The Conservative Party - Part Two.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

it wasnt a criticism fella, it was to make sure i understood what you meant.

My mistake thanks for putting me right 

• Like 1

Two Tory seats lost overnight, but still Boris takes no personal responsibility regarding his behaviour. He needs to go, but the man has no shame.

Mind you, I don't think anyone else in the Tory party would be able to drag the Tories out of the mire they've left us in.

Labour should be sailing ahead by now. People should be screaming for them to take over. The fact that they're not says a great deal about the sorry state of the opposition leader as well. 

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Two Tory seats lost overnight, but still Boris takes no personal responsibility regarding his behaviour. He needs to go, but the man has no shame.

Mind you, I don't think anyone else in the Tory party would be able to drag the Tories out of the mire they've left us in.

Labour should be sailing ahead by now. People should be screaming for them to take over. The fact that they're not says a great deal about the sorry state of the opposition leader as well. 

I think the Lib-Dems will make massive gains at the next election.

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

Haha w*nkers. Now all die.

Erudite post , no need for the swearing though

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Slight exaggeration. Only two constituencies voted yesterday out of 650. 

There was no incentive for Tory supporters to turn out to vote in two by elections caused due to the behaviour of two former Tory MPs.  I'm happy for the anti Tory mob that they have something to celebrate.

Was it just about the behaviour of the 2 MPs? If it was then there could have been a recall election. It's more to do with Johnson's behaviour in lockdown. Their mismanagement of public services, Johnson's lying, the fact that nothing seems to be working, any number of reasons. This is Johnson's mess.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Was it just about the behaviour of the 2 MPs? If it was then there could have been a recall election. It's more to do with Johnson's behaviour in lockdown. Their mismanagement of public services, Johnson's lying, the fact that nothing seems to be working, any number of reasons. This is Johnson's mess.

Doubtful, on past by-electoral form:

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/elections-and-voting/by-elections/by-elections-2019/

26 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Hasnt Starmer already won more by-election seats from other parties than your beloved Jeremy did in 5 years?

50 minutes ago, West 77 said:

There's no point beating about the bush. The two ex Tory MPs  which caused the two by elections both had to resign for basically being perverts. It was unprecedented that two by elections took place on the same day for those reasons.    The Tories were never going to win either seat in the by elections.  Such circumstances are not going to happen again and the behaviour of the ex Tory MPs is not the fault of Boris.

Partygate and a lack of honesty and trust from Boris`s government is why people are voting for labour and Lib dems in protest. Democracy in action.

57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

There's no point beating about the bush. The two ex Tory MPs  which caused the two by elections both had to resign for basically being perverts. 

Spot on.  No matter who is in charge and however good and local the replacement candidates are, the Tories deserved to be punished.  If I had my way I would have barred a Tory from standing.  That might force all MPs to behave better.

21 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Was it just about the behaviour of the 2 MPs? If it was then there could have been a recall election. It's more to do with Johnson's behaviour in lockdown. Their mismanagement of public services, Johnson's lying, the fact that nothing seems to be working, any number of reasons. This is Johnson's mess

Also that Chesney lookalike, Oliver Dowden said in his resignation letter " Someone needs to take responsibility for this". I wonder who he was referring to?

Interesting figures in the elections in Wakefield:

2020:

Labour: 13,166

2019:
Labour: 17,925

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Partygate and a lack of honesty and trust from Boris`s government is why people are voting for labour and Lib dems in protest. Democracy in action.

Indeed it was. Unfortunately the turnout in Wakefield was abysmally low so is not much of a credit to Labour. LibDems did well though so credit to them.

• Like 2