The Conservative Party - Part Two.

A massive error of judgement in sending out such an invitation when the public expect an example to be set which can not be misinterpreted..

I do not think it is the Conservative party which is at fault but individual member/s of the party administration who issued the invitation.

Higher  standards from our leaders are expected and as a result evaluating acceptance of such an invitation is important.

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

The word party wasn't used in the email.  The words used were socially distance, drinks and garden.  The Downing Street garden is an outside space used for work purposes.  It's only old washerwomen and the media who are trying to make out this was a party. 

And it's only toadying grovellers that try to excuse Boris Johnson and his minions from every crime and misdemeanor they commit.

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

im saying youre being conned and youre accepting any **** they throw at you, they dont even hide it anymore they dont need to

To me it sounds like you are saying, I should know my place 

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

To me it sounds like you are saying, I should know my place 

I think you know your place tbh, and obliging happily while they **** from a great height onto you

If you invite 100 people round to your gaff and tell them to “ bring a bottle”,  you’re having a party . End of. 

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I think you know your place tbh, and obliging happily while they **** from a great height onto you

I think I know who is better running the country 

5 minutes ago, atticus said:

If you invite 100 people round to your gaff and tell them to “ bring a bottle”,  you’re having a party . End of. 

Hmmm... :huh:

I suppose that would depend on if they each bring a bottle...

... or if they bring one between them? :hihi:

7 minutes ago, atticus said:

And many around Westminster would have heard about it, but its only now that there is proof, that the press have the email.

It would have enboldened others to break the rules.

15 minutes ago, atticus said:

It was the bangin Drum and Bass booming out that alerted people to a massive party in westminster

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

It was the bangin Drum and Bass booming out that alerted people to a massive party in westminster

Was Gove there ?

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

More probably a string quartet.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The Guardian are reminding people that on the day of this party, culture secretary Oliver Dowden was reminding the British public “You can meet one person outside of your household in an outdoor, public place provided that you stay 2 metres apart.”

But it's not an outdoor public place as I have previously flagged up in a past post. The BBC has this in a part on their site about what rules Downing Street may have broken.

"However, lawyers have noted that Downing Street is not a public place."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59577129

No matter how much mud the Guardian flings at the Conservatives over the past several years none of it has stuck. We will have to rename Boris as Teflon Boris, but it somehow  doesn't have the same ring as Teflon Tony though!