The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’ve posted the evidence earlier in the thread. All we’ve had from you is some half remembered stuff and a second hand report of an unspecified radio programme.

Tory membership checks are notoriously lax,  I’m not even sure if you have to prove that you are a UK National to join, so who knows who else is lurking in their ranks.

And these are the people who will choose our next PM

How many got to choose when Brown took over from Blair?  

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No voters were misled. If a voter wanted everything to stay the same then they had the option to vote to remain in the EU.  Brexit would have been carried out much better, if all the politicians and media had respected the democratic choice the British electorate made and united behind that democratic choice.

When I said misleading the voters I refer to being told there would be no border between the UK and N.Ireland for example.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

No voters were misled. If a voter wanted everything to stay the same then they had the option to vote to remain in the EU.  Brexit would have been carried out much better, if all the politicians and media had respected the democratic choice the British electorate made and united behind that democratic choice.

Yes they were. A whole lot of voters were totally misled by Boris and his big red bus etc. This was before it was common knowledge what a liar and charlaten he is. 

Besides we're fed up with the choice always being between the Devil and the deep blue sea: the devil you know; the lesser of two evils etc etc. 

We're sick and tired of Hobson's choice. We want real change and a fair system that represents the majority of the people.

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Passports were still needed to travel to France before Brexit.  The truth is it's been the biggest few days for years for travellers using the Dover route to get to France and not enough staff have been employed by the French to deal with the situation.  Travel numbers are higher than pre covid which wasn't expected to happen so soon.  Another fact is the French have even more of a chip on their shoulder because of Brexit and are happy to cause disruption.

Deluded.

If Liz Truss becomes PM , will she be home in time to cook her husbands tea ?

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Passports were still needed to travel to France before Brexit. 

Wrong - Technically a drivers license would have sufficed.

Democracy would have been served if the spineless Tory Cameron had put in an "Are you sure?" clause. like the Republic of Ireland did, giving a 6 month period for reflection. But he (and the Tory party) didn't have the spine to do that, because (as always) they wanted to secure the next election - short term opportunism (for the Tories) as opposed to long term stability for the UK. And this is what we see with Lisp Truss - promises of cake today and cake tomorrow without any substance behind it.

The Tories have sold the UK down the river, the electorate down the river and will be the cause of the break up of the UK.

Brexiteers have a large responsibility for that, although the accountability is with Cameron.

8 hours ago, Mister M said:

He got the big important decisions correct."

He has NOT Brexit done, in the way in which he lied it would benefit our country.

Lockdown, PPE, telling the truth...big calls on which he failed, totally.

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Really?  Links to stories from 3 & 4 years ago?

Distinctly remember such stories being banded about at the time & then quickly squashed when the Tories quickly put in place something along the lines that to be eligible for any vote on the Party leader, you had to have been a Tory member for at least 12 months previously. 

Unlike of course, the enormous increase in membership to the Labour Party by the hard far Left supporters, the which resulted in Corbyn & the biggest defeat in Parliamentary history. 

Corbyn lost lots off votes for not looking the part .  Blair fell for bbc , news papers hounding him asking him when he was going , brown had no chance with public , that put the cap on it when filmed calling woman a bigat  liberal s fell for conservative s  did they really think conservatives would go hand in hand with them ,  .  D u p are also having them selves on ,  and Johnson I am not going in to him ,  and now it’s  well I will say no more , I have never known  anything  as bad as this country is in now ,  but what do I know only being a ordinary man  who  lived  in a country I would never have left , but if I were younger I would  go now.. 

• Thanks 1

To which place would you go?

Every Country has it’s problems .  The world is short of  of leaders with real vision , it seems to me that tackling immediate political problems at home  or lining their pockets is what most politicians are doing.

I have to give credit to Sunak who really doesn’t need to take on the unenviable job of PM. 
Wether he is capable is a whole different matter.

2 hours ago, Thorpist said:

To which place would you go?

Every Country has it’s problems .  The world is short of  of leaders with real vision , it seems to me that tackling immediate political problems at home  or lining their pockets is what most politicians are doing.

I have to give credit to Sunak who really doesn’t need to take on the unenviable job of PM. 
Wether he is capable is a whole different matter.

Capability is in the eye of the beholder, generally in tandem with their own blinkered political beliefs, be it far left or far right, so not an issue.