The Conservative Party - Part Two.

28 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Loads. Difference is that when ministers were up to no good, they were sacked or resigned far more often. Same with Major's government. Not now.

But they aren't in charge. Boris and his mates are, with - up to now - the backing of the pressing the main.

I agree. The difference is also to the extent and frequency of wrong doings and in this the Tories take the crown, the clear winners when it comes to croneyism, lies and corruption.

In fact it is now so common in their ranks it is no longer considered news; people are almost to the point of accepting it with just a shrug of the shoulders.

But make no mistake, it is disgraceful and wrong.

11 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

No - we could go back even further, but that is pointless - I just thought Mr. Blairs' shenanigans were still fairly fresh in most peoples minds, considering the detrimental effects they had.

Surely we should look at the most recent detrimental activities and work backwards?

Like people lying? Or people supporting proven bullies? Or like people with overtly racist opinions? Or like people with proven sexist stances? Or like people who are blatant cheats?

And then ask ourselves, if a football fan had referred to anyone or acted in the way that BoJo has, they would have been banned for life from a football ground, and yet parliamentary privilege means that he gets away with it with no penalty.

Just proves that there is one rule for the Eton mess, one for the rest!

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Surely we should look at the most recent detrimental activities and work backwards?

Like people lying? Or people supporting proven bullies? Or like people with overtly racist opinions? Or like people with proven sexist stances? Or like people who are blatant cheats?

And then ask ourselves, if a football fan had referred to anyone or acted in the way that BoJo has, they would have been banned for life from a football ground, and yet parliamentary privilege means that he gets away with it with no penalty.

Just proves that there is one rule for the Eton mess, one for the rest!

My bold. 

And we could just as well direct similar allegations towards a certain Mr J Corbyn? 

Edited by Baron99

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

And we could just as well direct similar allegations towards a certain Mr J Corbyn? 

Absolutely - glad we are in agreement.

They both should have been out of office.

So from that I guess you'll not be voting Conservative in the May elections, or do you mandate this type of behaviour?

Lets face it , the people on here going after Johnson for what he May have said or  how he May have funded the decorating of the flat  are really going after Johnson for one reason , he  is a Tory .

12 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Absolutely - glad we are in agreement.

They both should have been out of office.

So from that I guess you'll not be voting Conservative in the May elections, or do you mandate this type of behaviour?

Well we're voting in local elections so I'll be voting for someone who might actually promise to keep the drains unblocked. 

However, in the last General Election, I had no problem voting Conservative, even though they didn't get in in my constituency but, & I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, I guess you had no problem voting for a Labour Party that was rife with anti-Semites supporters / members & a leader who not only failed to deal with them but seemingly sided with them?

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Actually, @PRESLEY, re-reading that post shows a distinct lack of respect to a forum member, but as I'm used to his bad manners, I'l just treat it with the contempt it deserves. 😂

Sorry, I just thought  the term Fag was funny seeing has I havn't seen it being used since Tom Browns Schooldays.  :hihi:

20 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Lets face it , the people on here going after Johnson for what he May have said or  how he May have funded the decorating of the flat  are really going after Johnson for one reason , he  is a Tory .

Exactly.  From what I understand, whatever was said and we still have no concrete evidence as yet, (although Robert Peston hinted that he was going to reveal his sources today.  Funny way for him to end his journalism career!), was said in a private meeting. 

Think how many times you & I might have been in a similar situation with supposedly people you can trust & views become forthright, personal, often strong opinions often take over in the spur of the moment & dare I say, a bit of machismo might kick in.  However, it's not what's been said but what actions eventually come out of such meetings. 

Think about it & we'll all have been guilty of this one, how many times has someone rubbed you up the wrong way & our immediate reaction is; "I'm going to kill you!".   99.9% of us never carry out such actions. 

What I find strange is if Johnson has allegedly said what he's supposed to have said, this was back last November.  Therefore, someone has sat on this allegation for the best part of 6 months, clearly to be released & used for their own agenda when they believed the time was right.   Therefore, let's not run away with the idea that someone is releasing the current snippets in the best interests of the country but rather for their own agenda,. 

Just now, PRESLEY said:

Sorry, I just thought  the term Fag was funny seeing has I havn't seen it being used since Tom Browns Schooldays.  :hihi:

OK, get your point - sorry I misinterpreted the post. Must admit it seemed a bit antique. :wink:

7 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

It's a good job we're not posting comments on the old Sheffield Star's website.  It certainly wouldn't have allowed that to be posted, their filters would have deemed it offensive. 

The problems I had trying to comment on a related story one time when I wanted to mention Penistone.  😊

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Please don't take me down to that level. No, he's a liar, a bit corrupt and surrounded by a cabinet that are much the same.

But, yeah, boo hiss its because he's a tory. Cos politics is just like football!

Misspost - apologies

Edited by Longcol