The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

@altusYou, I and everyone else knows (or should) that statistics (lies, damned lies and statistics) can be manipulated however those who produce them wish - and this applies to 'official' ones too.

Absolutely - which is why I put "the figures may not be a true representation of US-UK trade". I was just pointing out that Westie's just quoting of the chart rather than the article the chart is from from, that mentions that the figures are unreliable, was unquestionably a deliberate attempt to manipulate.

55 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I was unaware of the article.  I also didn't think there was any dispute that the UK had a trade surplus with the US.  i found the graph by doing a google search  using the words "UK US Balance of Trade" (google images) and chose the first graph to post. No manipulation or fake news.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+us+balance+of+trade&client=opera&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwirvuv0qJjzAhXx_7sIHX1JD6oQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1270&bih=524&dpr=1

But West it's not the surplus we're talking about its about the corner stone of the extreme Tory Brexit and the mega deal that was so hyped up by Johnson.

Even if your hero Donald Trump had won their would still have been no deal with America who are more interested in Northern Ireland peace process and the EU Withdrawal Agreement more so now that Biden is in the driving seat. After the Presidential elections an Republican senator said they knew the UK would still have to follow EU rules making an US deal difficult to do basically Trump just played along the real power for a deal  lies with the Senate who are keen on keeping peace in Northern Ireland remember the United States is a signature for Good Friday Agreement along UK and the EU. 

Utterly callous comments from our gob****e Prime Minister:

Pointing to the recent growth in wages, Mr Johnson told the BBC: “I’ve given you the most important metric – never mind life expectancy, never mind cancer outcomes – look at wage growth.”

Boris Johnson condemned for saying ‘never mind’ about cancer outcomes | The Independent

Totally unfit to be PM

Edited by Mister M

I listened to it three times, the man is a fool. He could have said, never mind the queueing at petrol stations and no turkeys at Christmas!

But even those are important and negative for bussinesses.

And a perfect example of fillibustering by Boris on the Andrew Marr show. Poor Andrew can't get a word in edgeways as Boris waffles on and blusters without answering the question. Boris has no compunction in talking over Andrew Marr endlessly, without stopping or drawiing breath. That's an art in itself and Boris excells at it. Must be something you learn at Eton when training to be a master of the Universe.  

50 minutes ago, Anna B said:

And a perfect example of fillibustering by Boris on the Andrew Marr show. Poor Andrew can't get a word in edgeways as Boris waffles on and blusters without answering the question. Boris has no compunction in talking over Andrew Marr endlessly, without stopping or drawiing breath. That's an art in itself and Boris excells at it. Must be something you learn at Eton when training to be a master of the Universe.  

True, but Andrew Marr is a skilled enough interviewer to cut through that nonsense.

He was like a cat with his claws out with Shami Chakrabarti - very unpleasant.

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

True, but Andrew Marr is a skilled enough interviewer to cut through that nonsense.

He was like a cat with his claws out with Shami Chakrabarti - very unpleasant.

You'd think so, but blustering Boris beat even him. Ususally in this sort of contest when both are talking over each other one has to back down. Boris will just keep on going until the other (in this case Andrew Marr) backs down. I feel Boris would have the chutzpah to keep on talking continuously even when the interviewer is trying to get a word in/ interupt him/talk over him, till the end of the programme rather than answer a question he doesn't like. That takes a certain kind of personality quirk which Boris has and a massive vocabulary which he certainly has to pull off, and probably accounts for his success in avoiding accountability.  

Just now, Anna B said:

You'd think so, but blustering Boris beat even him. Ususally in this sort of contest when both are talking over each other one has to back down. Boris will just keep on going until the other (in this case Andrew Marr) backs down. I feel Boris would have the chutzpah to keep on talking continuously even when the interviewer is trying to get a word in/ interupt him/talk over him, till the end of the programme rather than answer a question he doesn't like. That takes a certain kind of personality quirk which Boris has and a massive vocabulary which he certainly has, to pull off, and probably accounts for his success in avoiding accountability.  

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

You'd think so, but blustering Boris beat even him. Ususally in this sort of contest when both are talking over each other one has to back down. Boris will just keep on going until the other (in this case Andrew Marr) backs down. I feel Boris would have the chutzpah to keep on talking continuously even when the interviewer is trying to get a word in/ interupt him/talk over him, till the end of the programme rather than answer a question he doesn't like. That takes a certain kind of personality quirk which Boris has and a massive vocabulary which he certainly has to pull off, and probably accounts for his success in avoiding accountability.  

Pity his supporters don't have the word obfuscation in their vocabulary.

Boris quote: "The food industry does involve killing a lot of animals," in response to culling thousands of pigs.

What an absolute tool.

I wonder how many photographers at the Tory conference are trying to get a picture of Johnson with his head blocking the "with" in the slogan "Getting on with the job".