibon
11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Why are you asking me?  The alleged debt has nothing to do with me.  Does he owe you any money?

Have you not thought it could be just someone trying to do a publicity stunt?    It's just more old washerwoman gossip.

It’s a court verdict. You seem keen to stick up for the bloke. Maybe the PM should pay his debts.

8 minutes ago, sibon said:

It’s a court verdict. You seem keen to stick up for the bloke. Maybe the PM should pay his debts.

Court verdicts can be cancelled (set aside) if they are challenged and there is good reason. As yet the person/organisation or company is not known or what the alleged debt is actually for so it could well be bogus and just a publicity stunt.

I had a false court debt judgement against me several years ago and it eventually transpired that the debt was by someone else who had used my name and address in the details.

Edited by apelike

17 minutes ago, apelike said:

Court verdicts can be cancelled (set aside) if they are challenged and there is good reason. As yet the person/organisation or company is not known or what the alleged debt is actually for so it could well be bogus and just a publicity stunt.

I had a false court debt judgement against me several years ago and it eventually transpired that the debt was by someone else who had used my name and address in the details.

Do you think this is a publicity stunt?

I'm not saying he should pay out of his own money  - good Lord no, but he did have form as a motoring journalist of running up parking tickets at alarming rate for other people to pay. And now we all should!

Guest sibon
20 minutes ago, apelike said:

I suppose it could be Theresa May’s debt.

Or Cameron’s. But he had ways of financing debts.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you think this is a publicity stunt?

I'm not saying he should pay out of his own money  - good Lord no, but he did have form as a motoring journalist of running up parking tickets at alarming rate for other people to pay. And now we all should!

An amazing lack of detail - which should be in the public realm - makes me wonder how genuine it is, for sure.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

An amazing lack of detail - which should be in the public realm - makes me wonder how genuine it is, for sure.

Who cares? 

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Who cares? 

Those of us not walking round waving red flags? (And I don't mean the ones they had in front of motor vehicles in the past.)

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There is plenty of detail out there to show that the PM is untrustworthy, devious, duplicitous and generally amoral.

So, you’ll have to excuse me if I take this at face value unless and until he proves otherwise. 

Of course, he’s already had one chance to do just that.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

There is plenty of detail out there to show that the PM is untrustworthy, devious, duplicitous and generally amoral.

So, you’ll have to excuse me if I take this at face value unless and until he proves otherwise. 

Of course, he’s already had one chance to do just that.

But is there any proof that this specific claim is valid - if it actually exists? I'll consider forgiving you if it is proved valid.

52 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Why are you asking me?  The alleged debt has nothing to do with me.  Does he owe you any money?

Have you not thought it could be just someone trying to do a publicity stunt?    It's just more old washerwoman gossip.

40 minutes ago, sibon said:

Perhaps West77 would like to pay Johnson's debts, seeing how he's such a fanboy of the dear leader

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Those of us not walking round waving red flags? (And I don't mean the ones they had in front of motor vehicles in the past.)

Exactly. He just needs to get it cancelled or get somebody else to pay for it. Simples.