The Conservative Party - Part Two.

On 13/06/2022 at 17:22, Slinny said:

Just a thought, I have been watching   The life and lies off boris Johnson . On u tube . Take a good look and form your own thoughts on the man who is running this country   Please don’t tell me their have been worse , 

The most telling comment, for me, is at 8:30.

Another 'ethics adviser' resigned today. Many individual people cannot stomach working for the current government and have resigned.

It appears that Conservatives do not 'do' collective responsibilty. . . .  until their own positions are threatened.

This time next week we could reach that point.

or

Will they all go down with a sinking ship? I very much doubt it.

Geidt's resignation letter really gets straight to the point:

... This week, however, I was tasked to offer a view about the government’s intention to consider measures which risk a deliberate and purposeful breach of the ministerial code. This request has placed me in an impossible and odious position. My informal response on Monday was that you and any other minister should justify openly your position vis-à-vis the code in such circumstances. However, the idea that a prime minister might to any degree be in the business of deliberately breaching his own code is an affront. A deliberate breach, or even an intention to do so, would be to suspend the provisions of the code to suit a political end. This would make a mockery not only of respect for the code but licence the suspension of its provisions in governing the conduct of Her Majesty’s ministers. I can have no part in this. ...

Looking forward to seeing the pretzeling, the what abouts, the squirming and the pishing integrity up the wall required to make this be just fine and dandy. 

Guest sibon
37 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Geidt's resignation letter really gets straight to the point:

Looking forward to seeing the pretzeling, the what abouts, the squirming and the pishing integrity up the wall required to make this be just fine and dandy. 

I’m expecting  Jennifer Dorries  to be appointed as Lord Geidt’s successor.

Just seen the ad for the post of PM's special adviser:

"Must be able to mislead, lie and  wear a high-viz jacket at every opportunity."

He'll soon have had more advisers than he's had wives and girlfriends.

What a stupid oaf!

Another one bites the dust. :headbang: :clap: its great,  :hihi:

16 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Just seen the ad for the post of PM's special adviser:

"Must be able to mislead, lie and  wear a high-viz jacket at every opportunity."

He'll soon have had more advisers than he's had wives and girlfriends.

What a stupid oaf!

Lord Geist has done the right thing ho w the hell does Johnson get away with all this and his record tell a tale , we have more trouble in this.country than we ever have had in my life times please read life and lies off Johnson on u tube .  What has he got to do so his own team will get shut off him ,, the labour leader may not be the best we have had but I am sure he could make a better job than this guy , or he would have a good try 

1 minute ago, Slinny said:

Lord Geist has done the right thing ho w the hell does Johnson get away with all this and his record tell a tale , we have more trouble in this.country than we ever have had in my life times please read life and lies off Johnson on u tube .  What has he got to do so his own team will get shut off him ,, the labour leader may not be the best we have had but I am sure he could make a better job than this guy , or he would have a good try 

**** takers feel free to know grammar

1 hour ago, Slinny said:

**** takers feel free to know grammar

Sorry about grammar but I never needed it in the type off work I did . But feel free to have a dig .just a point why when the guardian put things in like the one today  in about ex labour leader are they smudged out , this I have seen many times . 

35 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Sorry about grammar but I never needed it in the type off work I did . But feel free to have a dig .just a point why when the guardian put things in like the one today  in about ex labour leader are they smudged out , this I have seen many times . 

Chuck some Gobbo on em Slinny!

53 minutes ago, Padders said:

Chuck some Gobbo on em Slinny!

What on boris I think he’s enough muck on him now . , but it never sticks does it ,

6 minutes ago, Slinny said:

What on boris I think he’s enough muck on him now . , but it never sticks does it ,

Oh I don't know. That teflon coating people said he had at the beginning of his premiership has definitely worn off.

22 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Don’t give a monkey’s about advisors they come and go. The disheveled look is in this year

Judging from the news that I'm listening to, Lord Geidt was asked by Boris Johnson to sign off something that had to do with a trade deal relating to steel. It is thought that Lord Geidt considered what the PM wanted to do constituted a breach of the Ministerial Code. 

In effect Geidt felt he was being used a shield for Johnson and his Government to do what it wants.

It's doubtful whether there would be anyone serious to take up the role that Geidt has departed, given that both Sir Alex Allan & Lord Geidt have both resigned for the reasons that they did.

1 hour ago, Slinny said:

When you get into the sty with Boris the pig you’re going to get covered in bobbar, Lord Geidt is the latest to discover this. Most of the cabinet are sycophants but I reckon one or two are having their doubts and hopefully it won’t be long before we have a hog roast.