The Conservative Party - Part Two.

29 minutes ago, apelike said:

You mean unlike yours above which does not even make grammatical sense... :D

Not to you... obviously! :hihi: :?

Glad to hear it as I shall just keep posting replies.

Good stuff :thumbsup:

What was your point... again? :D

Q.E.D! :P

4 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Not to you... obviously!:hihi: :?

You mean this quote: "sibon's post to makes the point rather well..." :hihi::?

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Is that the stuff you are drinking... :thumbsup:

Q.E.D! :P

I always liked that programme! :P

Will try again next week.

44 minutes ago, apelike said:

You mean this quote: "sibon's post to makes the point rather well..." :hihi::?

You were unable to determine the meaning, because of an obvious typo?

Oh dear :?

Your standard M.O, avoid the substance, and pick at the edges... I'm surprised you didn't have to "my bold" it :hihi:

Thanks for proving my point... again! :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

On 02/08/2021 at 22:01, apelike said:

Hahahaha.. Yep its a bit like a gang of four except the French Connection is missing... LOL!

Just insufficiently interested to contribute, apelike, and enjoying a back-to-normal life, well away from all things British for extra peace of mind 😉

On 02/08/2021 at 17:39, RJRB said:

I suggest that you look outside of this Forum.Lets start with the Prime Minister who has a well documented history of disrespect for others and is hardly a role model for the general population.

He does have a point though. 

Angela Rayner is accused of calling Tory MP 'scum'

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/tory-accuses-angela-rayner-scum-commons-a4572470.html

And this:

1536.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

It’s just the sweeping and totally wrong generalisation that all Tories and Brexiteers are gentlemen and gentlewomen,unlike the opposition.

6 hours ago, RJRB said:

It’s just the sweeping and totally wrong generalisation that all Tories and Brexiteers are gentlemen and gentlewomen,unlike the opposition.

It's been disclosed today that the hereditary peer, Lord Bethell replaced his mobile phone before it could be searched for information relevant to £85m of Covid deals that are subject to a legal challenge. Bethell said the mobile phone had broken, after deals were done, and after he was told his mobile phone would be searched for documents relating to this case.

Lord Bethell is already under investigation by the Information Commissioner’s Office over the use of private emails for government business, prompted by revelations that his former boss Matt Hancock was using a private account at the height of the pandemic.

Bethell has previously faced calls for his resignation after the Guardian revealed that a number of emails had been copied into his private email account. His address was copied into at least four official exchanges relating to a businessman who was attempting to get government contracts during the pandemic.

Lord Bethell in hot water after phone containing documents relating to Covid contracts mysteriously 'broken' (thelondoneconomic.com)

Bethell has told the Lords “In terms of the use of private email can I just reassure members that I have read the ministerial code, I have signed the ministerial code and I seek to uphold it in everything I do.”

Just like his 'honourable friend', Boris Johnson.

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

What does " jumped the shark " mean ?

When something is devoid of ideas and throws anything out there to boost popularity. 

In fairness I could have used a better phrase but I was slightly dumbstruck on how Johnson is trying to convince people the wholesale destruction of entire communities was a good thing. Its like he thinks we're all stupid.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

When something is devoid of ideas and throws anything out there to boost popularity. 

In fairness I could have used a better phrase but I was slightly dumbstruck on how Johnson is trying to convince people the wholesale destruction of entire communities was a good thing. Its like he thinks we're all stupid.

Ok ,thanks . Never heard that one before .

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Ok ,thanks . Never heard that one before .

It comes from the TV series Happy Days were they were so desperate for ideas they had one of the characters water ski jump over a shark.

29 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think we've jumped the shark.

BBC News - Thatcher helped climate by closing coal mines, says Boris Johnson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58107009

Next week, Boris will claim to have sorted out elderly care by chucking covid infected old people into care homes like a grenade.

Praising Thatcher in Scotland is so going to boost his popularity and help reinforce the union north of the border.

He's an absolute gift to Nicola Sturgeon.