The Conservative Party - Part Two.

48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

"he was unsuccessful in his approaches" 

No but he still made a fortune, and many investors went to the wall. 

He had the nerve when PM to lambast people on social security as being 'entitled'. Cheeky ****

And he shoved his penis in a dead pig's mouth part of an initiation ceremony at Oxford University. The British public voted for him. God knows where Boris Johnson shoved his - probably in any available orifice of nearby willing women

Edited by Mister M

On 01/08/2021 at 20:23, The Joker said:

Does shagging Jennifer Arcuri at the expense of the British taxpayer fall under that category ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/30/johnson-has-case-to-answer-over-jennifer-arcuri-says-lawyer

Good grief, it almost sounds like you're jealous.

28 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Good grief, it almost sounds like you're jealous.

Indeed I am.

Shagger Boris had promised to take me on those overseas trips instead of her 😢

41 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Indeed I am.

I would prefer to go with Carrie, although she is like her hubby, rather arty.

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

Indeed I am.

Ha. nice one Joker.

18 hours ago, Mister M said:

No but he still made a fortune, and many investors went to the wall. 

He had the nerve when PM to lambast people on social security as being 'entitled'. Cheeky ****

And he shoved his penis in a dead pig's mouth part of an initiation ceremony at Oxford University. The British public voted for him. God knows where Boris Johnson shoved his - probably in any available orifice of nearby willing women

What he did at uni should not be held against him, people should not bare a grudge.

I have some shares in my SIPP(pension) that are 50% down and another that has gone up 20% in a week, its a risk of playing the game.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Another one who seems to be jealous. Are you more jealous of Cameron's wealth or more jealous of the pig?

Boris can look forward to a bumper windfall after he leaves office if Cameron can get millions that easily.

Ooh I'm really jealous of the pig, I mean who could resist being shafted by an over privileged Etonian. Probably why many in the country make so many excuses for Johnson's **** poor performance as PM.

I reckon you're the one that's jealous of his money; you do come across as one of these covetous types, fawning before your social superiors in the hope of snaffling some crumbs from the table.

I'm happy with my life. Don't hanker after riches, and certainly not if it means screwing others over to get them.

Edited by Mister M

He was hired to open doors, which he did, sadly for those hungry for riches, he couldn’t open the correct ones. I’ve never understood greed, ambition yes but following his previous job and his family wealth, what the hell was he wanting? 

Edited by crookesey

6 hours ago, crookesey said:

He was hired to open doors, which he did, sadly for those hungry for riches, he couldn’t open the correct ones. I’ve never understood greed, ambition yes but following his previous job and his family wealth, what the hell was he wanting? 

If COVID had not occured and Greensil didnt go bust, perhaps there would have been no scandal?

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Not a scandal because Cameron hasn't done anything wrong.  Cameron has been unlucky because he didn't expect to get his hands dirty.  Cameron's loyalty was towards Greenhill and he did the honourable thing by contacting his government contacts in an attempt to obtain a  government covid loan for his employer. 

The problem is that he’s not a businessman, wealth had always come easy for him, greed got in the way of common sense, and as for not expecting to get his hands dirty, give us a break.

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Did you not know that Cameron studied economics at Oxford University?  Did you not know that David Cameron was the Special Adviser to Norman Lamont when he was Chancellor of the Exchequer  during John Mayor's time as Prime Minister?   Someone of David Cameron's experience and knowledge will have been a huge asset to an investment company such as Greenhill Capital.  

It's his contacts they were after. They knew he would be able to pull some strings for them.  If he wasn't a former PM they wouldn't be interested.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Not a scandal because Cameron hasn't done anything wrong.  Cameron has been unlucky because he didn't expect to get his hands dirty.  Cameron's loyalty was towards Greenhill and he did the honourable thing by contacting his government contacts in an attempt to obtain a  government covid loan for his employer. 

David Cameron 'showed a significant lack of judgement' over Greensill lobbying:

David Cameron "showed a significant lack of judgement" when he lobbied Rishi Sunak over financial firm Greensill Capital as it was collapsing at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, a damning report from a Conservative-dominated select committee has found.

MPs on the House of Commons Treasury select committee found that lobbying rules were "insufficient" in the face of Mr Cameron's sustained contact on behalf of Greensill, often by text message to key figures including the Chancellor, and should be strengthened.

Mr Cameron was lobbying ministers while he had "a very significant economic interest in the firm" and should have been told to move to "more formal methods of communication at the initial stage of his lobbying".

The MPs concluded: "In the light of these events, the committee expects the Treasury to put in place and publish formal processes to deal with lobbying attempts by ex-Prime Ministers or Ministers in the future."

So honourable that a Tory dominated select committee thinks his behaviour was so egregious the lobbying rules need to be strengthened to prevent similar behaviour in future.