The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Flanker7 said:

This make me so mad.

Details details details, consequences, consequences, consequences, blah , blah, blah.

Just get Brexit done!  The majority of Brexiteers did't care about how it would be done and what the results would be .  The majority of Brexiteers didn't care about Northern Ireland or Fisheries or any of a whole host of details and consequences. 

Just get Brexit done! - It didn't mean anything.

Just a gut reaction to foreigners, to them against us,  to being conservative with a very small 'c'.  Close your eyes and it will be alright in the end. We are already more isolation and have a littler Briton as a result.  

Do you expect any different from supporters of the current Vote Leave government?

Remember that they’re neither conservatives, nor Conservatives. They’re UKIPers, still in thrall to populist personalities rather than policies in the national interest.

39 minutes ago, L00b said:

Do you expect any different from supporters of the current Vote Leave government?

Remember that they’re neither conservatives, nor Conservatives. They’re UKIPers, still in thrall to populist personalities rather than policies in the national interest.

Good point. Which is why you'll never get a cogent, intelligent discussion from them about the consequences of their decision, because it's all based on prejudices and harking back to the past.

Edited by Mister M

33 minutes ago, West 77 said:

More Blah Blah Blah

The truth is there is no justification for any Remain voter to be mad because they were on the losing side of a democratic choice their own people made.  Leave voters are justified if they are made because by rights Article 50 should have been triggered on  Friday the 24th June 2016 by David Cameron.  The triggering of Article 50 was delayed until 29th March 2017 meaning Britain should have officially left the EU on 29th March 2019.  Britain didn't officially leave the EU until 31st January 2020  meaning that Britain stayed in the EU for ten months longer than we should have. If we add the delay in triggering Article 50 that makes approximately 590 days that Britain stayed in the EU extra.  Those 590 days can't ever be brought back. 

Regarding Brexit get done that slogan was on message for what what the majority of the electorate wanted which includes respectable Remain voters which is the reason why Boris and the Tories won the eighty seat majority in the December 2019 general election.

I'm mad that brexit is damaging the country. It didn't need to, and the deal is awful, so awful frost - who signed off on it - wants to change it. Its a mess. 

Boris Johnson today on a visit to Hexham Hospital6189232c2600003c0a3cdbe4.jpeg

What is wrong with this photo?

19 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Boris Johnson today on a visit to Hexham Hospital6189232c2600003c0a3cdbe4.jpeg

What is wrong with this photo?

Nothing wrong with it at all. Nothing. As it's not showing him with a freshly nicked poppy collection tin under his arm, I'd say it shows he's growing as a person.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

More Blah Blah Blah from an undemocratic /anti Brexit / anti Tory loser.

You didn't even read it did you.  Awful.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Good point. Which is why you'll never get a cogent, intelligent discussion from them about the consequences of their decision, because it's all based on prejudices and harking back to the past.

There used to be cogent, intelligent discussions with 1 or 2 of them on here before the referendum. Facts and forecasts were debated and argued with logic more than beliefs, and disagreements were frequent but not acrimonious.

There hasn’t been one since, as even the most articulate proponents of leaving the European club usually hand wave any and all negatives away, ending with a wish for all to accept the situation and move on.

Problem is, of course, that the current conservative government still does not engage with the British public, British voters and devolved assemblies today, than it ever did under Cameron or May, about what everyone should be accepting and moving on with.

So the rigmarole continues, as the cultist subset of ‘Tory’ (cough) idiots currently in charge continue to back themselves into ever tighter a political corner.

That said, I think we’re nearing the end of that wiggle room, though. As I posted in that other thread, it’s looking like patience has finally run out on t’other side of the Channel (and the Irish Sea…dunno about Hadrian’s Wall as they’re still in full-on COP26 coverage). Whether it descends into an economic war with the EU or not, i.e. Frost gets Johnson to either pull that Art.16 lever or u-turn yet again, that’s going to be all sorts of interesting insofar as the British political landscape is concerned.

21 minutes ago, West 77 said:

He's not wearing a mask?

Yep. In the full photo there are 3 others all wearing masks. It's a hospital. It may not be a clinical building, but the people he is with may well be going into clinical areas or interacting with colleagues who do. But hey, they've saved his life so job done eh?

13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The non mask wearing is obvious but he may have been wearing a mask before the photograph was taken and only took the mask off to speak to the media.  

I read the EU referendum ballot paper and placed a tick in the Leave box because that was my democratic choice.

Yes I've just heard that Johnson, when asked by journalists about the sleaze allegations that are besetting his government chose to answer by rambling on about Vaccines. 

I did note that he chose not to charter a plane back to London to take part in the sleaze debate in the Commons today, like he used a private plane back from COP26 last week to go to dinner at a men only private members club.

Edited by Mister M

4 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

Details details details, consequences, consequences, consequences, blah , blah, blah.

Just get Brexit done!  The majority of Brexiteers did't care about how it would be done and what the results would be .  The majority of Brexiteers didn't care about Northern Ireland or Fisheries or any of a whole host of details and consequences. 

The majority people people that voted did care about the end result, but they were told a deal would be easy.

17 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I read the EU referendum ballot paper and placed a tick in the Leave box because that was my democratic choice.

You post 3219 had some realism and analysis to it and garnered some thoughtful responses.

It didn't take you long to  retreat to this (above) rubbish that resorts to the literary equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying blah, blah, blah. This is what passes for debate with most Brexiteers.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

You post 3219 had some realism and analysis to it and garnered some thoughtful responses.

It didn't take you long to  retreat to this (above) rubbish that resorts to the literary equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying blah, blah, blah. This is what passes for debate with most Brexiteers.

There is no debate to be had. The Brexiters won the battle. They are just as certainly losing the war.