The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Every Christmas?  Jimmy Savile was one of the first pioneers of celebrity fund raising for charity which is the reason why he was treated favourably by the prime minister at the time.

In hindsight, do you think that was a wise decision by the Conservative PM of the day?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

First ones not my cup of tea thanks . Stranglers not bad but really are posh boys pretending to be bad boys 

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

First ones not my cup of tea thanks . Stranglers not bad but really are posh boys pretending to be bad boys 

Or8 **** chops.

It always troubles me when guys like Saville and Smith are only exposed following their deaths. The only answer is that there is a preference to cover up than to expose and save the abuse of the young and vulnerable, didn’t it ever enter Thatcher’s head to have Saville given the full treatment by the police prior to befriending him?

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

It always troubles me when guys like Saville and Smith are only exposed following their deaths. The only answer is that there is a preference to cover up than to expose and save the abuse of the young and vulnerable, didn’t it ever enter Thatcher’s head to have Saville given the full treatment by the police prior to befriending him?

She knew all about Cyril Smith and still she knighted him. So did David Steel, leader of the Lib Dems.

And yes it is curious that only after death are these people exposed, which suggests it's still going on now.

Edited by Anna B

3 hours ago, crookesey said:

It always troubles me when guys like Saville and Smith are only exposed following their deaths.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

And yes it is curious that only after death are these people exposed, which suggests it's still going on now.

Dead people can not sue for defamation and their ability to intimidate in other ways also tends to wane with death.

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

She knew all about Cyril Smith and still she knighted him.

Thatcher also seems to have known about Peter Morrison MP and the diplomat Peter Hayman.

39 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Dead people can not sue for defamation and their ability to intimidate in other ways also tends to wane with death.

Thatcher also seems to have known about Peter Morrison MP and the diplomat Peter Hayman.

And it still goes on in Westminster circles. Not that it will ever be proved. 

Guest sibon
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

A ludicrous contribution. Hindsight can't correct past mistakes. At the time when Margaret Thatcher was PM Jimmy Savile was well respected and one of the top celebrities in this country as well as being a serial charity fund raiser. 

Will just add Margaret Thatcher died about two years after Jimmy Savile  died and due to her bad state of health in her last few years I doubt she became aware of the horrendous things Jimmy Savile is accused of doing.

There is nothing ludicrous about exploring the connection between the Conservative Party hierarchy and one of the most notorious paedophiles ever.

Guest sibon
29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Desperation is the most polite word I can think of in response to your contribution.

Quite a few of your posts seem to be desperate.

Thank you for sharing.