The Conservative Party - Part Two.

That CBI interview is the latest dead cat, thrown onto one tall mountain of those.

It has you all talking about Johnson’s buffoonery, and no one talking about the social care bill at the HoC and its implications for the NHS and social equality in care.

Mission accomplished for Johnson and his backers 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, L00b said:

That CBI interview is the latest dead cat, thrown onto one tall mountain of those.

It has you all talking about Johnson’s buffoonery, and no one talking about the social care bill at the HoC and its implications for the NHS and social equality in care.

Mission accomplished for Johnson and his backers 👍🏻

Plenty talking about the social care bill and watching developments.

We are not all daft you know.

31 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

He is our fool , other countries have their own fools 

Talk about being damned by feint praise

48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

He is our fool , other countries have their own fools 

He's the fool of people who voted Tory, you can leave the rest of us out of your s//tshow thanks

25 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Plenty talking about the social care bill and watching developments.

We are not all daft you know.

I’m well aware. But how many of you is there…and is it enough?

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

I’m well aware. But how many of you is there…and is it enough?

In Wales and Scotland there are enough, but I genuinely think the English are a lost cause.

Help me out here then.

The Conservatives have increased the tax take to the highest it's been in 70 years, are nationalising whole swathes of industry, have pumped endless amounts of cash into healthcare, given social care it's first defined funding policy in I don't know how long. Gay marriage. Gender recognition. Carbon reduction commitments enshrined in law. Pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Basically, Johnson and his forebears have stolen all of Labour's policies and ideology and you don't like it.

So what should they be doing when they aren't stealing Labour policy?

Edited by Tony

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

Help me out here then.

The Conservatives have increased the tax take to the highest it's been in 70 years, are nationalising whole swathes of industry, have pumped endless amounts of cash into healthcare, given social care it's first defined funding policy in I don't know how long. Gay marriage. Gender recognition. Carbon reduction commitments enshrined in law. Pulled out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Basically, Johnson and his forebears have stolen all of Labour's policies and ideology and you don't like it.

So what should they be doing when they aren't stealing Labour policy?

The funding of public services looks good if you don't look too close. If you look a bit harder, you see that the funding goes through public services and into the pockets of the people the Tories really represent, i.e. large companies. All that extra money for the NHS is largely going to end up with Virgin Health, Alliance, Cygnet, etc. Which wouldn't be so bad if we got good value from that, but the Covid procurement fiasco has shown how little the government care about value for taxpayers. It's a way of giving money to corporations and friends of the Tory party while looking like they believe in public services. Also "whole swathes of industry"? It's not, is it. And the funding policy for social care is nowhere near what is needed and relies on a future government shifting large sums of money from the NHS to social care, which isn't going to happen. There is no long term commitment to social care funding from this government.

@delbow okay, thanks. So you like Conservative policies, but you think they should use public sector employees instead of private sector employees. 

Is that about the size of it?

43 minutes ago, Tony said:

The Conservatives . . . are nationalising whole swathes of industry

What whole swathes ?

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

What whole swathes ?

Them that Maggie got rid off.

Come on fellas, let's have a sensible discussion instead of the usual low-grade sub-intellectual slicing and dicing to score minor and meaningless points. The substance of my posts were quite obvious.