The Conservative Party - Part Two.

11 hours ago, steved32 said:

And over the past week he naffs off to USA to play at being the world statesman.

What a bumbling oaf.

And do you remember when he said - several times - that we are going to get a quick trade deal with the US? First of all he's just denied saying it at all (because he's a big liar) and now we aren't getting one.

12 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And do you remember when he said - several times - that we are going to get a quick trade deal with the US? First of all he's just denied saying it at all (because he's a big liar) and now we aren't getting one.

They used to say the UK seat at the EU was also the Americas. We left that seat we are no use to the Americas any more the trade deal is a non starter.

Brexit should be reversed - Joe Biden 2021.

54 minutes ago, West 77 said:

And a very good job he did.  Mission accomplished regarding getting the US to contribute more to saving the planet

The Macron bloke's mission wasn't so successful.

Who used to say that?

You do know we are still trading with the US?    A big ship set sail from Liverpool yesterday full of cargo heading to the US.

You have to be kidding... 

Johnson always overpromises and underdelivers. You can't believe a word he says he's so full of bull****

Love the big ship bit. How many 'big ships' with cargo from America come in to our ports compared to your one going out... And what deals has he done?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

And a very good job he did.  Mission accomplished regarding getting the US to contribute more to saving the planet

The Macron bloke's mission wasn't so successful.

Who used to say that?

You do know we are still trading with the US?    A big ship set sail from Liverpool yesterday full of cargo heading to the US.

Americans.

Yes I know we trade with the US but it's not the mega deal that Johnson wanted you know the one that  wanted us to pay more for medicines and lower standards. 

So what's the name of this ship?

Which company owns this ship?

What flag does she sail under?

As for American - French relations a positive phone call between the two leaders has resolved the issue.

Edited by GabrielC

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:

Oh dear ... that's kind of embarassing. Still I don't suppose anybody will notice.

Nothing to see here.

Move along now.

Guest sibon
8 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The UK-US trade relationship in five charts - BBC News

You do know what year it is, don’t you?

I’ve no idea what our trade deficit with the US is.  But I do know that it isn’t 2016 any more.

Guest sibon
13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The UK still has a trade surplus with the US.  Feel free to post a more up to date graph sourced from the Office for National Statistics.

I’ll leave that for you to do. I’ve sorted out what year it is for you. I’m not doing everything.

23 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The UK still has a trade surplus with the US.  Feel free to post a more up to date graph sourced from the Office for National Statistics.

I see, so not only do you not what foreign people over here but you don't want their data either.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The UK-US trade relationship in five charts - BBC News

It's not surprising you didn't want to post a link to the article you got that chart from. The paragraph before the chart is:

The chart below uses data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) which suggest the UK exports more to the US than it imports. The US figures suggest the reverse.

So you already knew the figures may not be a true representation of US-UK trade when you made your post.

@altusYou, I and everyone else knows (or should) that statistics (lies, damned lies and statistics) can be manipulated however those who produce them wish - and this applies to 'official' ones too.