The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

There is no doubt there has been a witch hunt against Boris because he implemented Brexit.

You nor anyone else know this

There is no doubt there has been a witch hunt against Boris because he implemented Brexit.

He's the victim in all of this.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The Tory party are incredibly ruthless. All they care about is power.

They put Boris in charge, flaws and all, because they knew he'd be popular and win the election for them which he did. They knew exactly what sort of man he was, but didn't care.

As soon as his flaws became a liability they dumped him. They'll soon find out he was a hard act to follow. 

Boris will be fine. He'll make a fortune writing books and on the after dinner circuit. Probably a few dodgy deals thrown in too. A life he was born to.

I'll pay him the greatest compliment I can muster: I wish we had someone like him leading the Labour party - minus the pathalogical lying, and with a modicum of integrity of course, but with energy, optimism and verve to spare. I'd also like to think that along the way he's learnt that a few rules do count, and that people matter. What a pity that he doesn't bat for our team.

Good luck Boris. 

Totally agree apart from the last paragraph

Always said his Cabinet were a revolting crew, and this morning proved it.  Trouble is, the most revolting one is still there: single brain cell Dorries.

1 minute ago, steved32 said:

Always said his Cabinet were a revolting crew, and this morning proved it.  Trouble is, the most revolting one is still there: single brain cell Dorries.

I'd put Mogg beneath Dorries in that pecking order.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

<…>

Here is to hoping the 1922 Committee acts promptly.

Should it not, and chicken out in the hope that Starmer daren’t trigger a VoNC in HoC, hopefully you’ll have gained an understanding that the party and people whom you’ve been cheerleading on here for years, are a lowly but particularly virulent and resistant species of  cryptofascist chumocrats.

So, the 1922 Committee is chickening out already-

-ball in Starmer’s camp, then.

You're writing nonsense.  Both David Cameron and Theresa May continued as prime minister until a new Tory leader was appointed. It was only then that they went to Buckingham Palace to resign as Prime Minister.  The only reason why it's being discussed about Dominic Raab becoming interim Prime Minister is because it's an unprecedented situation with the number of resignations from ministerial roles over the last two days.

May lost about as many Ministers over not much longer a period:

A Tory party spokesperson who was on the committee that chose Boris as leader, admitted on TV this morning. it was because they were frightened of the surge in Corbyn support and knew only charismatic Boris could beat him, especially if they made it all about Brexit. That and the support of the media got Boris into the top job.

Nice bit of manipulation by the Tory party. Nothing to do with policy.

Never trust a Tory...

Edited by Anna B

If anyone is interested Jonathan Pie has posted a video on YouTube regarding Boris's resignation called Bye Bye Boris. If easily offended by bad language please don't watch.🤣

If Starmer had been Labour leader instead of Corbyn, Johnson would not have stood a chance of PM.

3 minutes ago, iansheff said:

If anyone is interested Jonathan Pie has posted a video on YouTube regarding Boris's resignation called Bye Bye Boris. If easily offended by bad language please don't watch.🤣

Strangely I looked for his videos last night and he'd not posted one for 2 months.

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

A Tory party spokesperson who was on the committee that chose Boris as leader, admitted on TV this morning. it was because they were frightened of the surge in Corbyn support and knew only charismatic Boris could beat him, especially if they made it all about Brexit. That and the support of the media got Boris into the top job.

Nice bit of manipulation by the Tory party. Nothing to do with policy.

Never trust a Tory...

Cool story.

Boris was elected in a Leadership contest in 2019 though.

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Strangely I looked for his videos last night and he'd not posted one for 2 months.

Yes I said to a mate the other day he had been quiet and not posted any for ages even on FB, sometimes he posts them on FB but not Youtube.