The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

They didn’t though but thank you for agreeing that the Tories have.

Still a very colourful place 

8 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

They didn’t though but thank you for agreeing that the Tories have.

I never said the Tories had, just that Labour would have. 

It appears to me that the Tory’s biggest ally is the Labour left, they consider Bojo a joke of a PM, however appear to support a leadership election, I’m no expert on such matters but shouldn’t they be better keeping schtum? 

Also they rubbish all Brexit supporters, don’t they realise that a lot of Labour supporters voted to leave the EU?

Rayner ran rings round Johnson at yesterday's PMQs, prompting him to resort to his default position of telling porkie-pies, i.e. that he never said inflation would not be a problem...until Sky posted last October's interview with Pinocchio, saying..."Inflation would not be a problem."

What an utter twit!

11 hours ago, crookesey said:

It appears to me that the Tory’s biggest ally is the Labour left, they consider Bojo a joke of a PM, however appear to support a leadership election, I’m no expert on such matters but shouldn’t they be better keeping schtum? 

Also they rubbish all Brexit supporters, don’t they realise that a lot of Labour supporters voted to leave the EU?

The majority of Labour party supporters regard Starmer as neither fish nor fowl.

Half think he's simply a Tory in sheeps clothing.

The other half think he's simply ineffective as a leader.

Both are right.  

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Ouch :clap:

Do you think Boris pinched his biscuits ?

53 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Do you think Boris pinched his biscuits ?

Perhaps he pinched his daughter's bum, or perhaps it's an honest assessment from someone who knows Johnson personally, and judges him to be completely unfit for the office he holds.

Edited by Mister M

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Perhaps he pinched his daughter's bum, or perhaps it's an honest assessment from someone who knows Johnson personally, and judges him to be completely unfit for the office he holds.

Maybe . but not the daughter bit 

Edited by hackey lad

On 08/01/2022 at 15:51, West 77 said:

Starmer has more chance of ever being Prime Minister than the previous Labour leader did. The truth is Starmer is a step forward for the Labour party unlike Corbyn who was more than one step backwards for them.

However Starmer is a step backwards for the people he proposes to serve. He does not have their interests at heart unlike Corbyn, nor is he willing to fight for them so what's the point of him becoming Prime Minister?

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

However Starmer is a step backwards for the people he proposes to serve. He does not have their interests at heart unlike Corbyn, nor is he willing to fight for them so what's the point of him becoming Prime Minister?

Define these "people".  He's not perfect by a long chalk, but I would certainly vote Labour again now he's at the helm.

12 hours ago, Anna B said:

step backwards - Why

people he proposes to serve - Who

does not have their interests at hear t - which interests

unlike Corbyn - who drove Labour voters away so much they voted Conservative and lost 2 GE's

so what's the point of him becoming Prime Minister? - Because, if he became PM then Labour could actually have power and be able to make changes to the system instead of sitting on its backside waving a paper in the HoC doing absolutely nothing like it has done for the last 50 years