The Conservative Party - Part Two.

12 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Fake News

Well it was reported in the Spectator, who know even more than you do about all things relating to the PCP.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-problem-with-david-s-law-

Unless of course you're accusing the Spectator of spreading fake news? Now I know that Boris used to edit the Spectator, and well, he's not that high up on the trustworthy metre....

Ooh if you didn't already know about the the PCP's links to the Spectator, here it is in Tatler https://www.tatler.com/article/spectator-magazine-social-web-links-to-tory-cabinet

I'm sure you've already read it Westy, with you being well connected and all that ;)

Edited by Mister M

Pistol packing Patel.😁

14 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I give zero credibility to any story where the individual concerned is not named and when any story comes from an unnamed source.

Oh okay then. The speculation in the media, Parliament and elsewhere will continue without your interest.

19 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Pistol packing Patel.😁

Good choice! Though Patel is not very bright, she'd probably shoot herself in the foot :hihi:

There’s also Calamity Chris Grayling,but if it’s extended to The Lords ,better get Blunkett a gun dog.

I forgot Wild Matt Hancock😁

Edited by RJRB

44 minutes ago, RJRB said:

There’s also Calamity Chris Grayling,but if it’s extended to The Lords ,better get Blunkett a gun dog.

I forgot Wild Matt Hancock😁

I think Matt Hancock would keep his gun in his pocket to prove to the ladies that he's pleased to see them ;)

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I think Matt Hancock would keep his gun in his pocket to prove to the ladies that he's pleased to see them ;)

Ive heard hes quick on the trigger 

6 hours ago, whiteowl said:

So while the UK is lecturing the world about environmental damage, Tories are allowing water companies to pump raw sewage into rivers.

Great

Edited by Mister M

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So while the UK is lecturing the world about environmental damage, Tories are allowing water companies to pump raw sewage into rivers.

Great

Not just Tories voting for this 

Be warned: this government is robbing you of your right to challenge the state - David Davis, Conservative MP for Haltemprice and Howden.

The government plans to restrict the use of judicial review in an obvious attempt to avoid accountability. Such attempts to consolidate power are profoundly un-conservative and forget that, in a society governed by the rule of law, the government does not always get its way.

Essentially, this is the government legislating to deny a court jurisdiction in a certain matter. Left unchecked, the use of these ouster clauses could give the government free rein to designate certain decisions that it has made, or the use of certain powers it hands itself, to be unchallengeable in the courts.

And the government, through this bill, wants to establish a framework for how ouster clauses can be applied to other areas in future legislation. This all too clearly leaves the door open for further ouster clauses to be created that remove the courts from decisions in matters such as employment tribunals or social security. It does not take a wild imagination to picture a future government, racked by constant losses in the courts on welfare matters, to suddenly legislate to remove the court’s vital oversight functions in such decisions.

Imagine what a Corbynite Labour government could do if the courts are restricted in this way.