The Conservative Party - Part Two.

It could have been Stanley Johnson

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

Happy to see the back of Gavin Williamson and the demotion of Raab.Not so happy with the thought of Nadine Dorries in any position.Culture Secretary haha.

How many jobs can Gove be given,without anyone knowing what he actually does.

There had to be changes but nothing very inspiring that I can see.

Johnson simply got rid of, or demoted, Ministers that have grown unpopular within the Conservative party, and given their shot to the next batch of faithfuls. That is all. The main, and only, policy is still only about keeping Johnson in power, for power’s sake.

Gove’s appointment is plenty clear in that context: keep the red wall blue, by telling it everything that it wants to hear and, in the same breath, Teflon-sliding the absence of any follow-through/delivery. He’s a perfect choice.

Given the state of Justice in the UK, appointing Raab to the MoJ is like handing the keys to a joyrider after he’s already totalled the car.

As for Nadine Dorries…12 hours on, or so, I’m still LOL’ing every time I read about her appointment 😂

4 hours ago, West 77 said:

Which commentator was that?

A very perceptive one.

I suppose Grant Shapps will be kept in some position or other because when things go wrong, as they so frequently do, they need to send out the grinning village idiot as cannon fodder while everyone else hides behind the parapet. He's a safe pair of hands in these situations as neither he nor anyone else knows what he's talking about.

There was a story doing the rounds this morning that not after loosing his Min. of Education job, Gavin Williamson was spotted in the street on the phone to his mum, crying?  There's a man for a crisis? 

There again, if my salary had been cut by nearly 50% in an instant, I might have a tear in my eye. 

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

There was a story doing the rounds this morning that not after loosing his Min. of Education job, Gavin Williamson was spotted in the street on the phone to his mum, crying?  There's a man for a crisis? 

There again, if my salary had been cut by nearly 50% in an instant, I might have a tear in my eye. 

Hmmm... :huh:

Who makes this nonsense up?...

... and perhaps more importantly, who believes it? :roll:

Spoiler alert: It's some bored teenager trying to impress their mates on Twitter! :hihi:

3 hours ago, Shreddie said:

I suppose Grant Shapps will be kept in some position or other because when things go wrong, as they so frequently do, they need to send out the grinning village idiot as cannon fodder while everyone else hides behind the parapet. He's a safe pair of hands in these situations as neither he nor anyone else knows what he's talking about.

I bet Michael Green has a pretty good idea.

19 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The Mister Men

I would just like to point out that despite my name, I have never been a member of the clique collectively known as the 'Mister Men'.

All of my posts are completely based on my own opinions and any unfortunate naming similarities are purely coincidental.

I hope this clears up any confusion anyone might have...

... Thank You! :)

56 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I would just like to point out that despite my name, I have never been a member of the clique collectively known as the 'Mister Men'.

All of my posts are completely based on my own opinions and any unfortunate naming similarities are purely coincidental.

I hope this clears up any confusion anyone might have...

... Thank You! :)

Those of us with half a brain cell wouldn't include you in @West 77's little clique, we know you have more sense. 🤣

Guest sibon
21 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Those of us with half a brain cell wouldn't include you in @West 77's little clique, we know you have more sense. 🤣

I think that the clique only exists in West77’s brain. Number of cells not specified.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I bet Michael Green has a pretty good idea.

If he does, it will be his first one ever.

Edited by sibon

54 minutes ago, whiteowl said:

_120600110_de27-1.jpg

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right?

And no masks?

Still I doubt Coronavirus would survive in most of these throbbers, since they're toxic anyway.