The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Dozy Dorries is back in the headlines again. Not for eating an ostrich anus on TV, but for this pearler in front of the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee :

Addressing how the government is considering selling off the channel after opening a public consultation into its future, Dorries said: “I would argue that to say that, just because Channel 4′s been established as a public service broadcaster and just because it’s in receipt of public money, we should never audit the future of Channel 4 and we should never evaluate how Channel 4 looks in the future and whether or not it’s a sustainable and viable model.

“It’s quite right that the government should do that.”

Fellow Tory MP Damien Green then frowned and said: “Channel 4 is not like the BBC it’s not in receipt of license fee money.”

Channel 4 does not receive any public funding but relies on its commercial activities, mostly its advertising revenue.

She replied: “And...so... though it’s...yeah and that...”

Dorries is one of the leading figures who will decide the future of Channel 4 in the upcoming months.

Mmm . You seem to be obsessed with Nadine eating ostrich anus . You mention it all the time. Are you jealous ?

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Mmm . You seem to be obsessed with Nadine eating ostrich anus . You mention it all the time. Are you jealous ?

No, I'm much more interested in why the Culture Secretary thinks that Channel 4 receives public money when in fact they don't. Do you think that she should know this given her job title.

Also of interest is the complete non reaction of the Tory press to her latest howler . Had this been Diane Abbott there would have been numerous threads dedicated to such a mistake. I'm just redressing the balance.

With regards to Dorries eating an ostrich anus, well it's hardly something everyone can claim credit to have done, and it's what most people know her for.... Perhaps you can add your thoughts to the substantive point of the post. 

Edited by Mister M

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

No, I'm much more interested in why the Culture Secretary thinks that Channel 4 receives public money when in fact they don't. Do you think that she should know this given her job title.

Also of interest is the complete non reaction of the Tory press to her latest howler . Had this been Diane Abbott there would have been numerous threads dedicated to such a mistake. I'm just redressing the balance.

With regards to Dorries eating an ostrich anus, well it's hardly something everyone can claim credit to have done.... Perhaps you can add your thoughts to the substantive point of the post. 

I think she was confused but given she’s one hot momma, I will forgive her and forgive her for the anus 

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I think she was confused but given she’s one hot momma, and she's a Tory, I will forgive her and forgive her for the anus 

I think she's often 'confused', or drunk at the dispatch box, as she was on occasion when she was in her previous role as a junior Health Minister. 

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think she's often 'confused', or drunk at the dispatch box, as she was on occasion when she was in her previous role as a junior Health Minister. 

Please don’t edit my posts , it’s not becoming. I had you down as a decent man 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Please don’t edit my posts , it’s not becoming. I had you down as a decent man 

So a minister in a Government you support gets caught not understanding the basics of her brief, eats an animal anus on telly, and you forgive her. I merely edit your post to insert something obvious, and you come over all prim and proper, and call me out for not being 'becoming'. 

Okay Hacks, sorry I shouldn't have edited your post. Dorries being a Tory has absolutely nothing to do with your decision to forgive her :hihi:

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

So a minister in a Government you support gets caught not understanding the basics of her brief, eats an animal anus on telly, and you forgive her. I merely edit your post to insert something obvious, and you come over all prim and proper, and call me out for not being 'becoming'. 

Okay Hacks, sorry I shouldn't have edited your post. Dorries being a Tory has absolutely nothing to do with your decision to forgive her :hihi:

Animal anus again , oy vey.  Don’t worry I forgive you for the rest 👍

13 hours ago, altus said:

People can look back through this thread and form their own opinion about that.

The reason I've been trying to guess what you think is because you repeatedly fail to answer questions about topics relevant to the discussion.

Members of the armed forces aren't "held to held to the same standards as everyone else, and enjoy the same employment privileges as everyone else".

Members of the security services aren't "held to the same standards as everyone else, and enjoy the same employment privileges as everyone else".

MPs aren't either.

We can't "keep it simple for this purpose" because it's fundamentally not simple. You can't ignore the additional duties, responsibilities and especially power MPs have when deciding how they should be treated employment wise - any more than you can for members of the security services or armed forces.

MPs are currently treated differently from ordinary citizens, as are some other people. If you want to argue they should be treated the same as ordinary citizens you need to make a case why the status quo should change. You don't get to claim things should be different without explaining why and then claim its up to other people to explain why not.

Enough, I'm out. Let amateur hour reign forever.

41 minutes ago, Tony said:

Gosh Tony, it's getting to be a bit of a theme isn't it! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Flouncing off again 😀

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Gosh Tony, it's getting to be a bit of a theme isn't it! :hihi:

51 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Flouncing off again 😀

How long are we likely to have before he's back?

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

How long are we likely to have before he's back?

I reckon 6 o clock tonight