The Conservative Party - Part Two.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

There's more chance that Boris will still be in Downing Street at the beginning of the 2030's than Larry the cat.

There’s more chance that Larry the cat will still be in Downing Street at the beginning of 2023 than Johnson. The only way he'll be in Downing Street in the 2030’s is if they put his ashes on the mantelpiece. Better get than oven ready.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Carry on dreaming.  These are the best of times for the anti Tory / anti Boris mob to dream.  It's a bit like supporters of lowly football teams dreaming of winning the league or getting promotion weeks before the season starts before a ball has been kicked.

Yawn

50 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

There’s more chance that Larry the cat will still be in Downing Street at the beginning of 2023 than Johnson. The only way he'll be in Downing Street in the 2030’s is if they put his ashes on the mantelpiece. Better get than oven ready.

I doubt it as he is 15 now born Jan 2007 and it's not often they live beyond 16. Sadly I had to have mine put down on Friday and he was 16.

46 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Carry on dreaming.  These are the best of times for the anti Tory / anti Boris mob to dream.  It's a bit like supporters of lowly football teams dreaming of winning the league or getting promotion weeks before the season starts before a ball has been kicked.

That analogy doesn't work.

This is where predicting and hoping get themselves mixed up, Bojo is on a low of his own self making, however I predict that he has sufficient support to climb out the hole that he has dug for himself because they know how to fight dirty. Hoping that I am wrong won’t make it so, Partygate was the prediction that demoted itself to hope and is now just a distant memory, Starmer needed to fight dirty but didn’t have it in him.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

What's Sheffield Wednesday fans got to do with this thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I doubt it as he is 15 now born Jan 2007 and it's not often they live beyond 16. Sadly I had to have mine put down on Friday and he was 16.

Every cat we've had has sailed past 20 years...

Edited by Litotes

31 minutes ago, crookesey said:

This is where predicting and hoping get themselves mixed up, Bojo is on a low of his own self making, however I predict that he has sufficient support to climb out the hole that he has dug for himself because they know how to fight dirty. Hoping that I am wrong won’t make it so, Partygate was the prediction that demoted itself to hope and is now just a distant memory, Starmer needed to fight dirty but didn’t have it in him.

I'd say most of that is true, but I'd also say Boris will dig another hole and another and another

Carrying on with the cat theme it seems the Tory Party are fighting like cats in a sack with up to 6 MPs reputing to be jumping ship.

https://archive.ph/UfYsC

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I'd say most of that is true, but I'd also say Boris will dig another hole and another and another

Is this a prediction or a hope?

Boris has done a great job. He carried out  Brexit and got us through covid. No reason he can't go on  another term.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

How about comparing the loser anti Tory / anti Boris mob to the Scotland football team supporters who dream about qualifying for the World cup?

They got really close this time and I bet some members of the Tartan army were even looking on a map to find out where Qatar is.  Even on the few occasions Scotland have qualified for World Cups they are always back home before the postcards. 

Nice little racist post that one...