The Conservative Party - Part Two.

14 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Don't you at least find it interesting that ordinary people consistantly vote against their best interests?

There are far more 'ordinary' people, than people who benefit from Tory policies.

The rise of the number of 'poor' is evidence of that, and is set to increase mightily thanks to the last decade of Tory  'Austerity,' and inflation.

Meanwhile the super rich get much, much richer.

Maybe some ordinary people put the interest of the country before their own 

17 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Don't you at least find it interesting that ordinary people consistantly vote against their best interests?

But do they or do they just vote democratically how the want?

There are far more 'ordinary' people, than people who benefit from Tory policies.

Can you define "ordinary people" as it make it easier when replying.

The rise of the number of 'poor' is evidence of that, and is set to increase mightily thanks to the last decade of Tory  'Austerity,' and inflation.

Meanwhile the super rich get much, much richer.

I think that is the bit some don't like (bolded) and not that some people may be relatively poorer in comparison. If the rich get richer then its obvious that in relative terms the relatively poor will be relatively poorer which does not mean they are actually poor.

Edited by Dromedary

22 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

A perfect example of what patriotism is for - getting people to act against their own interests, to the benefit of the wealthy elite.

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

The electorate for Bury South democratically elected a Tory MP and not a Labour MP.  They will get a chance to choose a MP from a different party at the next general election just like every constituency will. The defected MP clearly has no respect for democracy.

I’m not bothered which parties are concerned but when this happens there should be a bye election 

The Guardian also report that Wakeford previously co-sponsored a bill advocating that where MPs defect, a bye election should be called. With a hard right voting record, I'm not sure this is much of a coup for Labour. They should call a bye election and stand someone else as a candidate - they'd win it.

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I’m not bothered which parties are concerned but when this happens there should be a bye election 

I do agree with you ,but with a 420 majority is anybody in the Conservative Party going to push for it

48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So why did they vote Brexit then 😆

39 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I do agree with you ,but with a 420 majority is anybody in the Conservative Party going to push for it

Now that Johnson has just announced the removal of Covid mitigation measures, they could and they’d likely walk it(-ish) yet again on riding the feelgood factor.

If that still doesn’t work, Johnson probably has another couple of bridge projects to sell the electorate 😉😏

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Now that Johnson has just announced the removal of Covid mitigation measures, they could and they’d likely walk it(-ish) yet again on riding the feelgood factor.

If that still doesn’t work, Johnson probably has another couple of bridge projects to sell the electorate 😉😏

Feel good v Johnson's issues.

An interesting contest

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Feel good v Johnson's issues.

An interesting contest

The grapevine says that Tory backbenchers are currently pulling their letters from the 1922 Committee on the back of that announcement.

Johnson’s issues have been known to all since long before his accession to the Tory leadership, tbh. He’s still their best option, on whom to pin the consequences of the ongoing binfire and to kick out just before the next GE.

Like Johnson,I will wait for the Grey report when it will all kick off again

I thought the comment by David Davies was far more telling than Christian Wakeford joining  the Labour Party. Only a week or two before he was saying the Conservatives were looking after his and other working class voters better than Labour would. And I believe that there should be a by election if a politician joins another political party mid way should have  to be made to resign their seat.

Edited by hobinfoot