The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Two Tory local election gains. Surprising considering the low level of support for them at the moment.

Labour lost 2 seats in Midlands local council elections yesterday.

https://www.politics.co.uk/news-in-brief/labour-lose-2-seats-in-midlands-local-council-elections/

Didn’t see that on the news 

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Two Tory local election gains. Surprising considering the low level of support for them at the moment.

There is always a national influence, maybe it was down to local issues?

4 hours ago, steve68 said:

seriously ? 

yeah why have facts when random dog s....t will do 

I was responding to El Cid's post and he was joking, so was I.

What's the emoji for sarcasm?  

On 18/11/2021 at 13:27, Carbuncle said:

If this reasoning held water then we could improve on Dacre by appointing half a red cabbage as head of Ofcom. It would be cheaper, the optics would be better and half a red cabbage would be just as good at carrying out the 'executive function' as envisaged by @Tony .

Now moving on: Stanley Johnson, wtf or as the Red Tops would put it "Sexual Assault: Johnson Exposed".

A No 10 spokesman has declined to comment describing Stanley Johnson as a private citizen. Curiously, both alleged assaults occurred at Conservative Party conferences and Stanley Johnson was a Conservative parliamentary candidate at the time of the first alleged assault so 'private citizen' seems disingenuous.

I see that the dim Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries has rejected claims made by fellow Tory MP Caroline Nokes that Stanley Johnson slapped her on the backside. She bases this on the fact that she has known Stanley Johnson for many years, and has never made any sexual advances towards her.

:roll:

27 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I see that the dim Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries has rejected claims made by fellow Tory MP Caroline Nokes that Stanley Johnson slapped her on the backside. She bases this on the fact that she has known Stanley Johnson for many years, and has never made any sexual advances towards her.

A small correction: Nadine Dorries' quote (at least according to the BBC) was actually ambiguous:

"I have known Stanley for 15 years. He is a gentleman. It never happened to me. Maybe there is something wrong with me."

In reference to the last sentence:

(1) Is she ruing the fact that a possible sex pest in her circle may not find her attractive: or

(2) Deciding Stanley Johnson cannot be a sex pest because he didn't assault her; or

(3) Accepting in a rare moment of self-awareness that her powers of logical deduction may have failed during the first three sentences of the quote.

Ms Dorries certainly delivered good value with this particular quote.

Edited by Carbuncle

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Nadine Dorries certainly isn't dim.  The lady is quite entitled to defend Stanley Johnson. Nadine Dorries is certainly more qualified to judge Stanley Johnson than you are.

On the basis of what she's said she certainly makes a good job of appearing dim.

She certainly is more qualified to judge Johnson than me; though not as qualified as Caroline Nokes.

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

On the basis of what she's said she certainly makes a good job of appearing dim.

She certainly is more qualified to judge Johnson than me; though not as qualified as Caroline Nokes.

Or Ailbhe Rea, a journalist who also claims to have been groped by Johnson.

35 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Nadine Dorries certainly isn't dim.  The lady is quite entitled to defend Stanley Johnson. Nadine Dorries is certainly more qualified to judge Stanley Johnson than you are.

She's the female version of Gavin Williamson.

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

She's the female version of Gavin Williamson.

Are you trying to say Stanley Johnson has never assaulted Williamson and Williamson is prepared to make unwarranted inferences from this fact?

Doesn't this relate to an alleged incident in 2003.

24 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Are you trying to say Stanley Johnson has never assaulted Williamson and Williamson is prepared to make unwarranted inferences from this fact?

I’ve not got you weighed up yet pal but I do get the feeling Dorries is the ultimate Tory apologist. If she was married to a Tory MP who was caught red handed full on at it in a dungeon sex club she would only be too willing to stand by her husband as she tells the media outside their huge gaff that it was all a misunderstanding and he was simply having his trousers tailored by a kind stranger.

Edited by Mister Gee

Seems to me Nadine Dorries was just giving an opinion on what behaviour she would expect from someone she had known for a long time.

Edited by harvey19