The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

When it's the Conservative Party under Boris Johnson, it's no longer a party but a cult. It's all about him.

On the substance that everyone's talking about, I think it's a party when the director of Communications for Boris Johnson at the time, now deputy editor of the Sun Newspaper, who was there at the event in question, describes it as a 'party'. 

It's a party. And Johnson will lie if he wants to.

Just reminded me of those wonderful lyrics.

It's my party, and I'll lie if I want to
Lie if I want to
Lie if I want to
You would lie too, if it happened to you

4 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Just reminded me of those wonderful lyrics.

It's my party, and I'll lie if I want to
Lie if I want to
Lie if I want to
You would lie too, if it happened to you

Sums up Johnson doesn’t it?

18 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Sums up Johnson doesn’t it?

Johnson thinks that he's so special he's worthy of setting up a plan to to chuck officials under the bus so that he can save his own skin. 

Egotistical Johnson has called this plan 'Operation Save Big Dog'. That's how he thinks the electorate view him after the spate of recent revelations. A 'big dog'. Loveable, rougish and faithful. Oh really?

When the UK reached the terrible milestone of 100,000 dead due to the virus, he stood at the lectern, and said, 'I of course take full responsibility'.  Now we learn the 'big dog' is nothing more than vermin, a complete scab as he seeks to try to gaslight the dim into thinking he isn't to blame. He wants all the respect and attention of leading the nation, but does nothing to earn it.

He wants to carry on thinking the rules that everyone else has to live by don't apply to him.

Operation Save Big Dog: Boris Johnson draws up plan for officials to quit over partygate so he can keep job | The Independent

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Johnson thinks that he's so special he's worthy of setting up a plan to to chuck officials under the bus so that he can save his own skin. 

Egotistical Johnson has called this plan 'Operation Save Big Dog'. That's how he thinks the electorate view him after the spate of recent revelations. A 'big dog'. Loveable, rougish and faithful. Oh really?

When the UK reached the terrible milestone of 100,000 dead due to the virus, he stood at the lectern, and said, 'I of course take full responsibility'.  Now we learn the 'big dog' is nothing more than vermin, a complete scab as he seeks to try to gaslight the dim into thinking he isn't to blame. He wants all the respect and attention of leading the nation, but does nothing to earn it.

He wants to carry on thinking the rules that everyone else has to live by don't apply to him.

Operation Save Big Dog: Boris Johnson draws up plan for officials to quit over partygate so he can keep job | The Independent

He’s rancid M, the longer he stays in power the more toxic the Tories look. The problem is who’s going to replace him, this mob of Tories are devoid of serious politicians.

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Throwing members of the civil service under a bus in an attempt to save Boris is an incredibly short sighted move by the Conservatives. Do they really want every parliamentary civil servant recording every tiny little thing any member of the party says so they can potentially use it as a defence if an attempt is made to do the same to them?

6 minutes ago, altus said:

Throwing members of the civil service under a bus in an attempt to save Boris is an incredibly short sighted move by the Conservatives. Do they really want every parliamentary civil servant recording every tiny little thing any member of the party says so they can potentially use it as a defence if an attempt is made to do the same to them?

Dennis Skinner had em weighed up. “When posh boys are in trouble, they sack the servants".

Edited by Mister Gee

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Isn't it civil servants who have allegedly organised these alleged so called parties?   

The anti Tory Mob / anti Boris Mob / anti Democratic mob are always ringing LBC with alleged heartbreaking stories. It's the media who are guilty of inflicting pain on the genuine bereaved. 

For any young uns on here, this is what’s known as a deranged lunatic.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The anti Tory Mob / anti Boris Mob / anti Democratic mob are always ringing LBC with alleged heartbreaking stories. It's the media who are guilty of inflicting pain on the genuine bereaved. 

It will be good for Labour if Boris stays as leader!

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Isn't it civil servants who have allegedly organised these alleged so called parties?

MPs, rightly, delegate admin activities to civil servants all the time - that's partly what civil servant are for. The PM sets the tone for what happens at No 10, if Boris had made it clear there were to be no parties during lockdown, there shouldn't have been any. You'll note the conspicuous absence of Tory MPs claiming parties were held against the PM wishes - a bit difficult when Boris attended at least one of them and we don't know how many other MPs attended them.

The "anti Tory Mob" like the Royal Sutton Coldfield Conservative Association? Sutton Coldfield Tories vote unanimously against PM.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

He’s rancid M, the longer he stays in power the more toxic the Tories look. The problem is who’s going to replace him, this mob of Tories are devoid of serious politicians.

That last sentence is  near the truth

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

It will be good for Labour if Boris stays as leader!

The Only chance they have 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

That last sentence is  near the truth

The Only chance they have 

Indeed hackey. 

6 minutes ago, altus said:

You'll note the conspicuous absence of Tory MPs claiming parties were held against the PM wishes - a bit difficult when Boris attended at least one of them and we don't know how many other MPs attended them.

Dishi Rshi will have been looking out of the window of number 11; but the next PM could well be an outsider.