The Conservative Party - Part Two.

40 minutes ago, Yawn367 said:

With this TV, I will no longer have to think for myself. I will look forward to adopting the ideas and perception of reality that is broadcast from the signal. A life of mindless trivia, sports, celebrity gossip, insecurities and material possessions are just a click away.

Grrrrr

Jesus, it make me feel very superior now knowing all this is happening and I'm one of the few who don't watch TV. :D

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

I guess that's one way of looking at the situation.  Giving the French the odd £50 million handout is much more prudent than handing over £350 million every week to the EU.

Ah, the lie on the bus. It's always the believers who are the last holdouts.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:
1 hour ago, Carbuncle said:

Ah, the lie on the bus. It's always the believers who are the last holdouts.

It wasn't actually a lie. 

Shock horror: man pays £20 for penny chew.

Oh wait, that was the gross amount. He actually got £19.99 in change.

50 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It wasn't actually a lie.  However, it would have been better if the leave campaign had quoted a net figure which is more like £250 million a week. I understand one reason for not using the net amount is because the EU decided where some of the rebate amount was to be spent.  The Tory government were not responsible for the leave campaign's actions.

If people now belive in what Cummings has stated recently then they will know the £350 figure on the bus was actually designed to enrage the remainers ino arguing amongst themselves and sow dissent among them. Seems to have worked as well as they still keep quoting it!

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

It wasn't actually a lie.  However, it would have been better if the leave campaign had quoted a net figure which is more like £250 million a week. I understand one reason for not using the net amount is because the EU decided where some of the rebate amount was to be spent.  The Tory government were not responsible for the leave campaign's actions.

David Cameron's Tory government might not have been responsible for the leave campaign's actions but the members of Boris Johnson's Tory government very much were.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The leave campaign was a cross political party campaign not officially supported by any of the major political parties.  I seem to remember a good Labour lady MP at the time called Gisela Stuart (born in Germany) who was both the chairperson and leader of the leave campaign.  There were members of both David Cameron's Tory Government and Theresa May's Tory government who were not involved in the leave campaign and supported remaining in the EU.  

You deserve to win a coconut for your contribution because it's true there are members of Boris Johnson's Tory government who were involved in the leave campaign.

Would probably make a better PM than the clown you so adore.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The leave campaign was a cross political party campaign not officially supported by any of the major political parties.  I seem to remember a good Labour lady MP at the time called Gisela Stuart (born in Germany) who was both the chairperson and leader of the leave campaign.  There were members of both David Cameron's Tory Government and Theresa May's Tory government who were not involved in the leave campaign and supported remaining in the EU.  

You deserve to win a coconut for your contribution because it's true there are members of Boris Johnson's Tory government who were involved in the leave campaign.

It's not just that there are such members though. Boris has chosen MPs to be part of the government based on on their support for brexit rather than how suitable they are for the job he gives them - even for posts that have nothing to do with implementing brexit.

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed but once it gets to a certain point in the day you stop posting on here. Where are you, Russia?

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I don't adore the PM or any politicians. I support the good work he and his team have been doing in a very difficult time for our country.  It goes without saying most of the World have been having a difficult time as well.

Very difficult for the UK and we are some distance away from China, where this all started.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

13 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Would probably make a better PM than the clown you so adore.

A tad disrespectful there Mister Gee.  I think you mean Mr Johnson.

21 minutes ago, spilldig said:

A tad disrespectful there Mister Gee.  I think you mean Mr Johnson.

That's what he said, the clown Mr Johnson

15 hours ago, West 77 said:

You're really tying yourself in knots, twisting and turning

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, West 77 said:

They just embarrass themselves by resorting to name calling.

I agree entirely. We should all stick

to being accurate in our descriptions of the incompetent, racist , dishonest, untruthful PM Johnson.