The Conservative Party - Part Two.

24 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I saw the report by Laura Kuenssberg yesterday when she interviewed, (although they were given anonymity), one of those who attended one of the parties.   The woman explained that there were around 30 people in a room, social distancing had gone out the window with people standing shoulder to shoulder, some sitting on others knees, none were wearing mask.  Then she said the PM entered the room for a drink & to give a brief speech.  (Paraphrasing here) "At no time did the PM tell us to put masks on or observe social distancing." 

This got me thinking.  This grown woman, presumably a Whitehall civil servant, who is already attending a party during lockdown, now expects to be TOLD, like a small child, that she should be observing the measures that were in place at the time but seeks to buck pass her failings, again much like a small child would. 

No wonder she asked for anonymity in the interview as she came across as a pathetic idiot.  It's all PM`s fault for not telling me how I should have behaved. 

Keep telling your sect that

No wonder they get so many things wrong.   Sounds like they are all permanently  p*ssed. 

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ll tell you what will really be worth it; the smell of booze and vomit that will cling to this mob of Tories for years. 

Na, they will be using tissues to clean it up rather than like you using them to dry your eyes.

This suggests to me that all the 'anti-vaxers' (for want of a better term) were right all along, and covid was a gigantic hoax / miscalculation after all.

These people who had all the facts, figures and information from experts at their fingertips, weren't the least bit concerned about catching covid, or spreading it, so while we were all cowering terrified in our bunkers, there was actually very little to fear from it, the government knew it, and the draconian push to get everyone injected with something, wasn't necessary.

Maybe the number of deaths was much exagerated too, and there was a hidden agenda to all this after all.

I'm playing Devil's advocate here of course, but can anyone come up with a better explanation? This point seems to have been ignored, misinterpreted or missed entirely by the media. 

One thing's for certain, if this ever happens again, the government can expect 0 cooperation from the general public who will no longer trust anything they say. 

Edited by Anna B

Steve Taylor, a psychologist, has analysed Johnson The darkness of Boris Johnson: a psychologist on the prime minister's unpalatable personality traits No surprises really. He displays traits of the so-called 'dark triad' of psychopathy, narcissism and machiavellianism, plus so-called 'dark factor' traits of spitefulness, moral disengagement, entitlement and egoism. "In an ideal society, there would be measures to restrict such people’s access to power".

50 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Steve Taylor, a psychologist, has analysed Johnson The darkness of Boris Johnson: a psychologist on the prime minister's unpalatable personality traits No surprises really. He displays traits of the so-called 'dark triad' of psychopathy, narcissism and machiavellianism, plus so-called 'dark factor' traits of spitefulness, moral disengagement, entitlement and egoism. "In an ideal society, there would be measures to restrict such people’s access to power".

So what we actually have here is a new phenomenon, the 'celebrity psychologist'.  I expect we'll be seeing him on the 'One Show' soon plugging a book on the back of this sort of thing. 

One of the early paragraphs, "First, let me be clear: I am not attempting to diagnose the prime minister with a personality disorder", shows he's already distancing himself from his own analysis. 

Edited by Baron99

Surprisingly, the gvt have announced a huge cash splurge to reduce the impact of rising energy costs the morning after the rancid liar in no10 is attempting to weasel his way out of his betrayal of those who sacrificed precious last moments with loved ones.

48 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

Surprisingly, the gvt have announced a huge cash splurge to reduce the impact of rising energy costs the morning after the rancid liar in no10 is attempting to weasel his way out of his betrayal of those who sacrificed precious last moments with loved ones.

And the hypocrite of the day award goes to..... drum roll.... Bargepole23 who has graciously agreed to share it with the millions of other like minded individuals who have been screaming for weeks about the cost of living crisis & fuel poverty. 

Right then Bargepole23, tell us will you be accepting any financial help the Tories throw your way or will you be remaining a hypocrite? 

50 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And the hypocrite of the day award goes to..... drum roll.... Bargepole23 who has graciously agreed to share it with the millions of other like minded individuals who have been screaming for weeks about the cost of living crisis & fuel poverty. 

Right then Bargepole23, tell us will you be accepting any financial help the Tories throw your way or will you be remaining a hypocrite? 

And that's the important point here right, whether I accept it or not? Not the timing of the whole annoucement from a gvt who have been arguing for weeks about the impact a windfall tax would have on those companies and why they shouldnt impose it? 

Where's my hypocrisy? The support for those who need it is very welcome, and people have rightly been asking for it for weeks, as you say. Please point out where I have said that it shouldn't happen? 

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Yes getting on and running the country is a massive distraction for those who still want to discuss nonsense.

No 10 having parties whilst people not being able to raise a glass in the company of others to see off a loved one is nonsense? You are beneath contempt.

Edited by Bargepole23

14 hours ago, L00b said:

Under the British constitution (collection of Acts, precedent and tradition), yes, misleading Parliament “trumps” misleading the UK public, because the first is a resigning offence (…by tradition, hence not compulsory) whereas the second is not.

Maybe the British constitution needs an overhaul.

Johnson routinely lies to parliament every week during PMQs. So its odd that suddenly Tory MP's care about this in one specific case.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be quite frank I find it disgraceful the media, opposition politician and the anti Tory mob seek to political point score regarding this issue. 

Well, that's a bit of good news.

I was beginning to wonder whether you had any morality at all,  given your outbreak of revolting homophobic baiting.

It is nice to see that you can feel an emotion such as disgust, even if it is so poorly  aimed.

2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I fully agree, its excellent news that it will help people, but after weeks of nope, nope, nope, no windfall tax, no we cant help we dont have the capability, strangely enough they now can, right on the day of the Sue Gray report landing, thats no accident.

• Like 1