The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Guest sibon
29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It's the exact opposite.  The workers in Downing Street are being  singled out and treated differently to every other workplace in the country.

No.

They have behaved differently to most  other workplaces in the country. That's why they are being fined.

Your stance on law and order is uncharacteristically liberal. Have you thought of taking out a Guardian subscription?

39 minutes ago, sibon said:

No.

They have behaved differently to most  other workplaces in the country. That's why they are being fined.

Your stance on law and order is uncharacteristically liberal. Have you thought of taking out a Guardian subscription?

He was arguing the toss before the fines and so is keeping up the pretence as he wants to save face, like Putin in that regard

24 minutes ago, melthebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61432498

How ****ing dare they talk about controlling spending and keeping in budget after what they stole off the taxpayer during the pandemic

The bare faced cheek

I know, talk about taking the ****

No doubt Westy will be here defending them :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Guest sibon
7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Regarding law and order my stance is the police should investigate real crimes and arrest real criminals.

They'd have their hands full investigating all of the fraud, corruption, threats of violence and ignorance of covid rules, perpetrated by the sorry mob we have as a government.

We probably need some more police. 

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I know, talk about taking the ****

No doubt Westy will be here defending them :rolleyes:

Yup I can hear the stampede of jackboots right now

3 hours ago, sibon said:

They'd have their hands full investigating all of the fraud, corruption, threats of violence and ignorance of covid rules, perpetrated by the sorry mob we have as a government.

We probably need some more police. 

The problem with a lot of big time fraud and corruption is it's so complex to unravel, and it often takes  specific persons with exceptional knowledge of the intricacies of the tax systems, accountancy, IT etc to do it.

I doubt very much whether we have many such persons capable of doing it within the police force or indeed any other organisation. It's also very time consuming and expensive. 

Which is why so many get away with it. Crooks don't need to rob banks anymore to make a £million. They can do it online without leaving a trace....

Edited by Anna B

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

They hired more civil servants to manage the pandemic. Now things are nearly back to normal they don't obviously need all the extra civil servants they hired. I will add they hired people to help the NHS with covid testing and some of these people have been redeployed to give out information for the NHS 111 and other services the NHS provide. 

did they hire our very own westy as a government spokesperson too i wonder?

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

did they hire our very own westy as a government spokesperson too i wonder?

I think he’d settle for being Mogg’s shoeshine boy.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, melthebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61432498

How ****ing dare they talk about controlling spending and keeping in budget after what they stole off the taxpayer during the pandemic

Won't cover the shortfall on the extra customs and border costs (before you get to everything else) as a result of Brexit alone, never mind the pandemic! :?

46 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Just trying to help out the Mister Men by explaining why fewer civil servants are needed.  As my Grandma used to say " You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink"

There are 11% fewer civil servants now than there were in 2005