The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Yes getting on and running the country is a massive distraction for those who still want to discuss nonsense.

Running the country?

The country has never been in a bigger mess since 1945

30 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The whole people not being able to give loved ones a good send off has been discussed to death.  Those working in Downing Street also won't have been able to attend normal funerals.  In 2020 I didn't attend one close member family funeral due to the Covid situation and a close family member's funeral I attended only had a grave side service with a very small number of people in attendance.  I don't feel any animosity towards  Boris or any of those who were working in Downing Street that two of my close  family members didn't have the funeral they would have had in non covid times. To be quite frank I find it disgraceful the media, opposition politicians and the anti Tory mob seek to political point score regarding this issue. 

You may not but the rest of us do.

You obviously have some weird views of what is important in life but it certainly isn't drinking wine and getting p*ssed either in Downing Street or elsewhere.

You can praise Johnson as much as you like but the vast majority of the country despise him and you won't change that.

9 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You may not but the rest of us do.

You obviously have some weird views of what is important in life but it certainly isn't drinking wine and getting p*ssed either in Downing Street or elsewhere.

You can praise Johnson as much as you like but the vast majority of the country despise him and you won't change that.

I second that , but boris can walk on water . 

11 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Apologies to you and the other Mister Men. The Mr Kipling Cakes comment was only intended as banter and I regret that it caused offence to some.

It doesnt cause offence it just shows what you are

• Like 1

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Lisa Nandy the MP famous for broadcasting from her attic  also wasn't interested in the upcoming announcement when interviewed on BBC this morning which is why I switched channels to Talk TV.

The whole people not being able to give loved ones a good send off has been discussed to death.  Those working in Downing Street also won't have been able to attend normal funerals.  In 2020 I didn't attend one close member family funeral due to the Covid situation and a close family member's funeral I attended only had a grave side service with a very small number of people in attendance.  I don't feel any animosity towards  Boris or any of those who were working in Downing Street that two of my close  family members didn't have the funeral they would have had in non covid times. To be quite frank I find it disgraceful the media, opposition politicians and the anti Tory mob seek to political point score regarding this issue. 

It's not just the funeral situation, it's also about those in hospital and care homes who were not allowed visitors, many of them vulnerable and afraid with serious mental health problems who relied on daily visits from loved ones to reassure and care for them. Imagine a small child deprived of its daily visits from its mother with no understandable explanation or reason why. Their suffering was made unimaginably worse.

Lisa Nandy the MP famous for broadcasting from her attic  also wasn't interested in the upcoming announcement when interviewed on BBC this morning which is why I switched channels to Talk TV.

And why is Lisa Nandy's 'broadcasting from an attic' worthy of comment?

Edited by Anna B

I agree the country has big problems at the moment. I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to claim there has never been a bigger mess since 1945. The truth is we live in unprecedented times and the whole world is in a mess at the moment.  For those very reasons it's been ludicrous our country's media and politicians have wasted so much time discussing the work gatherings in Downing Street that happened well over a year ago.

If you think I am exaggerating about this country being in the biggest mess since 1945, would you care to tell us exactly when we were in a bigger mess than we are now.

If not, then there is no exaggeration.

I might also add that in all those years, I have never known a  worse government either than the one we have now, led by Boris Johnson and I remember well, Maggie Thatcher.

I couldn't stand the woman but she did have some dignity & respect whereas Johnson has neither.

I've been around a long time but I find this lot hard to believe.

17 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Three day weeks in the 70's and power cuts.

Yes, I remember the 3 day weeks & power cuts.

Very infuriating at the time. It cost some money in lost production and lost wages but nowhere near as much as the last couple of years.

We also had roaring inflation but the 2 leaders  Tory, Ted Heath and Labour, Harold  Wilson, got together and hammered out a Prices & Incomes Policy.

Everyone got small regular pay rises which were a pre-set amount of money, ( NOT a percentage, where the well paid got a lot and the poorly paid got next to nowt).

Those rises later became incorporated into our wages so we all benefited by the same amount.

The other arm of the prices and incomes policy prevented  manufacturers & retailers from raising prices (as they are doing now, and not always justified) unless they could give the government a good reason why.

Ask me, "would I sooner live in the 70's again or now????

The 1970's,  no comparison. 

Guest sibon

Three day weeks in the 70's and power cuts.

We currently have a large proportion of people working on piece rates. The government is having to pay the gas bills for millions of people. Northern Ireland has been annexed and the M20 is a lorry park. Trading with Europe is next to impossible and Nadine Dorries is in the cabinet.

Makes the 70s look good.  

6 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Surprisingly, the gvt have announced a huge cash splurge to reduce the impact of rising energy costs the morning after the rancid liar in no10 is attempting to weasel his way out of his betrayal of those who sacrificed precious last moments with loved ones.

Did you actually sacrifice any precious moments with loved ones or do you just like doing what the media do to stir things up by being a proxy moaner for those who maybe did? In two cases that I am fully aware of when people couldn't go to see their loved ones off what is now happening is they are arguing about the said loved ones will and who gets what.

Guest sibon

Shame you haven't got a time machine and then you could have a quiet night in watching The Wheeltappers and Shunters Club and enjoy  Bernard Manning who was a regular act.

I don't need to.

I've got you.

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

Did you actually sacrifice any precious moments with loved ones or do you just like doing what the media do to stir things up by being a proxy moaner for those who maybe did? In two cases that I am fully aware of when people couldn't go to see their loved ones off what is now happening is they are arguing about the said loved ones will and who gets what.

Personally yes, and have friends who did the same. 

Does that meet your requirements for me to post on the subject?