The Conservative Party - Part Two.

22 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

They haven't. A temporary uplift has ended.

Didn't have £20 extra before Covid and they don't now.  

Great, because there have been zero price increases since then in food or utilities. And what's the point of food banks if people won't use them?

17 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Great, because there have been zero price increases since then in food or utilities. And what's the point of food banks if people won't use them?

Who said anything about food banks? Let's get back on topic shall we.

They are not special love.  Everyone has had to face price increases. Pensioners, students, anyone else in the working world not lucky enough to have some additional state hand out on top of their wages. We are just coming out of a massive worldwide pandemic. The government had to invest billions into trying to sort it out and we are still reeling from the massive disruption to our businesses, supply chains and staffing.

A small child will understand that's going to have an obvious effect on end prices and we are all having to manage.  

None of that detracts from the simple basic fact that the £20 extra per week was a temporary arrangement for a specific purpose. It's over. They need to get back to coping just like they used to -  everyone else is.  I am sure we will all like an extra £1,000 a year but hey this is a real world.

Sick to death of seeing this whiny exaggerated story across certain newspapers and TV shows.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Grow up .

What do you mean grow up!?!

The optics are bloody awful. If it was Diane Abbott singing "I've had the time of my life" while millions were getting benefit cuts would you be sniping 'grow up' on the sidelines to those who were criticising her?

No you wouldn't - you'd be joining in. 

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What do you mean grow up!?!

The optics are bloody awful. If it was Diane Abbott singing "I've had the time of my life" while millions were getting benefit cuts would you be sniping 'grow up' on the sidelines?

No you wouldn't.

"IF" it was that way round and I posted what you posted , what would your reply to me be ? 

30 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Who said anything about food banks? Let's get back on topic shall we.

They are not special love.  Everyone has had to face price increases. Pensioners, students, anyone else in the working world not lucky enough to have some additional state hand out on top of their wages. We are just coming out of a massive worldwide pandemic. The government had to invest billions into trying to sort it out and we are still reeling from the massive disruption to our businesses, supply chains and staffing.

A small child will understand that's going to have an obvious effect on end prices and we are all having to manage.  

None of that detracts from the simple basic fact that the £20 extra per week was a temporary arrangement for a specific purpose. It's over. They need to get back to coping just like they used to -  everyone else is.  I am sure we will all like an extra £1,000 a year but hey this is a real world.

Sick to death of seeing this whiny exaggerated story across certain newspapers and TV shows.  

Tell that to the 'Father of the House' , Sir Peter Bottomley, who has complained that living on £82,000 a yer is grim, and MPs should get a payrise

It’s grim having to live on £82,000 a year, says Sir Peter Bottomley, UK’s longest-serving MP (telegraph.co.uk)

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

"IF" it was that way round and I posted what you posted , what would your reply to me be ? 

I'd be saying the optics are bloody awful. Because they are.

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Tell that to the 'Father of the House' , Sir Peter Bottomley, who has complained that living on £82,000 a yer is grim, and MPs should get a payrise

It’s grim having to live on £82,000 a year, says Sir Peter Bottomley, UK’s longest-serving MP (telegraph.co.uk)

I'd be saying the optics are bloody awful. Because they are.

Of course you would 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Of course you would 

So why bother asking if you knew the answer anyway

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, West 77 said:

The Minister would have been singing last year if the conference hadn't been cancelled as a consequence of the pandemic. Have you something against members of  political parties celebrating big general election victories at party conferences?

If serving for a PM who is happy to see the bodies pile high is the time of her life, I can only guess how orgasmic she’s going to find the next few months. 

Fuel crises, empty supermarket shelves, erratic distribution of goods,  Irish border problems, no turkeys, or pigs, inflation returning and rising unemployment.

Its certainly shaping up to be memorable. Hang on to your microphone 

Edited by sibon

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So why bother asking if you knew the answer anyway

Just to prove that you are a hypocrite 

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just to prove that you are a hypocrite 

Just like you then

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Just like you then

Ner ner ne ner ner 

18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Ner ner ne ner ner 

Think it's you that needs to 'grow up'

48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No need to deal with hypotheticals Hacks, you can look through my post history and find examples where I've criticised Labour MPs and members.