The Conservative Party - Part Two.

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

How do you know that I am not a corrupt liar, in it for a shilling ?

You wouldn't be here for starters ;)

And I don't agree with much you say, I just don't think you're a wrong un.  It's not even Conservatism that's completely wrong - the whole work hard to improve yourself isn't a bad ethos to have. The current mob have sailed past that and moved onto helping themselves through corruption and out of my, yours and westie's taxes. 

If you were outed a Conservative mp I'd have to assume you were working an angle to try and eek as much as you can out of the public purse at the detriment of the country. 

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

You wouldn't be here for starters ;)

And I don't agree with much you say, I just don't think you're a wrong un.  It's not even Conservatism that's completely wrong - the whole work hard to improve yourself isn't a bad ethos to have. The current mob have sailed past that and moved onto helping themselves through corruption and out of my, yours and westie's taxes. 

If you were outed a Conservative mp I'd have to assume you were working an angle to try and eek as much as you can out of the public purse at the detriment of the country. 

:thumbsup:

Edited by hackey lad

Don't be surprised if the Tories invoke Article 16 or pick some other fight with the EU  or France in the next few days to deflect the focus  on sleaze / corruption and rally their base because sovereignty innit (honest guv) 😎

Edited by Longcol

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I don't think he will. And he'll win it.

I cannot fathom why, but there we are.

He still might start a war yet, that will finish him off.

What else could be his downfall?

We have had corruption(Jennifer Arcuri and more) by the bucket load, thousands extra deaths and breaking election promises by  taxing the poor(NI increase).

I dont think he will win again, he may be so out of touch to stand again.

55 minutes ago, El Cid said:

He still might start a war yet, that will finish him off.

What else could be his downfall?

We have had corruption(Jennifer Arcuri and more) by the bucket load, thousands extra deaths and breaking election promises by  taxing the poor(NI increase).

I dont think he will win again, he may be so out of touch to stand again.

The polls disagree. After the week he's had, he's gone up a point.

7 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

The polls disagree. After the week he's had, he's gone up a point.

Labour are 15/8 with William Hills, still a good chance

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Carrying on dreaming.  The truth is the majority of Tory MPs didn't want Boris to ever lead the party until the actions of the rogue parliament.  The truth is under Theresa May the Tory party got into a pickle and wouldn't have won a majority in a general election.  The Tory MPs turned to Boris because they knew he was the man to turn their fortunes around and secure victory in a general election. There is no one waiting in the wings to replace Boris who will preform better for the Tory party in the next general election which is why the party will not remove him.  

Too true.

Theresa May got in a pickle because it became obvious that Brexit was a massive mistake and we were in an impossible situation in the negotiations. She is has her integrity and honesty in tact. 

But the Tory party only care about winning and being having power. They will get rid of anyone who has no chance of delivering that, ask Maggie! Honesty and integrity fall victim of that overriding pursuit in the Tory Party. 

They say you can fool some of the people all of the time and fool all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

Thats not true of our democratic system. I just hope that they cannot fool 50% +1 of the people all of the time.

On 06/11/2021 at 20:18, Mister M said:

You see, the conversation was being elevated by a discussion of 'compassionate Conservatism' and the supporters of the Conservative government drag it down by lusting after a minister. 

We know that Dorries isn't very bright, but I wouldn't imagine she'd be happy if people were treating her as nothing more than a hole.

So much for 'compassionate Conservatism'  :roll:

She's not the only politicion being admired for sex appeal!

https://www.huffpost.com/archive/ca/entry/the-real-reason-women-are-gaga-over-trudeau_b_8362144

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Just for completeness, you need 50% + 1 of the electorate to win a referendum such as the EU referendum but don't need that number to win a general election.  

Just what was the "democratic choice the British people made"?

We were sold a pig in a poke and Brexit meant as many different things as there were voters. Many chose to vote for an extra £93  million for the NHS. Many chose to vote to stop people coming across the channel in small boats.  As a result the Government were able to select the type of Brixit that suited them. We are now paying the penalty for that selection. 

I don't want to be pedantic but seeing as you started it..........

Just for completeness you need 50%+1 , of the people who vote, to win a binary referendum. ;0)

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

Carrying on dreaming.  The truth is the majority of Tory MPs didn't want Boris to ever lead the party until the actions of the rogue parliament.  The truth is under Theresa May the Tory party got into a pickle and wouldn't have won a majority in a general election.  The Tory MPs turned to Boris because they knew he was the man to turn their fortunes around and secure victory in a general election. There is no one waiting in the wings to replace Boris who will preform better for the Tory party in the next general election which is why the party will not remove him.  

I am sure that we share the same dreams.

One being that there will be some evidence that there will be some signs that Brexit has been of nett benefit to the country and that Johnson will gain popularity as a result of his actions rather than relying totally on his undoubted charisma.

Edited by RJRB

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

As Greta says "Blah Blah Blah"

This make me so mad.

Details details details, consequences, consequences, consequences, blah , blah, blah.

Just get Brexit done!  The majority of Brexiteers did't care about how it would be done and what the results would be .  The majority of Brexiteers didn't care about Northern Ireland or Fisheries or any of a whole host of details and consequences. 

Just get Brexit done! - It didn't mean anything.

Just a gut reaction to foreigners, to them against us,  to being conservative with a very small 'c'.  Close your eyes and it will be alright in the end. We are already more isolation and have a littler Briton as a result.