The Conservative Party - Part Two.

27 minutes ago, sibon said:

I think you under-estimate the public.

The honesty and integrity of the Primr Minister is quite an important thing.

I don't think so and neither does the latest survey of daily questions on YouGov either.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2021/04/27/fb908/1

Just to add...

I think a great deal of the public are now getting very bored with the constant "lets get Boris" campaign in the media.

Edited by apelike

Guest sibon
26 minutes ago, apelike said:

I don't think so and neither does the latest survey of daily questions on YouGov either.

Just to add...

I think a great deal of the public are now getting very bored with the constant "lets get Boris" campaign in the media.

I know that all you hardcore Tories would like to dismiss this as tittle tattle, but it isn’t. Anyone dismissing this stuff as a “get Boris” campaign needs to think a little harder.

These are fundamental questions about the integrity of our government. The PM is a liar, we all know that. If he’s also taking backhanders, we need to know that too.

Hes really not fit to govern or to represent us on the international stage.

17 minutes ago, sibon said:

I know that all you hardcore Tories would like to dismiss this as tittle tattle, but it isn’t. Anyone dismissing this stuff as a “get Boris” campaign needs to think a little harder.

These are fundamental questions about the integrity of our government. The PM is a liar, we all know that. If he’s also taking backhanders, we need to know that too.

Yeah, but the electorate knew he was a liar when they voted him in. The electoral commission investigation won't sink him.

That said, the hartlepool by election result might be interesting.

Thing is, I've never been Boris's biggest fan, on the contrary I call him "BoJo the Clown", but I do respect he's had a VERY hard job during all the lockdowns (and there'll probably be another one at some point despite him saying there won't)

I just don't support the Tories in general because of their shameful record on disability, and the deaths that have happened at the behest of the Tory controlled DWP when they declare people who clearly aren't, "fit to work", and sanction the stuffing out of them, and then with no financial support from the government these people take the ULTIMATE way out! Yep, the government has innocent blood on its hands IMO.

Like in 2015 they declared me unfit to work even though I've been doing voluntary work for Donkey's years so IMO I could work in some capacity, just not 50 hours a week for almost no money after the Taxman's had his share.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Just to add...

You are obviously Johnson’s target audience.

Whatever the suggestions and accusations are emanate from his own former special adviser and cannot be swept conveniently aside as he would like.

If Johnson has not transgressed or lied then a simple rebuttal backed with facts would answer the questions posed by Starmer and others.

There would be no need for investigations by the Electoral Commision,or need to deflect from the greater issues of government.

At the moment it seems to be a case of “Oh what a tangled web we weave” etc which ironically was also the case with the Cummings episode.

These things do not just go away.

53 minutes ago, sibon said:

Two points on that.

1: I am not a harcore Tory but a floating voter.

2: As for the "get Boris" campaign I will let the polls and the public surveys speak for themselves as the general public are simply not really bothered and it's the media that is.

I don't think many of the people in current UK politics are without a stain on their character whether its lying, taking backhanders, fiddling expenses or just being paid to go on holiday by some sponsor.

And yet he still does do both and the voters are not up in arms about it. The voters will get a chance to vote on the Conservatives in a future GE and the general membership of the party can vote him out and put another leader in so we will see what happens then. I predict the Conservative will get another term with an even higher majority.  BTW I got one prediction wrong in the past as I had previously said he would be out by January after the Brexit deadline was up.... Oh well.... :)

As the majority of people vote mainly for a party rather than a leader of the party I can also see a further term for the Conservatives.

Whether Johnson will be toppled by his current and ex colleagues is another question.

24 minutes ago, RJRB said:

You are obviously Johnson’s target audience.

See above. :)

Whatever the suggestions and accusations are emanate from his own former special adviser and cannot be swept conveniently aside as he would like.

If Johnson has not transgressed or lied then a simple rebuttal backed with facts would answer the questions posed by Starmer and others.

You should already know that it just does not work that way.

There would be no need for investigations by the Electoral Commision,or need to deflect from the greater issues of government.

Let's not forget some of the other Electoral Commissions other investigations over the past several years regarding Brexit that ended up being dropped for insufficient evidence of any crime being committed.

At the moment it seems to be a case of “Oh what a tangled web we weave” etc which ironically was also the case with the Cummings episode.

These things do not just go away.

But they do, how many people are now concerned by the Cummings fiasco lockdown trip or whether Vote leave broke electoral law.

Edited by apelike

Just now, RJRB said:

As the majority of people vote mainly for a party rather than a leader of the party I can also see a further term for the Conservatives.

Whether Johnson will be toppled by his current and ex colleagues is another question.

Quite possibly, but that is the normal Ya-boo politics of today, even though his replacement may be even more disliked by many. No Party leaders - of any colour - can rest easy these days knowing they have the unquestioning support of those around them.

Well ........ watching Boris in Parliament today,  he absolutely slaughtered Starmer.

1 minute ago, francypants said:

Well ........ watching Boris in Parliament today,  he absolutely slaughtered Starmer.

I admire your choice of day-time TV - although if I watched any, which I don't, I'd prefer CBeebies. 😂

5 minutes ago, apelike said:

See above. :)

You should already know that it just does not work that way.

Let's not forget some of the other Electoral Commissions other investigations over the past several years regarding Brexit that ended up being dropped for insufficient evidence of any crime being committed.

But they do, how many people are now concerned by the Cummings fiasco lockdown trip or whether Vote leave broke electoral law.

It doesn’t work that way when someone has something to hide.

Past transgressions invariably come back to haunt you .

The Cummings fiasco was part of the reason for him to be ousted,and Johnson’s failure to dispense with his services at the appropriate time has now led to the Cummings days of retribution.

I said that you were Johnson’s target audience by being prepared to overlook his “shortcomings”.

Some will,others won’t but being a floating voter,if that is what the smiley face refers to is irrelevant.Its just a moral issue.