The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

Trolling at it’s best.

Oh I don't know I mean look at this picture of 'little Willie' at 16

Oct. 12, 1977: William Hague, sixteen, makes his first speech at the  Conservative Party Conference in Great Britain. He will… | William hague,  Leader, Great britain

Now what says a misspent youth more than wearing your Grandfather's suit with Maggi Thatcher looking admiringly along at you?

I mean it's just an iconic picture that should've been hung on teenager's bedroom walls everywhere as an enduring  symbol of disaffected and alienated youth everywhere, alongside photos of James Dean, Morrissey, or even the Clash

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Oh I don't know I mean look at this picture of 'little Willie' at 16

Oct. 12, 1977: William Hague, sixteen, makes his first speech at the  Conservative Party Conference in Great Britain. He will… | William hague,  Leader, Great britain

Now what says a misspent youth more than wearing your Grandfather's suit with Maggi Thatcher looking admiringly along at you?

I mean it's just an iconic picture that should've been hung on teenager's bedroom walls everywhere as an enduring  symbol of disaffected and alienated youth everywhere, alongside photos of James Dean, Morrissey, or even the Clash

That’s the stuff of nightmares, ****ing hell

Edited by Mister Gee

7 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s the stuff of nightmares, ****ing hell

You think that's bad:

Jimmy Savile and William Hague – Swiss Policy Research

I read somewhere that Jimmy Savile used to spend every Christmas with Margaret Thatcher. But then  she's the one who knighted Cyril Smith so not the best judge of character.

10 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Did you work in social services in Rotherham?

No.

3 minutes ago, crookesey said:

No.

Pub landlord on one of his fourteen pints a day route?

11 hours ago, Anna B said:

No argument from me. Politicians come from many walks of life and have to be voted in (or out) by the public.

We were talking about the upper echelons of the civil service: the manipulators, the fixers, the movers and shakers, power behind the thrones. Powerful but unelected and unaccountable men in grey suits who pull the strings of government. 

Some get on better with grey suits than others.

4 hours ago, crookesey said:

Some get on better with grey suits than others.

Yes, like minded Conservatives probably, but it's the Establishment that rule the roost. And they're unelected Toffs to a man. They have their own agenda irrespective of what the public need, and that's to keep all the power in their own hands at all costs. Another reason why democracy in this country is a sham.

Edited by Anna B

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes, like minded Conservatives probably, but it's the Establishment that rule the roost. And they're unelected Toffs to a man. They have their own agenda irrespective of what the public need, and that's to keep all the power in their own hands at all costs. Another reason why democracy in this country is a sham.

Bloody heck Anna, it used to reds under the bed, but with you it’s blues under loo. I reckon that it all derives from which University they attended, there’s  plenty of uni educated reds around.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

Every Christmas?  Jimmy Savile was one of the first pioneers of celebrity fund raising for charity which is the reason why he was treated favourable by the prime minister at the time.

Wow, what a post!

30 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Every Christmas?  Jimmy Savile was one of the first pioneers of celebrity fund raising for charity which is the reason why he was treated favourably by the prime minister at the time.

Odd but true