The Conservative Party - Part Two.

28 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I honestly wish they would call a General Election now . 

That's all we need.

We are still dealing with a global pandemic and all the associated fallout, trying desperately to restore the the economy after 2 years of disruption and lockdown, still finishing off the terms and negotiations from Brexit and now potentially having to deal with with conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

Yes what a perfect time to be spending loads of money, suspending parliament, going around the country doing their campaigning and mass marketing, changes of government, changes of direction, changes of policy, changes of personnel......

Let alone the possibility that all of which could merely result in exactly the same party holding a majority.  

When are some people going to get into their thick skulls, getting rid of Boris does not automatically wave some magic wand and open the door to Keir Starmer and his mob.  

For all the hysterical mudslinging being thrown at Boris Johnson, what exactly has that great lump on the other side of the house done. What exactly are his oh so wonderful policies which are going to be so great for this country. As far as I'm concerned, with exception of taking the easy position of childishly objecting and criticising every single thing the government proposes (which any moron can do) and getting obsessed over gatherings of staff already in the same workplace (something which Keir himself also partaken in) he's hardly been impressive with his performances either.

.... so all well and good calling for a general election but who exactly are we going to be voting for.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

I agree a leadership challenge or general election would delay dealing with the national and international challenges the country faces BUT I don’t think I’ll ever be able to believe a word Boris says again and have no faith in his, or the governments’ morality in making decisions in the interest of the country. His shinanagins has made the electorate distrust, particularly Tory, politicians who have defended his lies and underhand tactics. Even if he truly believed the ‘parties’ were legal work gatherings he should have had the foresight to see how they’d be seen by the public and the integrity to show solidarity with the mere mortals who were following the rules he set. He can’t negate all wrongdoing by continually reminding us of the successful vaccine rollout. I certainly don’t want levelling up to his standards

22 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Why are people in such a hurry for God's sake as it will all be revealed in a few days anyway.

Yes the police would as as that how it works. When a complaint to the police is made by anyone it will be need investigated even if it is spurious.

i'm not in a hurry just saying he should of given a clear answer when this fist came out.  The police originally said they weren't going to investigate so I assume they must have got some new information.   I don't think a general election would be a good idea at this time and i'm not desperate for Starmer to be in charge.  I just think Boris needs to understand that some people aren't happy. He keeps going on about Brexit and the vaccine rollout but i think people are starting to see through that.

58 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

That's all we need.

We are still dealing with a global pandemic and all the associated fallout, trying desperately to restore the the economy after 2 years of disruption and lockdown, still finishing off the terms and negotiations from Brexit and now potentially having to deal with with conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

Yes what a perfect time to be spending loads of money, suspending parliament, going around the country doing their campaigning and mass marketing, changes of government, changes of direction, changes of policy, changes of personnel......

Let alone the possibility that all of which could merely result in exactly the same party holding a majority.  

When are some people going to get into their thick skulls, getting rid of Boris does not automatically wave some magic wand and open the door to Keir Starmer and his mob.  

For all the hysterical mudslinging being thrown at Boris Johnson, what exactly has that great lump on the other side of the house done. What exactly are his oh so wonderful policies which are going to be so great for this country. As far as I'm concerned, with exception of taking the easy position of childishly objecting and criticising every single thing the government proposes (which any moron can do) and getting obsessed over gatherings of staff already in the same workplace (something which Keir himself also partaken in) he's hardly been impressive with his performances either.

.... so all well and good calling for a general election but who exactly are we going to be voting for.  

I know who I would be voting for . Not bothered if there is a GE or not , just fed up of the bleating from the opposition. 

Edited by hackey lad

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

. As far as I'm concerned, with exception of taking the easy position of childishly objecting and criticising every single thing the government proposes (which any moron can do) 

Indeed. Childishly objecting to stuff and criticising things without reason are both absolutely moronic.

I do hope you recover.

I have never been a BoJo fan, partly because I wanted to stay in the EU, mainly for freedom to travel by right, which, ironically, we are further away from than ever !

But, in some ways it's better the devil you know, we are moving back to normal (by far the most important thing in the world at the moment) and I don't want anything, even my lack of respect for John so, to prejudice that.

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Boris has made it perfectly clear a few weeks ago  he will address the alleged parties issue after the report has been concluded and he has read the contents. This seems reasonable to any normal person because then he can decide if any civil servants will be sacked for wrong doing. Regarding Ian Blackford the only other issue he's normally interested in ranting on about is the Scottish independence issue which was dealt with in 2014.

Perhaps people would have more confidence in his ability to properly deal with the conclusions of the report had he not responded so inappropriately to the report into the Home Secretary's bullying of staff and her breach of the Ministerial Code. But there again given that he's breached the Ministerial Code and is still in position, how can he criticise anyone else for wrong doing and deal with his minister's wrong doing.

As I understand it, Ministers do not have responsibility for sacking civil servants. Ministerial accountability | The Institute for Government - but they can sack SPADs

Edited by Mister M

Support Boris?

If so you support a liar, a narcissistic, self-serving megalomaniac.

And don't get me started on "he got Brexit done...he delivered on the vaccination programme." 

You're brainwashed by the propaganda peddled by the idiot's Ministry of Truth (Rees-Mogg, et al).

Most adults did not vote to leave the EU (fact).

The scientists and NHS delivered on the vaccination roll-out, not the bumbler.

The government's response in the first six months of the pandemic (and in ignoring the earning signs from January 2020) was disastrous.

He'll have gone by late spring.

Edited by steved32
Typo

3 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Lets be honest......That'll be most adults that managed to get off their backside to vote did vote leave,  i'm afraid 

4 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Support Boris?

And don't get me started on "he got Brexit done...he delivered on the vaccination programme." 

You're brainwashed by the propaganda peddled by the idiot's Ministry of Truth (Rees-Mogg, et al).

The government's response in the first six months of the pandemic (and in ignoring the earning signs from January 2020) was disastrous.

Before the end of 2021 was the last guess and guess what ?

Just now, steved32 said:

Support Boris?

The government's response in the first six months of the pandemic (and in ignoring the earning signs from January 2029) was disastrous.

Good post steved, hopefully he’ll linger on like a bad smell for a few more months and totally discredit the Tories for ever.

19 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Lets be honest......That'll be most adults that managed to get off their backside to vote did vote leave,  i'm afraid 

Sadly true and it doesn't matter whether they were fooled or not or whether they now regret it or not. But we have a separate thread for that, no need to spread discussion of it to this one.