The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The Guardian also report that Wakeford previously co-sponsored a bill advocating that where MPs defect, a bye election should be called. With a hard right voting record, I'm not sure this is much of a coup for Labour. They should call a bye election and stand someone else as a candidate - they'd win it.

I agree with that. 

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

So why did they vote Brexit then 😆

You know the answer 

Private Eye is reporting that Downing Street offered to relax covid rules for Philip's funeral, but the Queen declined saying she should set an example not be an exception.

That's true leadership.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

David Davis is a disgrace. David Davis is a strong supporter of Brexit which wouldn't have happened if it was not for Boris becoming prime minister.  The period after the 2016 EU referendum until the December 2019 general election was the worse time in our country's democratic history due to the rogue parliament who blocked Brexit which was the electorate's democratic choice.  Boris saved our country and all elected Tory MPs should stay loyal to him for that reason alone.

The only thing rogue in parliament at that time were the governments who twice illegally tried to undermine our parliamentary system and had to be slapped down by the supreme court.

I greeted my Tory voting neighbour with, "Good morning, what a lovely day."

His response: "I'm waiting for Sue Gray's report."

Rees-Mogg has just opined that Bluffer Boris was "rigorous about the COVID rules."

Ha, ha, ha, ha...HA HA HA HA HA....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What a nipple!

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

I greeted my Tory voting neighbour with, "Good morning, what a lovely day."

His response: "I'm waiting for Sue Gray's report."

Sue Gray works for Boris apparently. He's her boss.

So report couldn't possibly be a whitewash, could it.....?

3 hours ago, altus said:

The only thing rogue in parliament at that time were the governments who twice illegally tried to undermine our parliamentary system and had to be slapped down by the supreme court.

Illegally?

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Sue Gray works for Boris apparently. He's her boss.

No, she is a civil servant who is employed by The Crown and not the Government.

Edited by Dromedary

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

Rees-Mogg has just opined that Bluffer Boris was "rigorous about the COVID rules."

Ha, ha, ha, ha...HA HA HA HA HA....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

What a nipple!

Don’t agree with you but 😂 not heard anyone called a nipple for years 😄

39 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Illegally?

Yes. Parliament is sovereign not the government. The supreme court ruled that May's attempt to trigger Article 50 without a vote was an attempt to bypassed parliament. It also ruled that Johnson's proroguing of parliament was illegal.

I keep reminding Westie of this every time he wrongly claims that the parliaments during those times were rogue.

Edited by altus

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

Rather than switching parties a sitting MP should become an independent MP if he or she wants to leave the party they stood for in the general election.

He chose the party which would most likely re-elect him next time. Not much difference between Labour and the Liberal Democrats, the latter are to the right of Labour, but as a LD he would not be re-elected.

36 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He chose the party which would most likely re-elect him next time. Not much difference between Labour and the Liberal Democrats, the latter are to the right of Labour, but as a LD he would not be re-elected.

So he got elected by Tory voters ,on a tory manifesto .  Was happy with his about 80,000 salary and then changed his mind .  Labour are welcome to this turncoat .