The Conservative Party - Part Two.

20 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Touche 

😂

19 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

My MP, Miriam Cates, has just voted against Vaccine Passports and as such guaranteed my vote. And I have never voted Tory before. That is how angry I am, I will never forget what Labour did today.

And I'll never forget that Miriam Coates MP voted to allow water companies to dump untreated raw sewage back in the rivers.

Maybe if you didn't continually spout raw untreated sewage, we wouldn't have to suffer it being released into our water supply ?

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And I'll never forget that Miriam Coates MP voted to allow water companies to dump untreated raw sewage back in the rivers.

Maybe if you didn't continually spout raw untreated sewage, we wouldn't have to suffer it being released into our water supply ?

Not very often I agree with you Joker but this time have this  :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Like inconvenient and cited facts (for pro suppressionists) ?

Like these ? :

Do masks and vaccine passports prevent Covid illness and deaths ? (3 Dec 21)

England : No mask mandate since July (to 30th Nov), no vaccine passport (to 10th Dec)
Scotland : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 1st Oct (enforced since 18th Oct)
Wales : Mask mandate still in force from last year, vaccine passport since 11th Oct

Patients in hospital with a positive Covid test per million popn (on 3rd Dec 21, the last date for which the change in mandate cannot have had any effect)
England : 103.7
Scotland : 118.5
Wales : 141.3

Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive Covid test
Last date for which full data is available is 26 Nov for Eng and Scot and 25 Nov for Wales.
Number of deaths 7 day average / per million popn =
England = 95.4 / 1.69
Scotland = 10.6 / 1.93
Wales = 5.7 / 1.78

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not very often I agree with you Joker but this time have this  :thumbsup:

And that is because you have a blinkered mind.

Edited by Chekhov

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

The Daily Mirror have been at it again. 🤣

https://www.mirror.co.uk

" Image shows raucous and packed Christmas party "  , Raucous really ?  When are they going to show the Parties with headline Tories in them ?  If they have them 

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

" Image shows raucous and packed Christmas party "  , Raucous really ?  When are they going to show the Parties with headline Tories in them ?  If they have them 

Yep I was just laughing about that myself. The Daily Mirror as well and truly on one with this.   Dont know what their definition of raucous party is - but all I see is about 20 people stood around a very dull looking buffet. It's a sort of thing our office had regularly during many a lunchtime.

Goodness sake it is obvious these people are at work. They are hardly dressed up for a night on the booze, drugs and debauchery.

The press are really starting to overcook this and it's making themselves look ridiculous.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Strange times.

Nearly 100 rebellious Tories,and Johnson has the total support of Labour.

And then we have Thursdays by election.

All very interesting.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yep I was just laughing about that myself. The Daily Mirror as well and truly on one with this.   Dont know what their definition of raucous party is - but all I see is about 20 people stood around a very dull looking buffet. It's a sort of thing our office had regularly during many a lunchtime.

Goodness sake it is obvious these people are at work. They are hardly dressed up for a night on the booze, drugs and debauchery.

The press are really starting to overcook this and it's making themselves look ridiculous.

Really? You looked at that picture, and thought - "yeah, that's fine, we did that". In December 2020 you got the caterers in and huddled together for a works group photo in December 2020? 

And they're hardly going to get dressed up for it either. 

34 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Really? You looked at that picture, and thought - "yeah, that's fine, we did that". In December 2020 you got the caterers in and huddled together for a works group photo in December 2020? 

And they're hardly going to get dressed up for it either. 

The point is the ridiculous overhyped sensationalism applied by the newspaper. They are describing it as a "raucous party" which it clearly was not.

A tiny gathering of colleages who were already in the workplace and had been no doubt for several days before and after the event does not make some national scandal.  At the time of this alleged debauchery London was in Tier 2. Yes yes we know about mixed household rules applying to domestic circumstances but let's not forget that under Tier 2, bars pubs restaurants, retail, indoor leisure, accommodation, personal services and entertainment venues were all still open. 

The so-called great scandal of a buffet in the office kitchen with a small number of colleagues is nothing more than pot stirring by a desperate tabloid looking for a scalp.

6 hours ago, RJRB said:

Strange times.

Nearly 100 rebellious Tories,and Johnson has the total support of Labour.

And then we have Thursdays by election.

All very interesting.

Another way of looking at this is, it's just politics. 

99 Tory MP's saying, Boris we still love you, you are our 'Golden Boy' who delivered a killer blow to the Labour Party with a massive majority BUT if you carry on down the road you're heading, you'll loose us the next Gen. Election, so reel it in a bit & get back on track.