The Conservative Party - Part Two.

16 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Loads of Tories ringing in Nick Ferrari now absolutely fuming that not only have they been lied to, but they feel like they're being laughed at and mocked

............as are a number on here, and even that is a waste of time and energy. 

Behind it all is a feeling of deep sadness that we , as counrty, have fallen so far.

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Bless em. You just have to bless the anti Tory mob.              

You  are adopting the same patronising airs of the worst sort of Tories,and it doesn’t wash with many,including a fair number of reasonable Tories who see their party made a laughing stock under Johnson

Edited by RJRB

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Bless em. You just have to bless the anti Tory mob.              

Do you? It's very nice to have your blessings West, but Johnson and his ministers are having a new one ripped everyday, mainly by their own supporters.

The anti Tory mob knew early on that Johnson was mendacious, venal and self serving, but now it's dawning on their own supporters. 

Hi everyone, I'm new to this political post.  I hope my offerings are accepted

As a politically balanced person ( I hope), I always wait to hear more from various news outlets and interviews, as the days go by, before believing and forming an opinion on what I hear and read.  This is mainly because the first, often biased, rage in these highly charged times of post Brexit/Covid/ General Election run up etc is usually generated from the left or Shadow Govt and their celebrity and media supporters, and often twists contexts and facts to try to achieve a 'first hard blow counts more' in the minds of the swing sheep voters (ref Animal Farm).  Which let's face it is what this is really all about. I say swing voters because hardened Labour and Tory voters just sit back and smile at the tactics employed, and their minds are made up on voting, probably from childhood. However not everyone has the benefit of a good education, and in the right subjects, to be able to understand the differences between the two main parties' fundamental political objectives. which are diametrically opposed. 

Therefore I would always recommend waiting to hear all facts before blindly believing what newspapers and news media programmes say,  particularly ultra leftist Sky presenters jumping onto this topic with acid wit when they themselves held a well publicised private 60th birthday party during actual lockdown. Such is the hypocracy of the media.

It is a case of "Ye who are without sin cast the first stone" on Covid Christmas or other partying during tier 3 or full lockdown restrictions, at any time.

For myself, at present I believe it may be a "While the cat's away..." moment.  Boris and the Cabinet members may not have known about a party if it was held under the banner of a 'staff meeting'.  Civil servants are canny folk who could easily pull a party together under the noses of busy MPs after hours.  Civil servants are inherited by incoming Governments, with odd bods replaced as time goes on etc, but they run the offices and various supporting roles and the Gov't in office rely on them to do their jobs and obey the rules. No matter who is in Gov't this is the fact. So there is always a mix of left and right leaning civil servants at any one time in Gov't offices, giving supporting roles, including in Downing Street.  It was only a matter of time before one of the hundreds of 'staff meetings' held across civil servantdom at Christmas in Covid times was outed by a left leaning civil servant when the time was considered right, given today's number of mobile phone cameras.  The difference is, the Labour party when in office or not, are much better and more ruthless at  preventing such parties getting outed.  There will be some sweating going on now, believe me.

On the Boris front, I believe Boris was just kept on after his Brexit winning antics, which the left and right Brexiteers seemed to love.  He will be replaced as soon as a credible replacement can be found.  Rishi is my bet, but it is not the right time yet as he is doing too good a job on the economy. Boris is just keeping his seat warm.

Guest makapaka
8 minutes ago, Def Cougar said:

particularly ultra leftist Sky presenters

Stopped reading at this point….

Not a balanced approach then?

Statements of fact, she doesn't hide her leanings.

I wonder what dead cat they'll be wheeling out this time 🙄

The party obviously happened. Johnson's obviously lying. People are obviously angry. Will it persuade Tory voters to vote Labour at the next election? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

I wonder what dead cat they'll be wheeling out this time 🙄

Maybe one that they airlifted from Kabul, while leaving people who had helped UK forces to be killed by the Taliban.

1 hour ago, Def Cougar said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this political post.  I hope my offerings are accepted

As a politically balanced person ( I hope), I always wait to hear more from various news outlets and interviews, as the days go by, before believing and forming an opinion on what I hear and read.  This is mainly because the first, often biased, rage in these highly charged times of post Brexit/Covid/ General Election run up etc is usually generated from the left or Shadow Govt and their celebrity and media supporters, and often twists contexts and facts to try to achieve a 'first hard blow counts more' in the minds of the swing sheep voters (ref Animal Farm).  Which let's face it is what this is really all about. I say swing voters because hardened Labour and Tory voters just sit back and smile at the tactics employed, and their minds are made up on voting, probably from childhood. However not everyone has the benefit of a good education, and in the right subjects, to be able to understand the differences between the two main parties' fundamental political objectives. which are diametrically opposed. 

Therefore I would always recommend waiting to hear all facts before blindly believing what newspapers and news media programmes say,  particularly ultra leftist Sky presenters jumping onto this topic with acid wit when they themselves held a well publicised private 60th birthday party during actual lockdown. Such is the hypocracy of the media.

It is a case of "Ye who are without sin cast the first stone" on Covid Christmas or other partying during tier 3 or full lockdown restrictions, at any time.

For myself, at present I believe it may be a "While the cat's away..." moment.  Boris and the Cabinet members may not have known about a party if it was held under the banner of a 'staff meeting'.  Civil servants are canny folk who could easily pull a party together under the noses of busy MPs after hours.  Civil servants are inherited by incoming Governments, with odd bods replaced as time goes on etc, but they run the offices and various supporting roles and the Gov't in office rely on them to do their jobs and obey the rules. No matter who is in Gov't this is the fact. So there is always a mix of left and right leaning civil servants at any one time in Gov't offices, giving supporting roles, including in Downing Street.  It was only a matter of time before one of the hundreds of 'staff meetings' held across civil servantdom at Christmas in Covid times was outed by a left leaning civil servant when the time was considered right, given today's number of mobile phone cameras.  The difference is, the Labour party when in office or not, are much better and more ruthless at  preventing such parties getting outed.  There will be some sweating going on now, believe me.

On the Boris front, I believe Boris was just kept on after his Brexit winning antics, which the left and right Brexiteers seemed to love.  He will be replaced as soon as a credible replacement can be found.  Rishi is my bet, but it is not the right time yet as he is doing too good a job on the economy. Boris is just keeping his seat warm.

No you're not. Stop lying. Oh welcome back by the way.

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No you're not. Stop lying. Oh welcome back by the way.

Come on M , who is it ?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Carry on dreaming. It's two years tomorrow (day of week) that Boris won an eighty seat majority. If there was a general election tomorrow the result would be more or less the same.

Seriously you really believe that.  The amount of negative press Boris has had recently.  How many more times does he have to fail before you accept he's not up to job.