The Conservative Party - Part Two.

13 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Is that all politicians or just some ?

Not all, but it doesn't take many rotton apples to give the whole barrel a bad name.

Photo taken in the church after Johnson and Carrie are greeted with boos and jeers from the flag waving crowd:

286145245_10158429613156611_1878293267993561993_n.jpg

You don't have to be a body language expert to know what's going through his mind :nod:

1654341046470.png

😆

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Photo taken in the church after Johnson and Carrie are greeted with boos and jeers from the flag waving crowd:

286145245_10158429613156611_1878293267993561993_n.jpg

You don't have to be a body language expert to know what's going through his mind :nod:

1654341046470.png

😆

Looks pretty obvious to me . Hes  thinking " Oh my god  Ive  forgot t put lottery on " 😁

On 30/05/2022 at 21:27, Hecate said:

Johnson’s lurch to the right adds to momentum for leadership vote. Several Tory MPs believe the 54-letter threshold has been reached and that a challenge to PM could be mounted as soon as next week

It is understood that Sir Graham Brady, the chair of the 1922 Committee, will have to use his own judgment about whether to announce the milestone being passed straight away if it occurs while parliament is off this week, or wait until Monday, when the House of Commons returns after the Queen’s jubilee celebrations.

So Brady decided to wait.

I don't know what all the fuss is about really.  Everyone who voted for, supported or otherwise enabled Johnson who's ever paid even the tiniest bit of attention to him and his career knew that he's a lying, incompetent, cynical, sociopathic sack of crap, and so implicitly endorsed his behaviour when he continued to be a lying, incompetent, cynical, sociopathic sack of crap.  Can't complain when you knowingly let the snake in through the front door.

But anyway...

This amused me this morning:

He'll win the vote.  If he loses he'll refuse to go.  Be interesting to guess which of the cabal of contemptible grifters has been offered what to keep on licking his bloated arse and keep him in power.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Excellent news that the confidence vote is happening today and Boris can get back to concentrating on the proper job of running the country later today, 

On 30/05/2022 at 13:59, Mister M said:

Add Jeremy Wright today to that list, and Anne Marie Morris and Steve Brine yesterday of members of the PCP who want Johnson to go,

Former Tory Attorney General Jeremy Wright Calls For Boris Johnson To Resign | HuffPost UK Politics (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

On 30/05/2022 at 16:32, West 77 said:

That's the spirit. Keep the faith. It's a big shame Dominic Grieve, Rory Stewart and Anna Soubry aren't still Tory MPs then you would have another three names to add to your list.

Carry on dreaming.

Boris Johnson to face a confidence vote - I must be dreaming :hihi:

If the Tories don’t get rid then they’ve misjudged the public mood .

Johnson won’t win them another election; Brexit’s done and most of the electorate are fed up of the lying fool .

Time to move on 

5 minutes ago, atticus said:

If the Tories don’t get rid then they’ve misjudged the public mood .

Johnson won’t win them another election; Brexit’s done and most of the electorate are fed up of the lying fool .

Time to move on 

Only a couple of weeks ago back bench Tories were telling us that we couldn't possibly get rid of Boris because "there's a war in Ukraine"....

Now we learn that Johnson is going to face a confidence vote.

Nice to know that the PCP has its priorities right 😆

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Boris Johnson to face a confidence vote - I must be dreaming :hihi:

The letter from Jesse Norman is worth a read:

Norman says the government under Johnson lacks a “sense of mission” and that “sensible planning has been replaced by empty rhetoric”.

He says:

You are simply seeking to campaign, to keep changing the subject and to create political and cultural dividing lines mainly for your advantage, at a time when the economy is struggling, inflation is soaring and growth is anaemic at best.

Norman says the Sue Gray report revealed “a culture of casual law-breaking at 10 Downing Street in relation to Covid” and that it was “grotesque” for Johnson to claim he had been vindicated by it.

Norman says Johnson’s plan to abandon parts of the Northern Ireland protocol would “economically very damaging, politically foolhardy and almost certainly illegal”.

He says “no genuinely Conservative government” would have passed the ban on noisy protests in the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act.

He says Johnson is trying to implement in part “a presidential system of government that is entirely foreign to our constitution and law”.

Pound shop Trump it is then.

Very harsh words indeed, though it's telling, at best, that it took him fifteen years to form such an opinion.

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

That's the spirit. 

Carry on Dreaming.  You can dream for a few hours that Boris will lose the confidence vote today.

I don’t think he’ll lose.

But I wouldn’t be so chirpy about the fact that a minimum of 15% of his own party agree that he shouldn’t be leader.

Not a great look is it. 

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Excellent news that the confidence vote is happening today and Boris can get back to concentrating on the proper job of running the country later today, 

I agree entirely. The very best result for Kier Starmer and the Labour Party would be a narrow Johnson win.

Fingers crossed.

You misspelled “ruining”, by the way.

Edited by sibon

Guest sibon
5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

15 percent of Tory MPs is a small figure given the fact just under 50 percent of Tory MPs voted for the two other candidates in the final ballot of the leadership election before it went to the members.  I'm surprised it takes a relative small number of MPs to trigger a confidence vote.

It only took 25% of the UK population to trigger Brexit. So I think that 15% is a reasonable threshold to try to remove a bumbling, incompetent, criminal liar.