The Conservative Party - Part Two.

24 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He's not lying if he believes the gatherings were not parties.  The email doesn't describe the meeting in the Downing Street garden as a party.  The media and the opposition parties are labelling these gatherings as parties for political point scoring purposes.

I'm not defending anyone. Unlike the anti Tory mob I've got an open mind and use logic when I make my contributions.

It was against the rules.

The rules they made.

The rules people in this country abided by when they were burying family members.

His smirking when he was asked today by a journalist if he attended this party says it all.

He's never grown up from the schoolboy at Eton, about who his school teacher wrote "Boris doesn't think the rules should apply to him".

He's never had to get better as a person because everything has fallen into his lap, and there's people like you mug enough to make excuses for him.

How can you keep defending Boris.  He can't give a straight answer. If he was just truthful with people we wouldn't have to go through all of this.

2 hours ago, sibon said:

Camilla Tominey disagrees with you. This is from a rather furious piece in The Telegraph"

"As one veteran Tory, a Johnson loyalist, explained: “We had the whole Owen Paterson affair and then we had the parties. And it’s worse than before Christmas because Christmas was supposed to draw a line. Now we are having to deal with the sheer idiocy of an email to 100 people effectively saying: ‘Let’s break the rules’. It’s beyond comprehension, really."

One of the Tories biggest individual donors isnt happy with Boris either

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59956939

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

One of the Tories biggest individual donors isnt happy with Boris either

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59956939

Sadly, I think it is all over for Johnson.  I say sadly, because he's such a liability now that Labour must be praying that he clings on.

Westie might pretend that he's never heard of Camilla Tominey, but when she's calling for his head, he's in proper bother. The signals are all there, senior Tories, major donors and prominent establishment journalists all openly questioning his future.

Meanwhile, he's in hiding, waiting for a civil servant to tell him if he went to a party in his own garden.

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

He's never had to get better as a person because everything has fallen into his lap

Precisely. Whatever the opposite of character building is, that's Johnson's whole life. This is the point of private education of course; if you can afford £15,000 per half term, your mediocre child gets the opportunity to 'achieve' far beyond the limits of their ability.

Edited by Delbow

23 minutes ago, sibon said:

Sadly, I think it is all over for Johnson.  I say sadly, because he's such a liability now that Labour must be praying that he clings on.

Westie might pretend that he's never heard of Camilla Tominey, but when she's calling for his head, he's in proper bother. The signals are all there, senior Tories, major donors and prominent establishment journalists all openly questioning his future.

Meanwhile, he's in hiding, waiting for a civil servant to tell him if he went to a party in his own garden.

I had to double-take at that denial by West 77.

Guest sibon
40 minutes ago, horribleblob said:

I had to double-take at that denial by West 77.

I think he's probably got a few pictures of her on his walls😀

6 hours ago, Dromedary said:

Maybe because they are not actual rule breaches so I will await any outcome and judgement of any inquiry and not just the media judgement.

Why are the Metropolitan Police in contact with the cabinet office over this matter if there aren't any potential breaches in laws, never mind rules?

Met Police in contact with Cabinet Office over reports of lockdown-breaking Downing Street party | The Independent

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Why are the Metropolitan Police in contact with the cabinet office over this matter if there aren't any potential breaches in laws, never mind rules?

Met Police in contact with Cabinet Office over reports of lockdown-breaking Downing Street party | The Independent

Because of headline you posted ?

Apparently the Daily Telegraph tomorrow has details of more boozy parties, this time at Christmas 2020.

Even the Telegraph wants Johnson flushed down the toilet with the rest of the waste.

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Apparently the Daily Telegraph tomorrow has details of more boozy parties, this time at Christmas 2020.

Even the Telegraph wants Johnson flushed down the toilet with the rest of the waste.

You can get a three month subscription to the DT for three quid if you try. Easy to cancel online too.

Might be the best three quid you've ever spent to watch them setting the attack dogs onto Johnson.

It's nothing to do with parties though. They just think that he's too left wing😀

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Think the large Lady is warming up her vocal chords .

He's toast.