The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Up until recently, the message to the poor was to 'get on your bike' and 'work your way out of poverty'.

Since the penny dropped that that's what the vast majority of the poor have always done, the Tories have supported various interventions such as top ups, in work benefits, modest rises in minimum wages etc. Sometimes they have to be dragged kicking and screaming, e.g. Marcus Rashford's intervention during the lockdown about food poverty.

I suspect that the 'entrepreneur' Molly-Mae Hague articulated what some Tories would love to say on the issue, but daren't:

Molly-Mae Hague criticised for ‘gross’ and ‘tone deaf’ comments on wealth inequality | The Independent

Molly Mae Hague , come on M , you’re better than that .

Just now, hackey lad said:

Molly Mae Hague , come on M , you’re better than that .

Well Tory MPs like Andrew Rosindell seems to agree with her.

Rosindell on £20 uplift to UC: "I think there are people that quite like getting the extra £20 but maybe they don’t need it."

Rosindell, on banning MPs from 2nd jobs: “We have to realise we have human beings who have families & responsibilities”

4 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

That's the RPI and not the CPI. The CPI is the main measure of inflation and is now the international accepted way of how it is calculated to meet international standards. The RPI rate is 7.1% but the CPI is 5.1%.

They use the measure that suits them best.

State Pensions will be increased by 3.1 percent next year, it has been confirmed.

Just think how much better off pensioners would be if they used RPI instead of CPI.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well Tory MPs like Andrew Rosindell seems to agree with her.

Rosindell on £20 uplift to UC: "I think there are people that quite like getting the extra £20 but maybe they don’t need it."

Rosindell, on banning MPs from 2nd jobs: “We have to realise we have human beings who have families & responsibilities”

Whether anyone agrees with her , is here nor there . What does Katie Price have to say , or Rylan 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Whether anyone agrees with her , is here nor there . What does Katie Price have to say , or Rylan 

It's not who she is that's objectionable, it's her views. And as I say there is a long list of right wingers whose views are Dickensian.

Look at Rosindell

Edited by Mister M

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

They use the measure that suits them best.

No they use what is the international way of calculating it so it can then be easily compared with other countries in Europe and the EU as a whole as they calculate it the same way.

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's not who she is that's objectionable, it's her views. And as I say there is a long list of right wingers whose views are Dickensian.

Look at Rosindell

True that , sadly true.

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

No they use what is the international way of calculating it so it can then be easily compared with other countries in Europe and the EU as a whole as they calculate it the same way.

What is your opinion of our untrustworthy PM?

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

What is your opinion of our untrustworthy PM?

To use an often used political phrase, no comment! In anycase, what has that to do with calculating inflation?

3 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

To use an often used political phrase, no comment! In anycase, what has that to do with calculating inflation?

Isn't that used more often in police custody. Perhaps Johnson and his cronies might like to get used to saying it.

Guest sibon
14 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Well, Johnson's government and Tory governments before his, have stoked the inflationary furnace. What you are currently seeing is a direct result of 12 years of Tory governance.

I asked the question, because Johnson is the PM. His authority is in question. I thought I'd seek your opinion as you've championed him in the past.

I can understand you being coy though. It's a bit like the situation that Corbynite Labour members find themselves in.

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Isn't that used more often in police custody. Perhaps Johnson and his cronies might like to get used to saying it.

There is a fair bit of no commenting going on at the moment.

A deafening silence.

Edited by sibon

11 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well, Johnson's government and Tory governments before his, have stoked the inflationary furnace. What you are currently seeing is a direct result of 12 years of Tory governance.

No, its a direct result of the covid pandemic. That is why inflation is going up globally and by around the same margin and it's only happened since covid started to take effect.

Edited by Dromedary