The Conservative Party - Part Two.

34 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I have given my view and stand by the result , good or bad. When she was appointed all sides seemed to be happy with her and said she was a person with integrity 

The sue gray report should have been looked at by leading members off all the over parties . Just a thought from a working class guy  to make sure scissors are kept away from it 

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

I'm sure the reason why Johnson and Gray had a meeting recently was to discuss the report's scrupulous integrity and independence. 

Even now there are questions about this. 

When the meeting between Sue Gray and PM became public Johnson said she called for a meeting with him.

Yet Sue Gray was absolutely emphatic, no it was the PM who called for a meeting with her.

So someone is not telling the truth. 

My money is on Johnson, who as everyone knows tells so many lies it's second nature to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

When the meeting between Sue Gray and PM became public Johnson said she called for a meeting with him.

Yet Sue Gray was absolutely emphatic, no it was the PM who called for a meeting with her.

My money is on Johnson, who as everyone knows tells so many lies it's second nature to him.

I will second that

46 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Was she emphatic though or was that just another media lie?

According to the BBC earlier it was Sue Grey that asked for the meeting so yes someone is lying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61531971

My money is on the Sky reporter as the media constantly lie as a way of stirring things up and there is no further information about her alleged spokesperson either.

Edited by Dromedary

And so it  starts 

Edited by hackey lad

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

According to the BBC earlier it was Sue Grey that asked for the meeting so yes someone is lying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61531971

Did you read the article you linked to?

But it is now understood that while Ms Gray sent the calendar invite for the meeting, the original idea for it came from Downing St.

In a conversation with a senior official in No 10, it was suggested to Ms Gray that she might offer an update on her work to the prime minister. She accepted that idea and sent the invite to ensure an appointment was put in both their diaries.

From that it's difficult to maintain that it was her who did the initiating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, altus said:

"it is now understood that while Ms Gray sent the calendar invite for the meeting, the original idea for it came from Downing St"

• Like 1

An entry for the "haven't got a clue what they are doing" department: Push for civil servants to return to office backfires as DfE runs out of desks. After pressure from Jacob Rees-Mogg to get civil servants back to their offices, Nadhim Zahawi ordered staff to spend 80% of their time in offices. One small problem:

As with many government departments, working from home was widely practised at the DfE before the pandemic. About 60-70% of DfE staff typically worked from home or had flexible working patterns on a daily basis, and in recent years the DfE’s office space has shrunk to reflect that.

He didn't even know over of his staff typically work from home and the department no longer had space for 80% of them to be in the office at the same time. Would it have been too hard to check?

3 hours ago, altus said:

Yes I did but it also states "it is now understood" so it has not actually been confirmed either way and so is still speculation by the media.

3 hours ago, altus said:

From that it's difficult to maintain that it was her who did the initiating.

I agree but we will not know for sure unless/until further details are released. As the Sky reporter has stated several times the details of all this are very sketchy. As stated earlier someone is not telling the whole truth so I await further details of this "stitch up" the opposition are claiming and actually reading the report.