The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

yawn

The truth is the whole saga has been a plot to remove Boris from office. 

No it isnt give yer head a wobble, what it shows is this government is elitest, entitled, with the old public schoolboy mentality only in it for themselves, no respect for others, no common decency.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

No it isnt give yer head a wobble, what it shows is this government is elitest, entitled, with the old public schoolboy mentality only in it for themselves, no respect for others, no common decency.

infact no dont give it a wobble, theres that many screws loose it might come off

It looks like the Tory MPs have nailed their colours to Johnson’s mast so they can’t appeal to the electorate on the basis that they got rid of him. The Grey report will give lots of election material for Labour and the Libs and more people will correctly draw the conclusion that the Tories are rotten to the core. 
I hope some of the cleaners and security staff who’ve been bullied and harassed at some of these shindigs are members of a union, a few employment tribunals will be the icing on the cake.

Edited by Mister Gee

35 minutes ago, Slinny said:

This today was as bent as a 9 Bob note . If back benchers think he should stay , then what does this say for the government we have got today . All the other parties should have walked out  off the building , just to let the general public see what they think , we are better than this ,  if starmer is found guilty he will go , 

Exactly.  This is what I think too.

Johnson can even reduce the phrase"I take full responsibility" to a new absolutely meaningless level.

What gets me is the calls for Johnson to resign because "He's misled Parliament." 

Does misleading Parliament trump misleading the UK public & why every time I hear the phrase "Misleading Parliament" does an image of Tony Blair pop into my head? 

Under the British constitution (collection of Acts, precedent and tradition), yes, misleading Parliament “trumps” misleading the UK public, because the first is a resigning offence (…by tradition, hence not compulsory) whereas the second is not.

Maybe the British constitution needs an overhaul.

3 hours ago, Slinny said:

This today was as bent as a 9 Bob note . If back benchers think he should stay , then what does this say for the government we have got today . All the other parties should have walked out  off the building , just to let the general public see what they think , we are better than this ,  if starmer is found guilty he will go , 

All the other parties did let the public know what they thought and that's why they didn't leave the building. Boris and the others were fined for what happened, accepted they did wrong and Boris as the head accepted responsibility for it all.

The media campaign to try and force him to resign didn't work yet again, which really makes me smile. How many times have they and posters on here wanted him gone and thought he was toast yet he is still here, that in itself is worth this.... :D

The peoples turn to have a legitimate say rather than the meadias faux outrage by proxy will come at the next election but for now it's parliaments turn to decide what happens next and not the public's which is the rightful way of dealing with it. If they decide Boris had wilfully lied to Parliament then he will have to resign and that then will be Starmers cue to try and boost the Labour vote but I somehow don't think either will happen.

Edited by Dromedary

6 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

All the other parties did let the public know what they thought and that's why they didn't leave the building Boris and the others were fined for what happened, accepted they did wrong and Boris as the head accepted responsibility for it all.

The media campaign to try and force him to resign didn't work yet again, which really makes me smile. How many times have they and posters on her wanted him gone and thought he was toast yet he is still here, that in itself is worth this.... :D

The peoples turn to have a legitimate say rather than the meadias faux outrage by proxy will come at the next election but for now it's parliaments turn to decide what happens next and not the public's which is the rightful way of dealing with it. If they decide Boris had wilfully lied to Parliament then he will have to resign and that then will be Starmers cue to try and boost the Labour vote but I somehow don't think either will happen.

I’ll tell you what will really be worth it; the smell of booze and vomit that will cling to this mob of Tories for years. 

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

When I read one of your posts these days this image always comes into my mind.

Ben_Turpin,_silent_comedy_actor_(SAYRE_1

😀

I saw the report by Laura Kuenssberg yesterday when she interviewed, (although they were given anonymity), one of those who attended one of the parties.   The woman explained that there were around 30 people in a room, social distancing had gone out the window with people standing shoulder to shoulder, some sitting on others knees, none were wearing mask.  Then she said the PM entered the room for a drink & to give a brief speech.  (Paraphrasing here) "At no time did the PM tell us to put masks on or observe social distancing." 

This got me thinking.  This grown woman, presumably a Whitehall civil servant, who is already attending a party during lockdown, now expects to be TOLD, like a small child, that she should be observing the measures that were in place at the time but seeks to buck pass her failings, again much like a small child would. 

No wonder she asked for anonymity in the interview as she came across as a pathetic idiot.  It's all PM`s fault for not telling me how I should have behaved. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I saw the report by Laura Kuenssberg yesterday when she interviewed, (although they were given anonymity), one of those who attended one of the parties.   The woman explained that there were around 30 people in a room, social distancing had gone out the window with people standing shoulder to shoulder, some sitting on others knees, none were wearing mask.  Then she said the PM entered the room for a drink & to give a brief speech.  (Paraphrasing here) "At no time did the PM tell us to put masks on or observe social distancing." 

This got me thinking.  This grown woman, presumably a Whitehall civil servant, who is already attending a party during lockdown, now expects to be TOLD, like a small child, that she should be observing the measures that were in place at the time but seeks to buck pass her failings, again much like a small child would. 

No wonder she asked for anonymity in the interview as she came across as a pathetic idiot.  It's all PM`s fault for not telling me how I should have behaved. 

Tru dat