The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Early sneaky peak at Sue Gray's report (reviewed by Johnson):

externalcontent.duckduckgo.com.jpg

13 hours ago, Delbow said:

That she was sacked from her post because others in the party were uncomfortable with her being a Muslim

That’s what she alleges the whip told her, but does it add up?
If it were true that others in the party were uncomfortable with her being a Muslim, and I don’t deny it might be, why would he tell her and give her ammunition to kick up a stink? It’s the last thing he’d do. Anybody who ever lost a job knows that all sorts of flannel can be trotted out in justification.

But never mind, Boris has ordered a full investigation. What that’s going to achieve when it’s ’he says - she says’, I can’t imagine. One of them is lying and neither is going to admit to it.

Somebody is pulling the strings to bring down the PM. He probably deserves it, but I’m not convinced about this particular item in the drip feed.

18 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

That’s what she alleges the whip told her, but does it add up?
If it were true that others in the party were uncomfortable with her being a Muslim, and I don’t deny it might be, why would he tell her and give her ammunition to kick up a stink? It’s the last thing he’d do. Anybody who ever lost a job knows that all sorts of flannel can be trotted out in justification.

But never mind, Boris has ordered a full investigation. What that’s going to achieve when it’s ’he says - she says’, I can’t imagine. One of them is lying and neither is going to admit to it.

Somebody is pulling the strings to bring down the PM. He probably deserves it, but I’m not convinced about this particular item in the drip feed.

So what if Boris Johnson has ordered an investigation. He'll only ignore the results like he did when he asked Alex Allan to investigate Patel over bullying allegations.

I bet the person closest to Johnson is lying. 

Incidentally, anyone see Peter Bone on Newsnight claiming that no-one in his constituency cares that Johnson was partying, while they couldn't see their loved ones, or go to their funerals. Another one who's socially distanced from the truth.

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

...... Incidentally, anyone see Peter Bone on Newsnight claiming that no-one in his constituency cares that Johnson was partying, while they couldn't see their loved ones, or go to their funerals. Another one who's socially distanced from the truth.

As someone who couldn't go to 2 family funerals because of the rules I don't think Peter Bone is socially distanced from the truth TBH. Others I have spoken to who did go to the funerals said they just want it over and done with. Just because a few may have been partying I can't see it as an excuse to cry about it especially as it was a good while ago. Its just, yet again, another story that's been blown out of all proportions by the media and is just media hype. 

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So what if Boris Johnson has ordered an investigation. He'll only ignore the results like he did when he asked Alex Allan to investigate Patel over bullying allegations.

Incidentally, anyone see Peter Bone on Newsnight claiming that no-one in his constituency cares that Johnson was partying, while they couldn't see their loved ones, or go to their funerals. Another one who's socially distanced from the truth.

My point about the investigation is that unless a witness can be magicked up, the results are bound to be inconclusive. There’ll be nothing for him to ignore.

7 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

As someone who couldn't go to 2 family funerals because of the rules I don't think Peter Bone is socially distanced from the truth TBH. Others I have spoken to who did go to the funerals said they just want it over and done with. Just because a few may have been partying I can't see it as an excuse to cry about it especially as it was a good while ago. Its just, yet again, another story that's been blown out of all proportions by the media and is just media hype. 

A few people including the person who made the rules. Hmmm.

If it is media hype, then it's touching a raw nerve with many people in the country. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

My point about the investigation is that unless a witness can be magicked up, the results are bound to be inconclusive. There’ll be nothing for him to ignore.

So why bother to launch an investigation if the results are bound to be inconclusive?

Just now, Mister M said:

So why bother to launch an investigation if the results are bound to be inconclusive?

To buy time. What else?

34 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Got to agree with you about Bone . Watched it thinking , stop it, shut up.

Just now, Jim Hardie said:

To buy time. What else?

On a political level, I'm sure many of his MPs want shot of him, he's a liability for the same reason he was an asset 2 years ago, but these issues aren't going to go away if that's what he and his advisers are hoping

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

A few people including the person who made the rules. Hmmm.

Hmmm, he didn't make the rules though.

If it is media hype, then it's touching a raw nerve with many people in the country. 

I think some people is more appropriate. You know, the ones the media have painstakingly found to portray as I have yet to find anyone yet who has been upset by all this after a few years gap.

For what it's worth I think Johnson is well passed his use by date but as his missus has him by the balls he will do anything to please her and keep her in at no 10. Even more so as she has just had the flat tastefully refurbished! What's that saying "behind every successful man there is a woman." I think  Cummings, the person who the press hated a few years ago and yet are now kissing his ring knows all too well.  

Edited by Dromedary

Lets be honest, there are millions around this country who are low key giving Boris a pass on this because lets face it, many many people ignored covid rules in all sorts of ways.

36 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Lets be honest, there are millions around this country who are low key giving Boris a pass on this because lets face it, many many people ignored covid rules in all sorts of ways.

Well , if that was the case for the defence , he’d be screwed.