The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Well that seems to have killed off Anna's contributions to the discussion...............

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Well that seems to have killed off Anna's contributions to the discussion...............

Not at all. I stand by the fact that Corbyn was a peacemaker and a thoughtful pragmatic man with ideas and integrity that would have helped the majority of people in this land. But he was much maligned as that represented a major threat to the power mad elite who have never had it so good.

That is evidenced by the fact that the rich have doubled their money during the pandemic, whilst the poorest have become ever poorer and will be joined in the downward trend by more and more hardworking citizens in the future.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

Not at all. I stand by the fact that Corbyn was a peacemaker and a thoughtful pragmatic man with ideas and integrity that would have helped the majority of people in this land. But he was much maligned as that represented a major threat to the power mad elite who have never had it so good.

That is evidenced by the fact that the rich have doubled their money during the pandemic, whilst the poorest have become ever poorer and will be joined in the downward trend by more and more hardworking citizens in the future.

I won't question "Corbyn was  . . . .  a thoughtful pragmatic man with ideas and integrity that would have helped the majority of people in this land" - it's too funny for that, but could you please link to the 'evidence' you have for the 'fact' that the rich have doubled their money?

12 minutes ago, Caswall said:

I won't question "Corbyn was  . . . .  a thoughtful pragmatic man with ideas and integrity that would have helped the majority of people in this land" - it's too funny for that, but could you please link to the 'evidence' you have for the 'fact' that the rich have doubled their money?

I saw that on BBC teletext service yesterday morning, it also said the poor have got poorer.

Just now, Padders said:

I saw that on BBC teletext service yesterday morning, it also said the poor have got poorer.

Your statement is not a link to evidence.  Here are the numbers for the top 10 wealthiest people in the UK, form the Sunday Times Rich List:

Sunday Times Rich List 2019

Hinduja family                                   £22BN

David & Simon Reuben                  £18.66BN

Sir Jim Ratcliffe                                 £18.15BNB

Sir Len Blavatnik                               £14.37BN

Sir James Dyson                                £12.6BN

Kirsten & Jorn Rausing                   £12.25BN

Cahrlene & Michel de Carvalho  £12BN

Alisher Usmanov                              £11.4BN

Roman Ibramovich                          £11.2BN

Mikhail Fridman                `               £10.9BN

Total 143.53BN

Sunday Times Rich List  2021

Sir Len Blavatnik                               £23BN

David & Simon Reuben                  £21.5BN

Hinduja family                                   £17BN

Sir James Dyson                                £16.3BN

Lakshmi Mittal                                   £14.7BN

Alisher Usmanov                              £13.4BN

Kirsten & Jorn Rausing                   £13BN

Roman Ibramovich                          £12.1BN

Cahrlene & Michel de Carvalho  £12BN

Guy Weston & family                      £11BN

Total 154BN

That's fact, unlike Anna B's opinion which she describes as fact.  What is factual is that the top ten wealthiest achieved a 3.5% annual increase to their total pot over 2 years.   Perhaps my mathematics is a tad rusty, but I'm struggling to see how that is ''doubling their money'?

25 minutes ago, Caswall said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60015294

All over the media, in the UK and abroad.

Can’t be that many, who haven’t heard about this by now.

Of course, there’s no helping those who don’t want to hear.

Edit: I don’t see where Anna limited her rich list to the UK, btw.

Edited by L00b

7 minutes ago, L00b said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-60015294

All over the media, in the UK and abroad.

Can’t be that many, who haven’t heard about this by now.

Of course, there’s no helping those who don’t want to hear.

The Forbes list, which Oxfam allegedly use, shows the net worth of the top ten in 2019 as $131BN rising to $177BN in 2021.   A 35% increase, not double.

Perhaps Oxfam should buy a different calculator if they think 177 is double 131, or maybe they should just concentrate on sending food to countries that insist on breeding beyond their ability to feed themselves.

9 minutes ago, Caswall said:

The Forbes list, which Oxfam allegedly use, shows the net worth of the top ten in 2019 as $131BN rising to $177BN in 2021.   A 35% increase, not double.

Perhaps Oxfam should buy a different calculator if they think 177 is double 131, or maybe they should just concentrate on sending food to countries that insist on breeding beyond their ability to feed themselves.

Perhaps Oxfam should.

Why don’t you suggest it to them, since the BBC and other news outlets maybe didn’t.

Let us know how you get on?

The Clown Prince:

"I believed implicitly this was a work event."

Was the email invite not sent to him?  Maybe he'd just changed his computer/iPad/mobile, and missed the invite.

Or maybe he thought the trestle tables laden with picnic food and "booze" were number 10 branching out into the hospitality business.

What a lying, oily toad.

26 minutes ago, Caswall said:

The Forbes list doesn't show that. The Forbes list's entry for Jeff Bezos alone shows that.

As the BBC report noted:

Oxfam's decision to measure the growth from the start of the pandemic, when global share prices plummeted, also skews the findings slightly.

The wealth of the world's richest is typically tied up in their stock holdings, which fell sharply in March 2020, meaning the subsequent growth was from this lower base.

So, even allowing for you only considering the Forbes annual figures for Jeff Bezos, you are not comparing like with like.

If you look at the Oxfam report methodology note available from this page you will see that Oxfam are comparing the top 10 people on 30/11/2021 with how those individuals were doing in March 2020.

All in all, you haven't provided anything that indicates the Oxfam report is wrong.

7 minutes ago, steved32 said:

The Clown Prince:

"I believed implicitly this was a work event."

Was the email invite not sent to him?  Maybe he'd just changed his computer/iPad/mobile, and missed the invite.

Or maybe he thought the trestle tables laden with picnic food and "booze" were number 10 branching out into the hospitality business.

What a lying, oily toad.

I wonder what would happen if someone threw some salt on him?