The Conservative Party - Part Two.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You seen the waiting lists for help with mental health? Thanks to the Tory cuts it's virtually non existent....

Own goal mate.

There are alternatives. I'm not playing football, and I'm not your mate.

16 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

There are alternatives. I'm not playing football, and I'm not your mate.

What alternative's would those be?

See Angie Rayner is next on the conveyor belt writing letters and demanding investigations . Just seems like a muck flinging exercise , hoping some might stick 

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

You seen the waiting lists for help with mental health? Thanks to the Tory cuts it's virtually non existent....

Own goal mate.

Anne,

please do not frighten people, in y experience mental health services exist in Sheffield.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Anne,

please do not frighten people, in y experience mental health services exist in Sheffield.

Anna only does that on Halloween..........................................................................(sorry Anna, you know I love you)

39 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

See Angie Rayner is next on the conveyor belt writing letters and demanding investigations . Just seems like a muck flinging exercise , hoping some might stick 

Well I'm no Labour lover but many, (including me), were quick to jump on Corbyn when he was caught out at a dinner party back in 2020, during the stricter Covid rules. 

My only gripe with this story is the length of time it's taken to surface.  It would have had more impact at the time.  Only reason I can see that it's come out this week is due to a by-election tomorrow?

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Well I'm no Labour lover but many, (including me), were quick to jump on Corbyn when he was caught out at a dinner party back in 2020, during the stricter Covid rules. 

My only gripe with this story is the length of time it's taken to surface.  It would have had more impact at the time.  Only reason I can see that it's come out this week is due to a by-election tomorrow?

Wheres the by election ?

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Wheres the by election ?

Old Bexley & Sidcup. 

https://news.sky.com/story/old-bexley-and-sidcup-voters-casting-ballots-in-by-election-sparked-by-death-of-former-cabinet-minister-james-brokenshire-12484441

Clearly mischief makers, the unnamed sources of the story are hoping to reduce the Tory vote. 

Edited by Baron99

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Old Bexley & Sidcup. 

https://news.sky.com/story/old-bexley-and-sidcup-voters-casting-ballots-in-by-election-sparked-by-death-of-former-cabinet-minister-james-brokenshire-12484441

Clearly mischief makers, the unnamed sources of the story are hoping to reduce the Tory vote. 

thanks 

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Anne,

I have no intention of frightening people but do have some experience of mental health provision, and I can assure you it is not good.

When they closed the old asylums for community care the intentions were good but the community care wasn't. With all the cuts it has got worse and worse ever since. Half the homeless people on the streets are the evidence of that: unable to cope but unable to get the help they need. The sad thing is they are too ill to help themselves or to access the care they need as it requires enormous determination and stamina to fight for it, stamina which they don't have. 

18 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I have no intention of frightening people but do have some experience of mental health provision, and I can assure you it is not good.

When they closed the old asylums for community care the intentions were good but the community care wasn't. With all the cuts it has got worse and worse ever since. Half the homeless people on the streets are the evidence of that: unable to cope but unable to get the help they need. The sad thing is they are too ill to help themselves or to access the care they need as it requires enormous determination and stamina to fight for it, stamina which they don't have. 

Not sure the intentions went much beyond the phrase "Care In The Community" - when many Middlewood wards were closed in the mid/late  80's, community care consisted of giving people their wordly belongings in a carrier bag and their bus fare into the city centre with directions to the homeless hostels on Gell Street and Upper Hanover Street.

Similar to the "Patients First" initiative in the NHS at the same time - which was all about a new management structure with armies of accountants.

/ history lesson about caring Tory governments.

There is help for people with mental health problems in Sheffield whether it is by home visits or hospital admission.