The Conservative Party - Part Two.

57 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Did you actually sacrifice any precious moments with loved ones or do you just like doing what the media do to stir things up by being a proxy moaner for those who maybe did? In two cases that I am fully aware of when people couldn't go to see their loved ones off what is now happening is they are arguing about the said loved ones will and who gets what.

How is it stirring things up?

Nearly 180,000 people have died from it. Almost all of those people will have had families, friends, loved ones won't have been able to visit when they were dying. 

Other people have suffered in other ways whether it be financially, or medical treatment delayed etc. 

That's not moaning for God's sake.

When Johnson said yesterday that he thought it was 'reasonable' to say goodbye to work colleagues, perhaps he might like to think that's a tiny sacrifice compared to the many who suffered privations much worse than he.

9 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair you have to excuse the anti Tory / anti Boris / anti Brexit / anti Democratic mob for recycling "They couldn't see their love ones old chestnut" because they suffer from sheep mentality and all sing from the same Keir Starmer hymn book.

Another one who lacks any empathy. 

How is it anti democratic to complain that Johnson went to booze ups to say goodbye to deaparting work colleagues, when people couldn't say goodbye to their nearest and dearest? 

Is questioning Johnson and his antics that resemble his Bullingdon club days now not allowed? Is that not anti democratic.

All these people who were saying "wait for Sue Gray, wait for Sue Gray", now all of a sudden don't want to discuss her findings now her report is out. 

If anyone has the 'sheep mentality' it's you, with your Stockholm Syndrome "Boris can do no wrong", "He's doing his best" and laughably, still harking back to Brexit.

17 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair you have to excuse the anti Tory / anti Boris / anti Brexit / anti Democratic mob for recycling "They couldn't see their love ones old chestnut" because they suffer from sheep mentality and all sing from the same Keir Starmer hymn book.

Is this the sort of thing you would say to the face of someone  who couldn't see family members before they died, accuse them of suffering sheep mentality? 

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

If you think I am exaggerating about this country being in the biggest mess since 1945, would you care to tell us exactly when we were in a bigger mess than we are now.

If not, then there is no exaggeration.

I might also add that in all those years, I have never known a  worse government either than the one we have now, led by Boris Johnson and I remember well, Maggie Thatcher.

I couldn't stand the woman but she did have some dignity & respect whereas Johnson has neither.

I've been around a long time but I find this lot hard to believe.

I also have been around a long time and  I have put many times on this forum the same thoughts . But some try to take we we ,   But it slides off like on a ducks back .

5 hours ago, West 77 said:

Because at least when she broadcasted  from the attic she occasionally made some worthy comments.

With respect you're comparing apples with oranges.  It was common sense to restrict visitors to vulnerable people in places such as hospitals and care homes.  Regarding visiting in hospitals I believe different hospitals and different wards set their own rules.  For example in August 2020 I was allowed to visit a vulnerable person in hospital for everyday during their 13 night stay. I had to have my temperature taken on every visit, had to wear a mask and was allowed to stay for one hour.  However, at the same hospital other wards didn't allow any visitors.  Regarding the workers in Downing Street they weren't vulnerable people and were mixing with each other in the work environment.  I don't begrudge anyone who worked through the pandemic having a drink and food with work colleagues and that includes those who worked in Downing Street.  I acknowledge some civil servants working in Downing Street took liberties and abused the trust given to them.

Three day weeks in the 70's and power cuts.

Last sentence . The only time my dad had to sign on  due to a short working week because of power cuts 

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Depends on the circumstances.  I think it's disgraceful how the media and opposition politicians have caused  more distress for the bereaved for the sole purpose of political point scoring. The truth is the media and opposition party politicians who have targeted Boris over this issue don't care about the feelings of the bereaved otherwise they wouldn't have stirred up the trouble they have knowing it was always likely to cause more distress to some people who lost loved ones during the pandemic. 

You forgot to mention that Johnson got ambushed by a cake.

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

You forgot to mention that Johnson got ambushed by a cake.

Did he fight back 😁

4 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Personally yes, and have friends who did the same. 

Does that meet your requirements for me to post on the subject?

Requirements, didn't know there was any. Post what you like as far as I'm concerned, but from reading your previous posts it seems like you just joined the bandwagon like many here seem to do.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

How is it stirring things up?

Nearly 180,000 people have died from it. Almost all of those people will have had families, friends, loved ones won't have been able to visit when they were dying. 

Other people have suffered in other ways whether it be financially, or medical treatment delayed etc. 

That's not moaning for God's sake.

Of course it is as nearly all the people moaning are moaning on behalf of others (by proxy) and have been gripped by media fever, it's not because they have been affected in that way. 

When Johnson said yesterday that he thought it was 'reasonable' to say goodbye to work colleagues, perhaps he might like to think that's a tiny sacrifice compared to the many who suffered privations much worse than he.

Another one who lacks any empathy. 

Johnson is a politician and by and large very few of them have any empathy as they do what they feel is right and not what the public or press want them to.

How is it anti democratic to complain that Johnson went to booze ups to say goodbye to deaparting work colleagues, when people couldn't say goodbye to their nearest and dearest? 

Is questioning Johnson and his antics that resemble his Bullingdon club days now not allowed? Is that not anti democratic.

All these people who were saying "wait for Sue Gray, wait for Sue Gray", now all of a sudden don't want to discuss her findings now her report is out. 

If anyone has the 'sheep mentality' it's you, with your Stockholm Syndrome "Boris can do no wrong", "He's doing his best" and laughably, still harking back to Brexit.

Who said it was anti democratic to complain?

I think you also misunderstand. I am not backing up Boris and also have previously said he should have gone long ago. What concerns me is how all this fuss has been generated and stirred up by the media simply in order to get back at Boris for his stance on Brexit, that's why Brexit is mentioned by me. How many time has the media stirred it so far. They tried with Cummings and that was a no go, they tried with the argument over his laptop with Symonds and that was a no go, they tried with his flat refurbishment and that was a no go and now the whole sorry saga of partygate has ended in another damp squib for them.

He may be PM and any problems he has caused and whether he lied to parliament is something for parliament to rule on. We in this representative democracy of ours hand over our rights to our elected representatives who take charge on our behalf and if we don't like that then we have a chance to remove them at the next election. It should never be up to the media or the public to circumvent that process and that is basically what I am complaining about. Maybe Anna is right, it's time to take control of the media....

As far as the Sue Grey report is concerned, it has been released, her finding have been published and are now known so what else is there to discuss as its already been done to death.

Hang on though maybe this.... There is now apparently a legal challenge by the Good Law Project in a new attempt to hold Scotland Yard accountable for allegedly failing to properly investigate Partygate.

Desperation springs to mind.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Did he fight back 😁

he prolly hid in a fridge

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

he prolly hid in a fridge

Hmmm... :huh:

Thanks Mr Mel, I've just learned a new word...

... but I'll prolly never use it! :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

you dont own a fridge? :O

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Add it to your Repertoire Mr. Bloke....

You could then be known as  "The Wally With The Prolly"

• Sad 1