The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The electorate for Bury South democratically elected a Tory MP and not a Labour MP.  They will get a chance to choose a MP from a different party at the next general election just like every constituency will. The defected MP clearly has no respect for democracy.

I do agree that bye elections should be held in these situations. I wonder if you had the same view over Tory MPs defecting to UKIP when that was a thing 

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Christian Wakeford Tory MP for Bury South has defected to Labour.

Perhaps he senses that the Tories won't win the next election and he wants to retain his seat. 

:partyhat:

Kier Starmer on Tories' reaction to the announcement:

I’m sure the Chief Whip has told them to bring their own boos.

:D

22 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The electorate for Bury South democratically elected a Tory MP and not a Labour MP.  They will get a chance to choose a MP from a different party at the next general election just like every constituency will. The defected MP clearly has no respect for democracy.

Having a read of his career history makes for interesting reading.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Wakeford

I can't see him doing well if he stands for Labour there.

13 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Having a read of his career history makes for interesting reading.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Wakeford

I can't see him doing well if he stands for Labour there.

Would be quite funny if they held on to him for a while and then deselected him just before the next GE

Mind you, his views on Owen Patterson are identical to mine 😄

Edited by Delbow

David Davis to Johnson at PMQ just now: “In the name of God, just go!” 💣🔥

Brexiters be like 🤯

11 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Would be quite funny if they held on to him for a while and then deselected him just before the next GE

Mind you, his views on Owen Patterson are identical to mine 😄

😂

Respect where respect is due: he did call Patterson a **** to his face.

Perhaps by way of atonement, Wakeford could quote In The Thick Of It's Stewart Pearson in the commons:

"I've spent ten years detoxifying this party. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house, yeah? You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile. But after a whileyou realise that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundations are built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of c**ts."

Although the first sentence isn't true (while the rest certainly is)

17 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Perhaps by way of atonement, Wakeford could quote In The Thick Of It's Stewart Pearson in the commons:

"I've spent ten years detoxifying this party. It's been a bit like renovating an old, old house, yeah? You can take out a sexist beam here, a callous window there, replace the odd homophobic roof tile. But after a whileyou realise that this renovation is doomed. Because the foundations are built on what I can only describe as a solid bed of c**ts."

Although the first sentence isn't true (while the rest certainly is)

Isn't it just.

We need to find out why these people dominate at elections, and why people keep on voting for the very people who will do them down.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Isn't it just.

We need to find out why these people dominate at elections, and why people keep on voting for the very people who will do them down.

It's like a form of Stockholm Syndrome or something

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The Guardian are reporting that the MP for Bury South has defected to Labour. Says something about the Labour Party that they will accept a T*ry into the ranks, although he does appear to think his old party does nothing to help his constituents.

Rumour has it that he won't be the last one.

Maybe Operation Domino will be more successful than Operation Dead Meat.

1 minute ago, Delbow said:

It's a serious problem, probably wrapped up in our history and national character.

People know my opinion, but I think it's a serious enough problem to necessitate serious investigation.

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yea , everyone who doesn’t vote the same as you must have something wrong with them 

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yea , everyone who doesn’t vote the same as you must have something wrong with them 

Don't you at least find it interesting that ordinary people consistantly vote against their best interests?

There are far more 'ordinary' people, than people who benefit from Tory policies.

The rise of the number of 'poor' is evidence of that, and is set to increase mightily thanks to the last decade of Tory  'Austerity,' and inflation.

Meanwhile the super rich get much, much richer.

Edited by Anna B