The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

Jesus this just gets worse, welcome to the first of the shows! Now we seem to be going down the US TV debate route which is just stupid especially as the general public don't get a say anyway!

Very glad I didn't and couldn't watch the testicle spectacle.

I agree it was a horror show.

But how else do you suggest the public get to know the calibre (or otherwise) of the people who propose to rule over us? 

Edited by Anna B

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I agree it was a horror show,

but how else do you suggest the public get to know the calibre (or otherwise) of the people who propose to rule over us? 

You don’t need to Anna.

You don’t get a choice in this.

That’s democracy for you. It’s a trick that the Tories play over and over again. 

Just now, sibon said:

You don’t need to Anna.

You don’t get a choice in this.

That’s democracy for you. It’s a trick that the Tories play over and over again. 

No, we don't get a choice in this, but I still think it's important to see the character and quality of the person who is to lead the Party and become our next prime minister. 

However you're quite right that our 'Democracy' is just one big con trick.

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Hi Hacks.

Thanks for your contribution.

Maybe next time, you could rack it up to four letters. 

I wish you well in your quest for self improvement.

Six letters there . Remember ,  you are seeing the contest for the last ever conservative Prime Minister 😀

43 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No, we don't get a choice in this, but I still think it's important to see the character and quality of the person who is to lead the Party and become our next prime minister. 

However you're quite right that our 'Democracy' is just one big con trick.

Boo hoo 

The Conservative party should have arranged and paid for the debate and the media could then play the highlights on their news programmes. 
The majority of the public have no input on who leads the party so in effect it’s a programme for card holding Conservatives.

The winner has a couple of years (if they last that long) before the people can have a say on who governs.

Guest sibon
6 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Six letters there  😀

Three.

Then you repeated yourself..

I.M.H.O party leadership and head of the government are two different positions, it should never be at the behest of party membership to dictate who runs the country. I suppose a presidential system would make this a lot easier, but we’re where we are.

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

If I had to choose I think Tugendhat and Kemi Badenoch came across as edging ahead, mainly because of their disassociation with the previous crew. 

That was my conclusion with Tugenhat my favourite.

• Sad 1

Superficial I know but  in that tv debate it was only Rishi Sunak and Penny Mordaunt who looked and sounded Prime ministerial. 

34 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Superficial I know but  in that tv debate it was only Rishi Sunak and Penny Mordaunt who looked and sounded Prime ministerial. 

Bojo would have walked it, if he wasn’t Bojo that is. 😉

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Mmm that was lovely. Anyway just seen news and showed a bit of tonight’s debate . My Lord , Liz Truss is really channeling her inner Thatch 

Right down to the pussy bow ;)

Liz Truss wears 'identical' outfit to Margaret Thatcher at Tory debate |  Metro News

Who ever wins this sham, their term will only be for a couple of years, on saying that look at the Damage Boris did in his short time.  :gag: